Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 11-17-2010, 06:02 AM
In Search of Truth

Favorites:
-Bob Katsionis (Firewind)
-Zak Stevens (Savatage, Circle II Circle)
-Jeff Plate (Savatage, TSO)
-Dave Meniketti (Y&T)
-Alex Beyrodt (Silent Force, Primal Fear)
-Joe Lynn Turner (Rainbow, Yngwie, solo)
-Bobby Jarzombek (Riot, Halford, etc)
-Manticora (some of the coolest and friendliest people I've ever met, especially Lars. Hanging out with them for 2 days was a blast)
-Biff Byford (Saxon)

Least Favorites/"Dicks":
-Al Pitrelli (Savatage, TSO) - seriously, what an ass hole. I've heard he's not always bad and I caught him on a bad day or something - but still, there was no excuse for how shitty he acted.
-Mat Sinner (Primal Fear, Sinner) - not terrible, but just kinda has this subtle "you're wasting my time" attitude about him.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
Awesome:

Assholes:
Robert Deathrage (Meatshits)
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh thanks for the warning,and u lucky bastard u met Biafra!
10/31-King Diamond
Old 11-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post

Least Favorites/"Dicks":
-Al Pitrelli (Savatage, TSO) - seriously, what an ass hole. I've heard he's not always bad and I caught him on a bad day or something - but still, there was no excuse for how shitty he acted.
He signed my program after a TSO show and seemed pretty nice.

I haven't met very many people, but none of them were dicks.

Agent M (Tsunami Bomb)- Very sweet, and gorgeous in person.
Tom Gabel, Warren Oakes, and Andrew Seward (Against Me!)- All very nice, especially Tom, who was genuinely grateful to talk to fans. Andrew's a great guy; I spoke to him all three times I've seen them and he was always great.
Todd Kowalski (Propagandhi)- Very friendly

I'm EXTREMELY jealous of the people who've met Jello Biafra and Mike Watt.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Metal DJ

Here's two more I forgot:

Nice:
Bobby Liebling (Pentagram) - Talked to him on a sidewalk in Baltimore for like 20 mins. VERY NICE GUY!!!!

Dick:
Rob Dukes (Exodus) - Stuck up prick!!!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Rats off to ya

Cool:
Rob Dukes (Exodus)- He was pretty nice when I met him.
Jim LaMarca (Chimaira)- Hung out and talked for a good 10 minutes.
Chris Clancy & Andrew Jacobs (Mutiny Within)- I've talked to these guys several times. The other guys in the band are pretty antisocial though.
Jim Florentine & Don Jamieson (That Metal Show)- Their not musicians but I thought I'd mention this anyway.
CorpseGrinder (Cannibal Corpse)- He acts like he's just part of the crowd and is always willing to talk to fans.

Dicks:
Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)- Wouldn't personalize books or take pictures.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Unhealer

I've never really run into any complete jerks yet - I'm quiet by nature, so I'm not really offended when band members are reclusive. I hope it stays that way.

The coolest, though? Hmm...

- I agree with JuuKun in that Marco Hietala was ridiculously nice and very sociable - he was mingling with people everywhere at the bar, and when I asked him to sign a Tarot shirt for a friend, he asked if he could use my back/shoulder as something to write on.
- The Oceans of Sadness dudes were awesome to hang out with (especially Tijs and Guy), and I got them to autograph my shoe with no protest. They were quite inebriated.
- Bill from Illusion Suite was really nice, but I also had no idea that he was even in a band (as opposed to Random Dude at ProgPower from Norway) until I saw him walk on-stage, so that was... interesting.
- Also, Isaac Delahaye from Epica wins Ultimate Respect Points for taking a a photo of us with his cell phone in what must've been 10-degree weather in January. And then teaching me how to use Bluetooth on my cell phone so I could get the pic from him. HE WAS SO PATIENT.
- And as much as people rag on Blackguard, they're always accessible and super-nice!
Old 11-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodcurse View Post
Dick:
Rob Dukes (Exodus) - Stuck up prick!!!!!
Really? He was very kind to me when I met him, and I just guessed that his on stage douchebagness was just an act. Surprised at that.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:16 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

So many to remember:

I've luckily never ran acrossed anybody that was a dick at all and that is very good thing b/c that would kill it for me and enjoying a band.

Elias Soriano (Nonpoint) - Met him twice. Very cool, 2nd time I introduced myself and I went to high school w/ a guy that did merch from them and then he was even cooler after that. Very nice guy

Andrew WK - Still the NICEST guy I have ever met in my life, maybe not even just bands but in life. Waited in line for him at Warped 7 years ago and when he signed my program he signed like a paragraph. And before I got up in line he stopped and thanked everyone for waiting and that he wouldn't leave and would follow people into the parking lot unti everything was signed. Just the nicest guy.

Morgan (Kittie) - Met her before a show like 8 years ago and didn't know what she would be like but she was super nice.

Scott (Terror) - Was a very nice guy as well, I waited around outside and waited for him to get off his cell phone and he was nice enough to get a picture w/ me. (Not a stalker I promise)

Marc Rizzo - Got to catch him on a solo tour and he was very personable and got a picture w/ him

Bobby Burns - Met him several times and also real nice and got complemented on my Helmet shirt and during a Primer 55 show a few years ago I think he asked while on stage if anybody wanted any gum and I had my hands up like a jackass and got a pack of gum from him. Beats the hell out of a guitar pic right!!!!

Barney & Shane (Napalm Death) - Barney was just hanging out near merch area and I got a picture w/ him and he was very nice and polite. Also got a pic w/ Shane after their set and signed my setlist as well.

Everybody in Divine Heresy minus Dino b/c I didn't get to meet him but after I bought their cd Travis was telling people to go sign the cd after I bought it which I thought was pretty nice.

During Anvil's set @ Rocklahoma 2 years ago some guy was going around saying Overkill was signing and I hauled ass over there and they were all super cool.

During Uproar this year I met Halestorm for my girlfriend since she wasn't able to and even though they aren't necessarily my type of music they were all very super nice. Probably some of the nicer people I've met in bands.

And my most star struck moment was getting to meet Page from Helmet at Warped Tour a few years ago. Only time I have ever really been nervous and worried about saying something stupid but he was super cool. And when they played he recognized me right up against the gate and got a pic as well.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Catch The Rainbow

Cool:

Sammy Hagar

Tommy Shaw

Phil Collen

Joe Elliot

Vivian Campbell

Rick Savage

Rick Allen

Matthias Jabs

Rudolf Schenker

Klaus Meine
Old 11-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

ive met actor Tony trejo once,really nice guy and he thanked me for stuff,idk real badass
10/31-King Diamond