Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-19-2010, 08:56 PM
brotuhl

Cannibal Corpse -- New York, NY -- November 19th, 2010

What a show. I was actually the only one out of my friends that was able to go. I'm pretty sure I bought the last ticket. 2 minutes after I bought mine, the show sold out.

But anyway... I got there a bit late. I missed Devourment, but I wasn't too depressed about it. I think they're a solid death metal band with solid music, but I don't know enough of them to consider myself a fan. Besides, I saw them about a month or so ago when they opened for Cattle Decapitation at the Crazy Donkey.

I actually got there right when Vital Remains started playing Dechristianize. Again, I wasn't too disappointed. I've seen Vital a bunch of times and their set NEVER changes. I saw them about a year ago on a headlining run. They played about 8 or 9 songs, all of which were from Icons and Dechristianize. I'm waiting for the new record before I get excited about seeing them, again.

VITAL REMAINS (according to KvltOvPersonality)

Where Is Your God Now/Icons Of Evil
Devoured Elisyum
Hammer Down The Nails
Let The Killing Begin/Dechristianize

Dying Fetus are one of my favorite bands out there, today. They still manage to put out brutal records, even after the loss of Netherton (in my opinion.) Highlights of their set was Eviscerated Offspring and Grotesque Impalement. I actually got to talk to John Gallagher after the show. He's a really approachable guy. They were all down stairs by the merch. I went down there to buy a shirt from them before I left the venue during the last couple Corpse songs.

DYING FETUS

Praise the Lord (Opium of the Masses)
Your Treachery Will Die With You
Eviscerated Offspring
Raped on the Altar
Homicidal Retribution
One Shot One Kill
Killing on Adrenaline
Grotesque Impalement
Kill Your Mother/Rape Your Dog

This was my 3rd time seeing Cannibal Corpse. They're a heavy band, arguably one of the greatest death metal bands of all time, but after a while, their shows just feel like the same thing, over and over again. I love their catalogue, but I've seen this same set enough. The last tour was pretty cool. They threw Splattered Brains, Scattered Remains in there, but in all honesty, I'm not missing much by walking out around the end of Skull Full of Maggots. Those last 3 songs are great, but, for some reason (not even because of the Corpsegrinder/Barnes argument), for me, they do not sound as good as the record when they play them live. At least after seeing them as the staple for the closing songs of their set for however many years they've been doing that. So, I left during Skull Full of Maggots because I had somewhere else to be that night. Big deal. Highlights for me, however, were Savage Butchery, Sentenced to Burn, and Shatter Their Bones.

On top of all of this, though, they played very well. I was standing right next to Pat O'Brien throughout their entire set. I watched about 5 different people walk over his pedals as he was going for them. Their was one guy who actually fell into Alex Webster, once during Unleashing, and another time during Sentenced to Burn. This other guy got up on stage, right after Fisher just finished promising the crowd he would kill anybody who came on stage and started acting like a fool, and started acting like a fool. He even went for the microphone, but when George shook his head and snatched it back out of his hands, the guy got a little frustrated. I saw him mouth the words "what the fuck, man?" before being launched back in the crowd by one of the stage hands.

CANNIBAL CORPSE

Scalding Hail
Unleashing the Bloodthirsty
Savage Butchery
Sentenced to Burn
Wretched Spawn
I Will Kill You
I Cum Blood
Gutted
Evisceration Plague
Time to Kill is Now
Death Walking Terror
Shatter Their Bones
Make Them Suffer
Priests of Sodom
Staring Through the Eyes of the Dead
Devoured by Vermin
Skull Full of Maggots
Hammer Smashed Face
Stripped Raped and Strangled

Last edited by Polock91; 11-20-2010 at 08:36 PM. Reason: adding review
Old 11-19-2010, 10:21 PM
Bobb O)))

10/4-Melvins
Old 11-20-2010, 05:06 AM
N00B

Definitely upset I had to miss this due to work, but I'll make sure I enjoy Blind Guardian even more tonight
Old 11-20-2010, 05:27 AM
welp

But Blind Guardian might make me a bit happier.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:33 AM
Sad Wings Of Destiny

Well... at least they didn't do Pounded Into Dust...
Old 11-20-2010, 10:16 AM
N00B

Anyone have the Devourment setlist?

Here is the Vital Remains set

Where Is Your God Now/Icons Of Evil
Devoured Elisyum
Hammer Down The Nails
Let The Killing Begin/Dechristianize

Same as Summer Slaughter I think.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:37 PM
N00B

Here's the actual setlist

CANNIBAL CORPSE at Santos Party House, Lower Manhattan, NYC
(same as before minus pounded into dust)

Scalding Hail
*** Unleashing the Bloodthirsty
Savage Butchery
Sentenced to Burn
Wretched Spawn
I Will Kill You
I Cum Blood
***(Pounded into dust, was dropped)
Gutted
Evisceration Plague
Time to Kill is Now
Death Walking Terror
Shatter Their Bones
Make Them Suffer
Priests of Sodom
Staring Through the Eyes of the Dead
Devoured by Vermin
Skull Full of Maggots
***Hammer Smashed Face
***Stripped Raped and Strangled

FYI, Leaving during Maggots is weak,...dude.
Can't imagine what was more important at 11:20 last night.

The place was sold out, packed to the walls, a major pain just to get to the bar. and NO stage barrier. Folks were diving right off the stage, next to the band! And those that took too long, and posed too much up there, were first warned by corpsegrinder. Then the same douchebag, got right back up there, next song, and roadies sent him flying! I did manage to get pretty close by the end. Another fucking brutal C.C. show!

After seeing them at many other places, I can only figure that the reason they played this (undersized venue for them) was bottom dollar reasons. Sell it out, cheaper venue, more profit. Times square, MUCH more expensive venue, NOT sold out, not much profit. and C.C. is entitled as they are on the road ALL the fucking time, bring the brutality to you! I hope Chris Barnes is reading this. Where the fuck have you been for 3 years dude!!! You have to tour all the time, and maybe (OMG) be second on a bill and play to more people. So put down the bong and get the FUCK on the road! in the USA!!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 10:54 PM
You think you can destroy me you better think again

FUCK!! why coundnt this tour come to Canada I fuckin wanted to see this show bad with 3 amazing death metal bands playin one show FUCK

Tags
cannibal corpse, dying fetus, vital remains