Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990

Old 04-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

BNW might be my least favorite reunion era album but I still love it. It was the first physical CD I ever got.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 04-20-2011, 10:04 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

8 MORE LEFT, W00T W00T
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 04-20-2011, 10:34 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
8 MORE LEFT, W00T W00T
Top 8! The thread has been so entertaining over the past 4-5 months I almost don't want it to end. I spent the 1st year on this site without even venturing into the Forums. Now between the 2011 thread and this one I skip right over the setlists and come here.

Funny I listened to Powerslave today and it brought back so many memories and sounds so great even to this day. As much as I respect the last 2 entries, Powerslave is worlds better than both of those albums to me.

I'm sure a huge Maiden fan was jonesin' for these albums and I can understand why so many people love them, I just put the early material so far over these. Mainly because of the lyrics but it's more than that.

Maiden changed after Powerslave. This was their Hemispheres basically. They did what they wanted to do and didn't care about anything. As much as people love SIT, it was written with the purpose of getting songs on the radio and making videos. Dickinsons song lyrics were denied by the record label and they used Adrian Smith's to be more commercial leading to major problems withing the band. They introduced synth guitars into the music and basically were negatively influenced by the times like Priest on Turbo. Some people stayed loyal but everyone I know jumped ship.

This thread reminded me why I transitioned into Slayer/Metallica then Sadus/Dark Angel when I did. Thanks for the History lesson Bro!
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 04-20-2011, 02:19 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Top 8! The thread has been so entertaining over the past 4-5 months I almost don't want it to end. I spent the 1st year on this site without even venturing into the Forums. Now between the 2011 thread and this one I skip right over the setlists and come here.
This
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 04-20-2011, 06:07 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

thanks guys, listening to number 8 right now, review tomorrow

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 04-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
As much as people love SIT, it was written with the purpose of getting songs on the radio and making videos.

Which is why there were 4 songs over 6 and a half minutes long, because in 1986, American radio was all about the epic.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Which is why there were 4 songs over 6 and a half minutes long, because in 1986, American radio was all about the epic.
Heaven Can Wait is a real epic and isn't radio friendly at all. Buahahahaha
Old 04-21-2011, 05:56 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
As much as people love SIT, it was written with the purpose of getting songs on the radio and making videos. Dickinsons song lyrics were denied by the record label and they used Adrian Smith's to be more commercial leading to major problems withing the band.

Quote:
Heaven Can Wait is a real epic and isn't radio friendly at all. Buahahahaha
Yeah, that's not even an Adrian song.
Quote:
Buahahahaha
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac

Last edited by IrritatedTrout; 04-21-2011 at 06:19 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:38 AM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

POSITION # : 8

Track Listing
1. Moonchild
2. Infinite Dreams
3. Can I Play With Madness
4. The Evil That Men Do
5. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
6. The Prophecy
7. The Clairvoyant
8. Only The Good Die Young

I got this the day it came out, just after purchasing my ticket for the show. Since Maiden opened up their 7 Th tour Of A seventh tour here in eastern Canada both the album and the tickets were out on the same day. If I remember correctly we were the 2 nd or 3 rd show of the tour.

How to describe what's bigger than big here... This album was never surpassed as beiing Maiden's 3 rd best album to me. This has never changed since it's out. All the songs exept for one are beyond great 10 out of 10 and more, but it's more than that. The density and the deepness of this album is what gives me chills. And with time this has never dropped one bit for me

Moonchild , were we freaking out in 2008 when they decided to surprise us by bringing this amazing track in the setlist ! Back in the 80's Maiden never failled to open their album with a bombastic song. We can't say that from the Maiden 2000 era but back then, you had to fasten your seatbelts properly before starting a Maiden album..

Then Infinite Dreams, Infinite Dreams for christ sake ! mindblowing song with this beautifull smooth intro and then the inferno heats up where Bruce is on top of his game and delivers his best vocal performance to this point in his career with the following:

Someone chasing I cannot move
Standing rigid a nightmare's statue
What a dream when will it end
And will it transcend?

Restless sleep the minds in turmoil
One nightmare ends another fertile
It's getting to me so scared to sleep
But scared to wake now, in too deep.

Even though it's reached new heights
I'd rather like the restless nights
It makes me wonder it makes me think
There's more to this I'm on the brink
It's not the fear of what's beyond
It's just that I might not respond
I have an interest almost craving
But would I like to get too far in?

Can't all be coincidence
Too many things are evident
You tell me you're an unbeliever
Spiritualists? Well me I'm neither
Wouldn't you like to know
The truth?
Oh what's out there to have the proof
And find out just which side
You're on
Where would you end in Heaven or
In Heeeeeeell?

Does he dominates it or what !! A butchery literaly and the rest of the song is a massacre ! Amazing !! I simply cannot understand how come this beauty wasn't able to make it's way back into the setlist since the album tour in 88. May 17 th 1988 was the date for me with the amazing 7 th Son stage with the big crystal ball in the middle of the floor. A great setlist, I was in heaven that night...God Bless Iron Maiden !

ok Can I Play With Madness I wasn't a fan of it and with the exception of that time where we waited first in line to go on stage in Holmdel for HCW where we were so hyped that we actually found it great it just to commercial for me. I don't like it.

but it's not long before The Evil That Men starts back the insanity! Fast and furious, super great song where the boys sound scorchy and hungry, they really are on fire on this one and Bruce screams like theres no tomorrow on it. incredible vibe.

BANG BANG BANG !!!! TARRATTTTTAAAA !!! mindblowing intro to this absolutely mindblowing 10 minutes hauting title track OOOOOOOhhhhh OOOOOOOOHhhhhh misterious vibe that works just perfectly with the smooth middle part that really gives chills and goosebumbs. Magic Maiden, only them have that hability to make me completely go nuts and lose it to their music, this song is a good example of that, a masterpiece

The Prophecy is probably overlooked or underated but it's okay I'm going to keep it for myself, I love that song and The Fucking Clairvoyant is nothing less than my 3 rd all time favourite Maiden song, it's just too perfect. Often throughout the years it was the song where Eddie came out also which works perfectly in the instrumental part of the song. I only see qualities to that song ! I absolutely adore it... and Only The Good Die Young is another bomb that was completely ignore in their live set, that's just to bad, I'm sure it would kills live ! A fucking craking song ! Wow !

An album that is absolutely immense for me that will never be surpassed by any other Maiden album exept by those who already are better than it. It's just stamped 100% Maiden classic all over. I listened to it so much, worshiping it literally that it easilyi deserves it's 8 th place on my list

Up The Fucking Irons !! Fucking Again !!
Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 04-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Yeah, that's not even an Adrian song.
Did I say it was? Did I not say they denied Bruce's lyrics? Did I mention any of the Harris songs when I made that statement? Can you read?

Short Bus - Helmet - Chin Strap!

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I love how people make valid points and some idiot tries to pick it apart buy using 1 sentence in a paragraph AND CAN'T EVEN GET THAT RIGHT!

Back to the awesome thread...

I can see why a diehard Maiden fan would love this cd also. I liked it better than SIT when I 1st heard it then lost interest shortly thereafter. To each his own. I buried Maiden and Priest after Powerslave and Defenders and not until Painkiller did I get back into both for a few years. A solid offering, I just prefer the heaviness of Powerslave. And yes having Can I play with Madness? jammed down my throat every single episode of Headbangers Ball didn't endear me to that song in any way. Total radio/MTV at the time fodder.

Bring on the the Top 7!