5. Wherever I May Roam
6. Don’t Tread On Me
7. Through The Never
8. Nothing Else Matters
9. Of Wolf And Man
10. The God That Failed
11. My Friend Of Misery
12. The Struggle Within

I got this the day it came out. And yes I was a disappointed, but not completely. It is a clear commercial attempt by my beloved Metallica but there are quite a few good songs on this thing. The problem here is that the general public outside of the metal world discovered Metallica with Enter Sandman, The Unforgiven and Nothing Else Matters. All of theses are excellent songs in my opinion but that did not reflect what Metallica was really for us who followed them since the beginning. If any new bands had brought out this album everybody would be worshiping it to death, that it is clear to me. It is just that the break is too big with regard to their previous thrash efforts of the first 4 albums. This album would have had to be only a minor album that was fast forgotten and not that heavily played live. Also a normal one year tour to support it would have been perfect.

But no, it was all the opposite and that album was played non-stop everywhere for 4-5 years, they made 3-4 World tour for it and got lost in money, succes and fame… After a few years I was so fed up of hearing these songs that I started to dislike them.

Then it was 15 years of bad decisions, bad albums, bad live playing (despise everybody who still praises them, you had to see them before 1991 to really know what was Metallica live). They are not angry anymore, Jayms sound gay , the playing is sloopy, the whole thing is just wrong. I know most of you will dissagree with me but this is trully how I feel about them now.

But deny the fact that this album was major for me would be a lie. The listening I did of it this afternoon was very pleasant, there was some dust on the cover I can tell you that, but this is a really good album.

Ok time to put it away for another 15 years…

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

I like this album a lot but I feel like they lean on it way too much; I think you are spot on that they ruined it by doing the whole 4 years of touring; granted some of their best shows came from that era (Moscow 91, San Diego 92, etc.)

Basically I wish they would do this; Drop Sandman, NEM, Sad but true and drop them forever and replace them in a rotating system with: God that Failed, Roam, Wolf and man, Struggle and a little unforgiven. As much as I do groove along to the black album staples at the 4 times I have seen them, I will not shed one tear if they don't play 'em; I think it is horseshit that people think that if Sandman, or NEM isn't played at a show the fans will be sad...maybe the brand new ones but not me sir

Thanks for letting me rant

btw love your countdown keep up the good work
Old 02-08-2011, 01:34 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

POSITION # : 64

Track Listing

1. Roots Bloody Roots
2. Attitude
3. Cut-Throat
4. Ratamahatta
5. Breed Apart
6. Straighthate
7. Spit
8. Lookaway
9. Dusted
10. Born Stubborn
11. Jasco
12. Itsari
13. Ambush
14. Endangered Species
15. Dictatorshit
16. untitled

This was my first Sepultura album, I didn't know much about this band prior to this but I though the cover was kind of cool.It turned out to be the kind of discovery that happens once in a blue moon where I was completly blown away right from the first listen. A fucking brutal record mixed with sounds, voices and instruments of some tribe somewhere in the middle of the jungle. Don’t get me wrong this is some serious violent and angry music but the mood to me is just too cool. It doesn’t reflect the thrashy Sepultura of their previous work which I also praise but the original and exotic side of this album make me really go apeshit over it. Almost every song on this sound somewhat tribal or has a tribal vibe if you will. Just like Amon Amarth fucking sound viking and Powerslave sound Egyptian. The song Ratamahatta (my favourite) is sang half and half in english and this tribe dialect by a tribe member. As for lyrics they just drawed a pot leaf in the booklet. That says it all. As time passed by this album became a real classic Sepultura album for me with such killers songs as Roots Bloody Roots, Spit, Cut-Throath and really 70 % of the album.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 02-08-2011, 03:55 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
POSITION # : 64

Track Listing

1. Roots Bloody Roots
2. Attitude
3. Cut-Throat
4. Ratamahatta
5. Breed Apart
6. Straighthate
7. Spit
8. Lookaway
9. Dusted
10. Born Stubborn
11. Jasco
12. Itsari
13. Ambush
14. Endangered Species
15. Dictatorshit
16. untitled

This was my first Sepultura album, I didn't know much about this band prior to this but I though the cover was kind of cool.It turned out to be the kind of discovery that happens once in a blue moon where I was completly blown away right from the first listen. A fucking brutal record mixed with sounds, voices and instruments of some tribe somewhere in the middle of the jungle. Don’t get me wrong this is some serious violent and angry music but the mood to me is just too cool. It doesn’t reflect the thrashy Sepultura of their previous work which I also praise but the original and exotic side of this album make me really go apeshit over it. Almost every song on this sound somewhat tribal or has a tribal vibe if you will. Just like Amon Amarth fucking sound viking and Powerslave sound Egyptian. The song Ratamahatta (my favourite) is sang half and half in english and this tribe dialect by a tribe member. As for lyrics they just drawed a pot leaf in the booklet. That says it all. As time passed by this album became a real classic Sepultura album for me with such killers songs as Roots Bloody Roots, Spit, Cut-Throath and really 70 % of the album.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
WOW
What a Coincidence!

I came on here to ask if you planned on adding "sepultura" to your list and BOOM, look what I find!

Not my favorite album by them but they do have some pretty kick ass tunes. Attitude is my favorite song on the album. I got to see *COUGH FAKE, COUGH* Sepultura play "Attitude", "Spit", "Ratamahatta" and "Roots" just a couple of weeks ago and they sounded just as great as the fucking album, no joke man! Hopefully you add some more Sepultura to the list my brotha

CHEERZ MUTHA FUCKA
11/14 - Slayer
Old 02-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Muthafuckas add a conga line to a third rate FBD (i.e. a Machine Head album) and people think it's musical gold.

These same muthafuckas be tryin to iceskate up a hill.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:44 PM
N00B

Dude this thread is sick. I just stumbles upon it today, and I am enjoying it. I'll comment on the Black Album thing. I'm only 20, but I've been listening to Metallica for about 10 years. They have always been my favorite band and probably always will. I have to credit the Black Album for getting me into Metallica. When I was 10, I was a commercial on TV for a popular radio station in Chicago and they played Enter Sandman and I fell in love with the song instantly. I had my dad buy me the album the next day, and I loved it. I went to my uncle's house the next month and asked him if I could borrow one of his Metallica cd's, and he gave me Justice. This opened me up to the 80's Metallica. I knew this band would be my all time favorite as soon as I heard the first riff off of Blackened.

I do see what you're saying about the Black Album being overplayed when it came out. It's a shame they didn't make at least one more album like the first 4.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:54 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Muthafuckas add a conga line to a third rate FBD (i.e. a Machine Head album) and people think it's musical gold.

These same muthafuckas be tryin to iceskate up a hill.
What
11/14 - Slayer
Old 02-08-2011, 06:06 PM

thanks for everyone who seems to enjoy this. I really enjoy doing it too. Like I said at the begining, I've carefully made my list to start and I post the albums at the same time that I listen to them. It's really funny because some of these were really collecting dust on my cd rack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
Hopefully you add some more Sepultura to the list my brotha

CHEERZ MUTHA FUCKA

one more epic Sep album down the road brotha

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Last edited by PowerMaiden; 02-08-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:35 PM

POSITION # : 63

Track Listing

1. In The Beginning
2. Shout At The Devil
3. Looks That Kill
4. Bastard
5. God Bless The Children Of The Beast
6. Helter Skelter
7. Red Hot
8. Too Young To Fall In Love
9. Knock ‘Em Dead Kid
10. Ten Seconds To Love
11. Danger

Another one that I got really early in my young metalhead career that I don't listen to anymore because of the fact that Motley Crue is now a joke. They look gay, their music sucks for the most part and really, why do they still exist ? ... but in 1983-84 this album was the 8 th wonder of the world (it still is imho). It's groovy, the sound is great and the riffage on this is not far from your typical thrash metal band but downshifted in terms of speed. It's not Kreator we all aggree on this but the aggression is palpable and really the mood and guitar work is really there.

I saw them in '85 for Theater Of Pain and I had to force myself to go since I hated the album so much. But the thoughts of hearing the songs of the first 2albums made me go. I was right, they were great,plus seiing the drum solo and Heather Locklear on the soundboard made me had a great night. After that it was done. Finish. I quit following them. So they suck now and I hate them, but I still stand by this album, throw me rocks if you want.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 02-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
What
Roots blows. It's boring, grating, atonal, way too groovy, unmitigated garbage.

Shout At The Devil is twice more deserving of being on the Decibel Extreme Hall of Fame list than that piece of shit. (And in all seriousness, I'd say it's more deserving of being there than Heaven & Hell). And I don't even like it that much.

Last edited by JRA; 02-09-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:51 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Shout At The Devil is twice more deserving of being on the Decibel Extreme Hall of Fame list than that piece of shit. (And in all seriousness, I'd say it's more deserving of being there than Heaven & Hell). And I don't even like it that much.
One of the stupidest things I've ever read on this board, and that's sayin' something.