Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Gideon -- Toledo, OH -- April 22nd, 2014
Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014
Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014
Ghost -- Lawrence, KS -- April 22nd, 2014

  #31  
Old 12-13-2010, 09:21 AM
The_jman The_jman is offline
things are more than just what you see
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Sorry, I'm not part of the fashionable movement that everyone seems to have joined in the past four years. I really like the new Iron Maiden, and I'm not sure how people exist who like the three that came before it but think the new one sucks.
this. in many ways its similar to the other three, yet each has its own style.
__________________
so close, no matter how far.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-13-2010, 09:48 AM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_streets View Post
i put soilworks new album #1 on my list. i loved every minute of it especially the bonus track 'sweet demise'
I respect the pick and can see why people like this cd. I really like Sweet Demise too but the cd has a real Five Finger Death punch vibe at times to me and that's not a good thing. If it wasn't for that it would be in my Top 10. Still a solid cd and definitely better than Maiden...
__________________
5/2 - Sevendust
5/24 - Dark Angel @ MDF
6/17 - Meshuggah & BTBAM
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch & Janes Addiction
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-13-2010, 10:17 AM
The_jman The_jman is offline
things are more than just what you see
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I respect the pick and can see why people like this cd. I really like Sweet Demise too but the cd has a real Five Finger Death punch vibe at times to me and that's not a good thing. If it wasn't for that it would be in my Top 10. Still a solid cd and definitely better than Maiden...
this is my number 1 album as well. I don't get a ffdp vibe from it... however I like ffdp so maybe I don't see it... maybe a trivium vibe at certain moments. I could give you that one.
but I don't really see the ffdp vibe, unless you mean the singy parts, I don't think there's anything wrong with the clean vocals on this records, or ffdp's either quite frankly.
__________________
so close, no matter how far.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-13-2010, 12:59 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_jman View Post
this is my number 1 album as well. I don't get a ffdp vibe from it... however I like ffdp so maybe I don't see it... maybe a trivium vibe at certain moments. I could give you that one.
but I don't really see the ffdp vibe, unless you mean the singy parts, I don't think there's anything wrong with the clean vocals on this records, or ffdp's either quite frankly.
I prefer their heavier songs and don't have a problem with the clean vocals but they do sound like FFDP at times vocally on songs like Night Comes Clean, Let This River Flow and Sweet Demise. I still like the cd though. I finally got to see them headline a live show and they didn't blow me away like I thought they would. I had seem them open twice and was thinking they would kill it but maybe my expectations were too high. Playing after Death Angel didn't help either. DA brought their A game that night.
__________________
5/2 - Sevendust
5/24 - Dark Angel @ MDF
6/17 - Meshuggah & BTBAM
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch & Janes Addiction
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-13-2010, 01:05 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Sorry, I'm not part of the fashionable movement that everyone seems to have joined in the past four years. I really like the new Iron Maiden, and I'm not sure how people exist who like the three that came before it but think the new one sucks.
It looks like it's way more fashionable to vote Maiden on your Top 10 list even though it doesn't belong and I haven't heard 1 person say it "sucked"

It's just overrated because it's Maiden and 25 people on here have Maiden in their screenname and have to represent. hahahahahahahaha
__________________
5/2 - Sevendust
5/24 - Dark Angel @ MDF
6/17 - Meshuggah & BTBAM
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch & Janes Addiction
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-13-2010, 01:28 PM
The_jman The_jman is offline
things are more than just what you see
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I prefer their heavier songs and don't have a problem with the clean vocals but they do sound like FFDP at times vocally on songs like Night Comes Clean, Let This River Flow and Sweet Demise. I still like the cd though. I finally got to see them headline a live show and they didn't blow me away like I thought they would. I had seem them open twice and was thinking they would kill it but maybe my expectations were too high. Playing after Death Angel didn't help either. DA brought their A game that night.
I still can't see ffdp, his voice is just too different,. but hey.

It is a great record.

I would love to see soilwork play live, although from every indication by youtube, speed's voice live is very hit or miss... he's fantastic on record IMO.
__________________
so close, no matter how far.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-13-2010, 01:42 PM
IrritatedTrout's Avatar
IrritatedTrout IrritatedTrout is offline
Not a number, I'm a free man
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
It looks like it's way more fashionable to vote Maiden on your Top 10 list even though it doesn't belong and I haven't heard 1 person say it "sucked"

It's just overrated because it's Maiden and 25 people on here have Maiden in their screenname and have to represent. hahahahahahahaha
Or because, you know, it really is one of the best albums of this year. Much better than a certain band that made me want to throw up this past September at the Patriot Center.
__________________
5/4 - Rob Zombie
5/11 - Ghost
5/13 - Mastodon / Gojira
5/21 - Primus
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-13-2010, 01:47 PM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Or because, you know, it really is one of the best albums of this year. Much better than a certain band that made me want to throw up this past September at the Patriot Center.
hahahaha. I thought they were incredible that night. To each his own though. I was just bustin' balls.

Maiden is still the most overrated cd of 2010 hands down though. It's the Endgame of 2010... hahahaha
__________________
5/2 - Sevendust
5/24 - Dark Angel @ MDF
6/17 - Meshuggah & BTBAM
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch & Janes Addiction
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-13-2010, 01:53 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,291
You'll all love this one:

19 - Fozzy - Chasing The Grail
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
2/5 The Brew
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-13-2010, 01:55 PM
The_jman The_jman is offline
things are more than just what you see
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
hahahaha. I thought they were incredible that night. To each his own though. I was just bustin' balls.

Maiden is still the most overrated cd of 2010 hands down though. It's the Endgame of 2010... hahahaha
I thought it was good.
__________________
so close, no matter how far.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:55 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008