Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 05-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Life Is My Own To Live My Own Way

COOL

Agalloch-talked with the frontman and the guitar player and they were both really great dudes. They really loved what they were doing and greatly appreciated thier fans and took as much time as they could talking and what not to them.

Phil Labonte- talked with him when i saw em on the In Flames tour in 08, pretty cool

Bill Robinson- had many conversations with him, awesome guy very down to earth

Immolation- talked to Steve and Ross, full of smiles and all that havin a good time

John McEntee- really chilled out, talked to him for a short bit when they toured "Onward To Golgotha"

Vital Remains- honestly the coolest band I've ever met. The first time i saw em at Chicago Deathfest i was talking to Tony for a while, right when i walked in i went up and bought a shirt and sparked up a conversation (The Faceless's booth was gettin all the attention), he was really fun to talk to and he dug the fact that me (a skinny little 15 year old kid at the time) dug there music. Not to mention they blew me away with there performance that night. Then i saw them again on the Pestilence tour and i once again talked with Tony who recognized me and got to meet Scott and Gator, all genuinly happy to be there and were all having a great time. The last time was at Summer Slaughter, me and my friends literally chilled with the whole band except John for 3 or 4 bands, just talking about anything whatsoever, trying to convince the drummer to learn thier old songs, gettin tips on how to play blast beats, lightly making fun of the shitty music that was playing in the next room (Carnifex..........) and all that good stuff. They invited us to chill with em afterwards which i regret not doing but me being 16 i had to get my ass home

3 Inches of Blood- talked to them at there merch booth on Ozzfest

Destroyer 666- talked to thier frontman and one other dude when i saw them on the Enthroned tour, both a tad drunk but cool none the less

DICKS
none that i can think of at the moment, although i saw As I Lay Dying and Blessthefall opened up........right when they went on i put up my middle finger and the guirist ran out and flippped me off and throughout there whole set i was yelling YOU GUYS SUCK DICK and they were getting very very peeved........but i suppose I was being the dick there hahaha
8/23-Exodus, Malevolent Creation
8/25-Enthroned
10/22-Immolation, Vader
11/8-Nile
Old 05-11-2011, 12:31 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Was hanging out with Blackguard in the bar last time they were here in Seattle. Lets just say... they like Asian girls. Creeping on my friends lady all night >_<

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 05-12-2011, 11:34 PM
N00B

Ol from Evile was really, really cool. We talked briefly in November 2010 about their set and how they were one of the reasons I went to the show. I also asked him if they were going to record soon and we talked a bit about that and the last time that I saw them.

Their drummer (Ben?) was really cool. Like Ol, they both seemed really grateful that someone dug them instead of just worshipping Forbidden and Overkill. He remembered the NY show I saw them at and we talked about the attempted terrorist attack on Times Square that happened.

Bobby Blitz from Overkill was cool. I feel like I annoyed him because my camera kept on failing and it took forever to get a picture with him, and a lot of others were waiting to do it. Nonetheless, we were talking about Ironbound and such beforehand.

Derek Tailer from Overkill was nice but kind of obnoxious- not in a mean way, but he was really loud and such. Cool guy though.

Heathen's Kragen Lum was plenty grateful when I told him his set was awesome. I didn't stay for too long but he was always smiling with fans and taking pictures with them, even thanking kids for buying shirts. I wish I'd talked to him but he was talking to this older man, who I thought was his dad based on their conversation, and I didn't want to interrupt. I just shook his hand and told him their set was awesome.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:13 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namaste View Post
Nice

Dick

Tim Lambesis of As I Lay Dying
really? I met him last year he was one of the coolest guys I met. what did he do?
Old 07-16-2011, 05:24 PM
How're yeh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2metal View Post
really? I met him last year he was one of the coolest guys I met. what did he do?
he probably told him unless he found Christ he'd rot for all eternity.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Buahahahahaha

Arthur Von Nagel of Cormorant: Super chill dude. Really relaxed and awesome to talk to.

Red Fang: I met them at the signing at Mayhem Fest and they were all really nice and greatful. I went back later to buy a shirt and talked to the drummer for a bit. Super nice guy.

Unearth: Same deal, I met the band as a whole at their signing at the Mayhem Fest. I didn't really talk to any of 'em one-on-one, but from what I gathered they were all really chill dudes.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:23 PM
The <_> Badge of Honor

Based solely off of personal experience, not what I've heard.

Cool
Anders Friden (In Flames)
Terrance Hobbs (Suffocation)
Jamey Jasta (Hatebreed/Kingdom of Sorrow)
Kirk Windstein (Kingdom of Sorrow)
Twiggy Ramirez (Marilyn Manson)
Andy Gerold (Marilyn Manson)
Ginger Fish (Marilyn Manson)
Adam Dutkiewicz (Killswitch Engage/Times of Grace)
Francesco Artusato (All Shall Perish)
Mike Tiner (All Shall Perish)
Ben Orum (All Shall Perish)
Dave Davidson (Revocation)
Oderus Urungus (GWAR)
Jerms Genske (Dirge Within)
Shaun Glass (Dirge Within/SOiL)
Alex Shelnutt (A Day To Remember)
Bill Robinson (Decrepit Birth)
Stitch (Mushroomhead)
Jonny Davy (Job For A Cowboy)
Chad Gray (Mudvayne/Hellyeah)
Craig Mabbit (Escape The Fate)
Johnny Santos (Spineshank)
Lee Foral (After The Burial)

Everyone in Thrice

Everyone in Cattle Decapitation

Everyone In Blessthefall

Everyone in All That Remains, especially Jeanne, who keeps remembering me whenever I meet them and is incredibly nice and down to earth.

Everyone in Winds Of Plague, who know me by name at this point.

Borderline
David Draimen (Disturbed)
Dan Donegan (Disturbed)

Dicks
Chris Vrenna (Marilyn Manson/Nine Inch Nails)
Job For A Cowboy's ex-bassist or guitarist. One of the two, but I can't remember his name. Guy is a complete asshole.
6/28 - Warped Tour
6/30 - Puscifer
Old 07-16-2011, 07:48 PM
N00B

awesome people
Demon Hunter (got all them to sign my booklet)

30 Seconds to mars
I caught them on a bad day but they were cool enough to sign my booklet I gave it to my mom as a birthday present. this was without VIP)

As I lay Dying
I got to meet 3 of the members all were really cool people.

the Birthday Massacre
I never really heard anything by them before but they were awesome!!!
Chibi has to been one of the nicest musicians I ever met I got a pic with her and the 1st pic was horrible she said we could retake it and again it was terrible then Falconer came by took the camera and took the picture it came out much better. I stood there for 10 minutes talking to Chibi.

Brian Head Welch
I was volunteer staff for the concert and I got his autograph twice one was for a friend.

dicks

Killswitch engage
they wouldn't come out after the concert and made security tell people to piss off

Blessthefall
I hate this band and their fans with a passion
the guitarist was a total douch yelling for people to buy their CD and came by me and started yelling. I said to his face "Its not even worth it" it was 2 Cds for $5

there are a few more but I am to damn lazy.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:04 PM
N00B

Cool
Winds of Plague - all
August Burns Red - all
Enter Shikari - all
Old 07-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Cool As Hell:
Nicko McBrain
Chris Broderick
Shawn Drover
James LaMenzo
Karl Sanders
All of Blackguard
All of Cannibal Corpse
All of Sevendust
Ken Susi (Unearth, hate the band, but nice guy)
All of Turisas
Singer and Bassist of Sabaton

Not as Nice as They Could Have Been
Dave Mustaine
Bruce Dickinson
All of Trivium (maybe because I called out their drummer on being a poser for what he said to me*)
Ray Toro (he was rushed though)

*I met them at Mayhem Fest when they played before this time, and I was wearing my Somewhere Back in Time tour shirt for the Florida show. The drummer noticed it and said "Wow! I was at that show too! I'm such a huge fan and it was awesome to heard so many classics, but I do think it was lame not to play newer songs." Upon hearing this I snapped back with "Well if you really were a huge fan you would know they were only playing classics." That was that, also I have seen Corey Beaulieu at a few shows, and he is a major douche.