Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ghost -- Toronto, ON -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13, 2014
The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014
Unearth -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 12-11-2010, 07:42 AM
Metallifan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Yeah, I know...it was funny. But this other dude didn't get it, so I let him in on the joke.
Thats a good one! Is there a pic of that flyer somewhere?
Old 12-11-2010, 10:57 AM
That Guy

Hmm Steve Lombardo, interesting choice.

Wasn't he on the Slayer album that had Death Angel, Blood Rain, and Guy Who Has Sex with Dead Things?
Old 12-11-2010, 11:10 AM
The time has come for all to see the men behind the curtain cast into disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Hmm Steve Lombardo, interesting choice.

Wasn't he on the Slayer album that had Death Angel, Blood Rain, and Guy Who Has Sex with Dead Things?
Don't you mean "Guy Who is Scared of Death?"
Old 12-11-2010, 11:32 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Don't you mean "Guy Who is Scared of Death?"
One would think, but I wanted to end on a funnier name for a different song.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:55 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Portnoy View Post

Just for the record, this is indeed true..

Fairly recently, I reached out to the guys to try and make amends and offered to reconcile for the sake of having peace back in our lives...(plus I know how much it meant to alot of the fans...)

I figured it was still possible to try and save us because they hadn't made any announcements yet or begun any public activity with another drummer...but sadly, they declined my offer (well, actually their lawyer did...they didn't even tell me themselves....)

Sorry gang, I honestly gave it my all...
So now the fans on my twitter and facebook can please stop asking me to go back to DT...I tried, and the door is now shut...the ball is now in their court, not mine...

PS - I'm not crying or looking for mercy by posting this...I am merely trying to set the record straight as that is always the most important thing about my relationship with you guys...no BS, no spins, nothing to hide...and for better or for worse, I tell it like it is...

I've also recently seen some people accuse my online activity of "looking for attention or media coverage" or "looking for sympathy", but it's honestly none of the above...I merely value having an open and active communication with my fans...always have, always will...it is the cornerstone of everything I've done since day #1 with DT....

This was posted here FOR YOU GUYS to know about...here on MY message board on MY website....if it ends up on Blabbermouth or wherever else, that is THEIR choice to spread, I did not request it or send out a "press release"....

Anyways, onward and upward...
I've got alot of great music and ideas waiting to come out of me and alot of exciting collaborations in the works....so goodbye 2010...bring on 2011!

MP
Well at least you can't say he didn't try coming back.

Last edited by MPF; 12-20-2010 at 01:57 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:16 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Well at least you can't say he didn't try coming back.
True. I don't blame anyone in the band for not speaking directly to him and for not going for any reconciliation yet. Portnoy is the one that screwed Dream Theater over and left them hanging and they own him absolutely nothing right now.

Now that Portnoy has gotton his cheesy arena rock fix with A7X he wants back in Dream Theater now. Well, the guys are doing the right thing by not leting him back in and giving him time to think about what he did to them when he made that decision.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:46 AM
N00B

I used to have no real opinion on Portnoy, because I have no real opinion on Dream Theater - but man, what a little bitch this guy is.
5/23 MDF
7/20 QOTSA
7/30 NINSG
Old 12-20-2010, 08:20 AM
I can't stop thinking big

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
True. I don't blame anyone in the band for not speaking directly to him and for not going for any reconciliation yet. Portnoy is the one that screwed Dream Theater over and left them hanging and they own him absolutely nothing right now.

Now that Portnoy has gotton his cheesy arena rock fix with A7X he wants back in Dream Theater now. Well, the guys are doing the right thing by not leting him back in and giving him time to think about what he did to them when he made that decision.
I don't think either side was in the right with what happened. The other four didn't exactly want to compromise either. It was Portnoy's band, after all.
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 12-20-2010, 10:04 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyekantspele View Post
Thats a good one! Is there a pic of that flyer somewhere?
The flier is posted on Blabbermouth.Net but I think they took it off since the show they were advertising was for December 19th which was yesterday(which was actually at a venue 10 minutes away from my pad)

I posted the flier on another thread but here it is since you were curious about what it looks like

5/11 - Saint Vitus
Old 12-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Rats off to ya

Mike Portnoy Fails At Life

Ex-DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy has revealed that he made a recent attempt to rejoin his former bandmates but was rebuffed by the group he formed and led for 25 years. Writing on his official forum, Portnoy states, "Just for the record, this is indeed true..

"Fairly recently, I reached out to the guys to try and make amends and offered to reconcile for the sake of having peace back in our lives… (plus I know how much it meant to a lot of the fans…)

"I figured it was still possible to try and save us, because they hadn't made any announcements yet or begun any public activity with another drummer… but sadly, they declined my offer (well, actually their lawyer did… they didn't even tell me themselves….)

"Sorry, gang, I honestly gave it my all…

"So now the fans on my Twitter and Facebook can please stop asking me to go back to DREAM THEATER… I tried, and the door is now shut… The ball is now in their court, not mine…

"I'm not crying or looking for mercy by posting this… I am merely trying to set the record straight as that is always the most important thing about my relationship with you guys… No BS, no spins, nothing to hide… and for better or for worse, I tell it like it is… I've also recently seen some people accuse my online activity of 'looking for attention or media coverage,' or 'looking for sympathy,' but it's honestly none of the above… I merely value having an open and active communication with my fans… Always have, always will… It is the cornerstone of everything I've done since day #1 with DREAM THEATER…

"This was posted here FOR YOU GUYS to know about... here on MY message board on MY website... If it ends up on Blabbermouth or wherever else, that is THEIR choice to spread, I did not request it or send out a 'press release'...

"Anyways, onward and upward...

"I've got a lot of great music and ideas waiting to come out of me and alot of exciting collaborations in the works....so goodbye 2010

SAUCE