Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 06-18-2014, 07:12 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Nice! I know we've met, but I forgot what band you were in (oh wait, maybe I am confusing you with a different North Westerner on here... not many of us on here lol)
Hmm I believe we met/played a show together at The Highline a year or two ago..? could be wrong lol. Eitherway we did meet at some point, I play guitar in The Devils of Loudun.

Add to the list nice dudes: the drummer of Havok - somehow my band mates lured him into our practice room to smoke weed but he just ended up indulging me with tour stories from Japan and their insane Central/South American tour for about an hour. Super nice humble dude, and an amazing drummer. Story Highlights: a Colombian fan trying to walk off with his ride cymbal saying it was the end of the tour and he wouldn't need it anyway lol.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:54 PM
Resident Slamologist.

Ethan from Clinging to the Trees of a Forest Fire/Primitive Man is an awesome, totally humble dude. It's kind of funny, alot of the time people in the harshest most negative bands tend to be the coolest.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:26 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicBomb View Post
Ethan from Clinging to the Trees of a Forest Fire/Primitive Man is an awesome, totally humble dude. It's kind of funny, alot of the time people in the harshest most negative bands tend to be the coolest.
Yeah, everyone from Clinging to the Trees of a Forest Fire is chill as fuck.
11/14 Decapitated
11/15 Eyehategod ?
11/21 Foxy Shazam ?
12/6 Helstar
Old 06-21-2014, 08:20 PM
slave to the grind

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicBomb View Post
Ethan is a rad dude. Funny story about how I met him. A few years back I'm at the entrance to MDF, 2008 I believe. This girl walks up to me and asks if she can take my picture. I ask why, and she says because she has a friend back in Denver who looks exactly like me and she wants to send my pic to him. A few months later, my old band Sunyata is on a bill in Tucson with Unholy Grave and Magrudergrind. A band called Death of Self jumps on the bill at the last minute. After the show, I'm approached by this big dude with dreadlocks who played bass in that band, and who happens to be wearing the same Rotten Sound shirt as me. He tells me that he was the guy who was sent my pic at MDF. We wound up hanging out and taking pictures the rest of the night. I see that dude every time my band hits Denver, and every time one of his bands comes here. Great, great dude.
11/1-Gatecreeper
11/3-King Diamond
Old 06-22-2014, 03:01 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

I noticed Wino and Dave Sherman from Spirit Caravan hanging out in the crowd for Unida last night, chatting and signing with anyone and everyone. Very cool guys.

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest
Old 06-22-2014, 08:14 AM
I've seen some things, man. And some stuff. I wouldn't recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
I noticed Wino and Dave Sherman from Spirit Caravan hanging out in the crowd for Unida last night, chatting and signing with anyone and everyone. Very cool guys.
Indeed.

Henry Vasquez, on the other hand, is a dick.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:02 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
Henry Vasquez, on the other hand, is a dick.
I totally get that impression.

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest
Old 07-01-2014, 07:27 AM
Metal Legend

The nicest band member I ever met is Joe Duplantier. He was just so humble and loved talking metal. I was surprised how long he stayed and talked with me too.

Based on interviews I've seen, I would imagine that Chuck Schuldiner might have been the nicest guy in metal ever.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:39 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausea View Post
The nicest band member I ever met is Joe Duplantier. He was just so humble and loved talking metal. I was surprised how long he stayed and talked with me too.

Based on interviews I've seen, I would imagine that Chuck Schuldiner might have been the nicest guy in metal ever.
I've had the same experience with Joe. Great guy.

I actually saw Death a few times when I was younger, but back then I was too starstruck by celebrities to try speaking to them, so I never actually met Chuck. I did get right up in his face to "help" him scream the lyrics to several of the songs at one or two of those shows, though - so I guess you could say I "almost" met him.

I did meet Schmeier once during that time frame, though - I gave him a dollar bill to sign since I didn't have anything else on me at the time. I still have that dollar somewhere, I'm pretty sure.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:53 AM
Metal Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I've had the same experience with Joe. Great guy.

I actually saw Death a few times when I was younger, but back then I was too starstruck by celebrities to try speaking to them, so I never actually met Chuck. I did get right up in his face to "help" him scream the lyrics to several of the songs at one or two of those shows, though - so I guess you could say I "almost" met him.

I did meet Schmeier once during that time frame, though - I gave him a dollar bill to sign since I didn't have anything else on me at the time. I still have that dollar somewhere, I'm pretty sure.
\m/

I'm jealous. I never had the opportunity to see Death. Been a fan since I first started getting into music, but they just never tour'd anywhere close to my neck of the woods. Or if they did, I somehow missed it. It was harder to keep track of band tours before the internet