Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-03-2010, 09:11 AM
N00B

yes, the world is full of clowns, many of whom attend watain rituals...
Old 12-03-2010, 09:13 AM
N00B

BREAKING NEWS: religion is a waste of time
Old 12-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
They are assholes. Their music is pretty neat.
But you seem to have a problem with any over the top black metal stuff, and it's obviously not meant for you. The only problem I have with them is that they kill animals, as far as I'm concerned other than that they can and SHOULD do whatever the fuck they want, including having 'rituals' onstage, throwing blood etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Well, I love Watain's music, so thanks for that.
Look, I don't know shit about their music except that they're apparently on the more interesting end of the black metal spectrum. But at this point, I don't think I could bring myself to care. If they kill animals and display the carcasses for show, they're assholes. And if it's not just for show -- if it's because they truly believe in their hearts that killing small defenseless things for the hell of it is truly right, then fuck them even more.

I mean, this has a bearing on their art. If they make up nifty riffs or whatever, but it's all in the service of some bullshit "evil" trip that includes actually causing pain and death, then I can't get behind any part of the music. I can't say "well, they're assholes, but it sure sounds good." It's the same deal I have with Eminem, in a way -- sure he's smart as hell, sure his rhymes are tight, but he uses them to spit misogynist homophobic shit, so fuck him. I don't want any part of it.

As for "black metal stuff" in general, mostly I think it's just fucking silly. You're right, it's not for me. All the corpse paint and medieval weaponry and grimness and Black Speech of Mordor and ritual satanism -- it just makes me laugh, but to each his own.

As for the musical genre itself, whatever. I've never heard any I liked much, but I've actually been trying to give some of it another shot -- checking out Ludicra and Alcest, for instance, and the Gin album from last year, since people seem to think these are so great. It sure seems like most of the emerging, interesting bands have more going on, in their lyrics and attitude, than this ridiculous satanic posturing.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:41 AM
N00B

COOL GUY ALERT
Old 12-03-2010, 07:50 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltongsmith View Post
i took a few pics and have been told they were pretty good

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php...7&id=706590813
See, your advantage was that you were right in front of the middle of the stage I got more of the cool background lighting in mine, with their dark figures illuminated against it, but rarely was I able to shoot their actual faces.

I like those a lot, though. Good job.

Also, did you meet Ben from Goatwhore? I was looking for him at the merch table after the show but I couldn't find him. Shame, I wanted to chat with him and maybe get a pic. I'm sure he would've remembered me, as I was screaming the words the whole time, and would've given me a high-five

Last edited by larvtard; 12-03-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:54 PM
::Metal Nerd::

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
See, your advantage was that you were right in front of the middle of the stage I got more of the cool background lighting in mine, with their dark figures illuminated against it, but rarely was I able to shoot their actual faces.

I like those a lot, though. Good job.

Also, did you meet Ben from Goatwhore? I was looking for him at the merch table after the show but I couldn't find him. Shame, I wanted to chat with him and maybe get a pic. I'm sure he would've remembered me, as I was screaming the words the whole time, and would've given me a high-five
thanks. yeh i am always up and in there face when i got to shows and take pics.
no Ben was nowhere to be found all night. i did find Sammy but Ben was absent all night and i was also looking for a picture. Sammy did say they were starting to get ready for their new cd as soon as this tour is done
11/15 Priest Cover Band
11/21 Slipknot
11/22 Slayer
11/29 Cannabis Corpse

Last edited by coltongsmith; 12-03-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:13 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xivienne View Post
This thread is goddamn comical. Waaaaaa the smell, boohooo the poor animals, oh no a random faggot decided to interrupt their set and get his ass handed to him waaaaaaaaaaaaaa, why would they do that?! Hahaha what a bunch of fucking pussies.
I feel like the moderate Republicans who feel awkward when the Tea Party does something ridiculous. Please, let those of us who don't call people "faggots" and "pussies" defend Watain and kindly stop talking.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguytoo9 View Post
Im suprised they could have carcass's on stage. Now if only Jeff Walker and Bill Steer had done that.. hm?
Both of them are Vegans. Of course they aren't going to hang carcasses at a Carcass show.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:35 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
Both of them are Vegans. Of course they aren't going to hang carcasses at a Carcass show.
Word.

And Xivienne, you're not helping Watain's cause.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Sworn

This thread is pretty amusing. I'm not quite sure what all the arguing is about. Watain present something that is at the other side of the spectrum spiritually/ideologically than what some of you believe? You don't support the killing of animals or the use of blood at their shows? They beat up some idiot who got in their way at a show? I'm not a certified genius or anything, but I think the conclusion is that, if you don't like or support the band, either don't buy their albums or don't go to their shows. Seems pretty simple to me, but, hey, what do I know, right?

Tags
black anvil, goatwhore, watain