Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 01-31-2011, 02:37 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

POSITION # : 70

Track Listing

1. Black Sabbath
2. The Wizard
3. Wasp\Behind The Wall Of Sleep\Bassically\N.I.B.
4. Evil Woman
5. Wicked World
6. A Bit Of Finger\Sleeping Village\Warning

Most of you will agree with me that this is probably the most important album in history for us, the metalheads. Right from the opening guitar notes of Tony Iommy we immediatly realise that this is no ordinary album. It's dark, gloomy, heavy and powerfull, with Ozzy's superb voice that fits perfectly this evil music, a revolutionnary music was born. Not that complicated really, but so fucking effe3ctive. I had the casette when I was younger and damn I listened to it a lot. Every song on this album is majestic and I was so happy in the summer of '99 to have witnessed the grand reunion of the Sab 4. I was hopping for the Warning meddley but they only gave us NIB and the title track, obviously both of them were beyond awesome. This is the first heavy metal album, and a damn good one

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 01-31-2011, 06:11 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Was it your intention to spell effective with a 3?
Old 02-01-2011, 02:51 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Was it your intention to spell effective with a 3?
lol I think it's pretty obvious that it wasn't. The 3 is right above the e, it's a typo. And what would the point of throwing a 3 in the middle of effective be anyway?
Old 02-02-2011, 12:42 PM

POSITION # : 69

Track Listing

1. Black Night
2. Speed King
3. Fireball
4. Strange Kind Of Woman
5. Child In Time
6. Woman From Tokyo
7. Highway Star
8. Space Truckiní
9. Burn
10. Stormbringer
11. Demonís Eye
12. Smoke On The Water

I've got this since forever. Definately less metal than Black Sabbath but as groovy and intense. Again you can't go wrong with a Deep Purple best of but here I had to make a hard choice: On this cd I have Burn and Stormbringer with David Coverdale on vocals (not that there's anything wrong with that but I prefer Ian Gillan by a lot) and those 2 songs are fucking good. On my other DP best of it include songs from 1984 Perfect Strangers (the title track & Knocking At Your Back Door are 2 personnal favourites) the choice was tough. I decided to go with this one since the other one doesn't have Strange Kind Of Woman nor Woman From Tokyo.

Deep Purple, with Ian Gillan on vocals, probably the best hard rock singer of it's time, Ritchie Blackmore a revolutionary guitar player. Roger Glover on Keyboard: another ace. The rhythm section is also all star material. You just play the cd and do the monkey dance !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 02-03-2011, 12:13 PM

POSITION # : 68

Track Listing

1. Freewheel Burning
2. Jawbreaker
3. Rock Hard, Ride Free
4. The Sentinel
5. Love Bites
6. Eat Me Alive
7. Some Heads Are Gonna Roll
8. Night Comes Down
9. Heavy Duty
10. Defenders Of The Faith

Within the first 10 albums I had. A pure classic of 80's metal, it's Sabbath, Purple and Zeppelin moving forward in heavy metal way. Twin guitar attack, solid rhythm section and a great singer. With Maiden, Metallica, Metal Church, Dio, Accept and maybe a few more it was the classic heavy metal bands of that era and this album to me is really their masterpiece. I have listened to it a whole damn lot. There is not a single bad song on this.. It must have been 20 years since my last full spin, shame on me. Really excellent album.

On a side note: I saw them twice in the 80's plus Rob 2 more times solo and I must say I dont like him that much in concert. I don't like his gay pose , his high scream iiissshhh. Scary. Much better studio imho.

*Ready to get flame for my last comment*

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 02-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Rob Halford was kind of a genius in that his gay poses managed to be the most masculine, beat up nerds while wearing leather jackets thing ever.

I would like DOTF alot better if half of that album didn't sound way better on Priest...Live.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Rob Halford was kind of a genius in that his gay poses managed to be the most masculine, beat up nerds while wearing leather jackets thing ever.

I would like DOTF alot better if half of that album didn't sound way better on Priest...Live.
I have Priest...Live and it maybe does sound better. I don't really listen to it anymore. But to me it's just that Defenders Of The Faith was so big when I first got into music that it is unbeatable (for Priest). I find Rob's voice more tolerable studio and musicaly... shivers down my spine the whole way through

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 02-03-2011, 04:37 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

I kind of agree with you on the Priest live thing... I've seen them twice and have never been REAL impressed, but on record they rip my face off and jam it down my throat.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:20 PM

POSITION # : 67

Track Listing

1. Strength Beyond Strength
2. Becoming
3. 5 Minutes Alone
4. Iím Broken
5. Good Friends And A Bottle Of Pills
6. Hard Lines, Sunken Cheeks
7. Slaughtered
8. 25 Years
9. Shedding Skin
10. Use My Third Arm
11. Throes Of Rejection
12. Planet Caravan

I got this pretty much within the first month it was out and I've listened to it everyday in the first few weeks for sure. An album that gives you punches in the face after ripping off your skin after molesting your soul with a baseball bat. Dime riffs and hooks and guitar playing overall is again, simply mindblowing. That does sound fucking Heavy. What a talented guy.

This album was my favourite Pantera record for a long time (well, till 2000 :p ). Pretty much all classics one after the other. It goes in a few different moods along the way but always stay fuckin heavy. Well that's obvious, it's fucking Pantera.

Did they ever play Shedding Skin live ? This has to be the most underrated Pantera song ever. I love this album

R.I.P. Dime

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 02-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
This album was my favourite Pantera record for a long time (well, till 2000 :p ).
Reinventing The Steel isn't my favorite, but I think it's better than people give it credit for. I'm surprised more at how many people don't like it. Hell, even Ultarboris likes it!