Warrior -- San Marcos, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014

Old 11-17-2010, 11:40 PM
N00B

Wintersun News Update

Hi everyone! Itīs been a while.

Iīve been working very hard with the synths&orchestrations and I can finally say that Iīm feeling very positive about finishing this long and gruesome task by christmas. So hopefully around the end of December I can finally start mixing the album. I still have a few vocal parts unfinished, but I will be singing them meanwhile Iīm mixing.

The only problem about the mixing is that my current computer gear simply cannot handle these insanely huge projects. And the other problem is that I have no money for new gear. So we have discussed about this problem with our label&management and they have agreed to help us with an advance to buy new and more powerful computer gear, but only if we agree to play a few shows and show people that Wintersun is still alive. So after carefully weighting all the different possibilies, we think we need to play these shows to help the completion of the album.

The shows will be for now:

Metalfest (3 shows)
Metalcamp (1 show)

Thereīs lot of work and preparation to do for these shows, īcause we have to update our live gear as well, sort out technical difficulties and of course rehearse the songs. This will most likely affect negatively with the mixing schedule, so I canīt give any predictions with that yet. I also need to try out the new computer gear first and see how it handles these projects. The software is still not 64-bit, so the "infamous 4GB RAM limit" might also be a problem with the mixing, since these projects already eat about 3GB without any plugins. But I will do my best to overcome this challenge the fastest way I can.

And no worries, these shows will definitely not be cancelled. So we are looking forward to you guys, see you at the gigs! Who knows, we might even play a one new riff... I mean a song!

Jari, Kai, Teemu & Jukkis

Old 11-18-2010, 12:28 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

ETA on new album is still forever away, so it seems. Been waiting for Time since.... what 5 years ago? Oh well, I'm sure it will be great when it comes out, especially with how perfectionist it seems Jari's being.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:16 AM
Wrath!

You know... I was terrified to open this thread. I was going to cry myself back to sleep if there was more negative news/delays. Glad to hear everything is going alright, sounds like he's had a hellish time with the whole process. STILL looking forward to it!