Masked Intruder -- Kansas City, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Machine Head -- Springfield, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Downset -- Albany, NY -- July 24th, 2014
Megadeth -- Tolmin, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014

Old 11-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Idk, the idea of BLS on Mayhem just seems odd to me, mainly because of the Ozzy connection.
There really is no connection. Gus G is Ozzy's guitarist and BLS has to move out of the Ozzy shadow sometime. Mayhem is the perfect way to do it.

What I am starting to see is that Mayhem is turning into Ozzfest part 2. So far they have had Slipknot, Machine Head, Mastodon, Disturbed, Slayer, Manson, Behemoth, Walls of Jericho, Killswitch Engage, Hatebreed, Lamb of God, Rob Zomibe, Korn, Shadows Fall, God Forbid, etc on their Festival. It's really like Ozzfest without Ozzy. I would be shocked if these years festival didn't have at least bands who have previously played on Ozzfest.

The only thing I do not want to see is the same main stage bands again. I hope they choose Godsmack or Deftones in place of Disturbed or Manson again...
Old 11-29-2010, 02:19 PM
N00B

I really do not want BLS or Cradle of Filth on this festival. Do not like either bands.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbaird3491 View Post
I really do not want BLS or Cradle of Filth on this festival. Do not like either bands.
I'm not a huge fan, but some black metal would be fun, and the only black metal bands that would come within a mile of this are CoF and Dimmu Borgir who are kind of boring live.
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 11-29-2010, 02:27 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I'm not a huge fan, but some black metal would be fun, and the only black metal bands that would come within a mile of this are CoF and Dimmu Borgir who are kind of boring live.
Dimmu's recent performance here in MN. was their best show EVER! However, they were a bit boring the last 2 times I saw them.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:34 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
There really is no connection. Gus G is Ozzy's guitarist and BLS has to move out of the Ozzy shadow sometime. Mayhem is the perfect way to do it.
Well it's just the fact that Zakk was Ozzy's guitar player and the fact that BLS were on half of Ozzfest's multiple incarnations including this years. Considering Zakk always talks about Ozzy like he's his father it just seems like a betrayal of sorts if BLS did Ozzfest's competiton. Not that I really care, it just seemed a little strange to me.

By the way, is there any word on Ozzfest '11?
Old 11-29-2010, 02:42 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post

I like some black metal. I'd much rather have Dimmu over CoF.

Actually, I'd rather have Behemoth over any other black metal band.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:45 PM

i could see Dimmu Borgir or Cradle of Filth playing this, those are the only black metal bands that even have a chance of playing this festival.

i still have hopes for Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, and/or DevilDriver playing this. all of them have albums coming out next year. i could see Unearth playing this too, i'm pretty sure they have an album coming out next year also. for the uprising deathcore band they always put on, i could see Born of Osiris playing. they have a new album coming out next year also.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 11-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Well it's just the fact that Zakk was Ozzy's guitar player and the fact that BLS were on half of Ozzfest's multiple incarnations including this years. Considering Zakk always talks about Ozzy like he's his father it just seems like a betrayal of sorts if BLS did Ozzfest's competiton. Not that I really care, it just seemed a little strange to me.

By the way, is there any word on Ozzfest '11?
My source is friends with the BLS camp and has always been on the mark about BLS related info. I have not asked him about Ozzfest, but it should not hinder BLS from playing Mayhem. Ozzfest is probably not going to happen or if it does it will be in late August after Mayhem is over with. There will be no direct competition. With BLS asking for Mayhem, it sounds like to me that Ozzfest is not gonna happen.

As for CoF, I would prefer Dimmu if they have a black metal band other than Skeletonwitch.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbaird3491 View Post
I like some black metal. I'd much rather have Dimmu over CoF.

Actually, I'd rather have Behemoth over any other black metal band.
Oh, well totes. A Behemoth tour of any sort, supporting or headlining, here, or anywhere else, would be fucking amazing.
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 11-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Hoping that the transplant is successful.