Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Queen - Atlantic City, NJ -- July 26th, 2014
Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014
Machine Head -- Toledo, OH -- July 18th, 2014
MayhemFest -- Clarkston, MI -- July 17th, 2014
Winger -- Portland, ME -- July 26th, 2014

Old 11-13-2010, 07:27 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I seriously doubt that this tour will be a one stop destination show. No matter what Mayhemfest, Ozzfest or whatever other shitty fest is out there next summer will do, they will not put up a lineup that will top the big four playing together. The money a big four tour in the US will generate will be huge and the bands and their management are fools if they don't realize this. I'm sure for that reason alone they will all be able to clear their schedules

Fuck the whole "economy sucks right now" excuse. I've been to enough shows over the last few years to know that doesn't stop the people from coming out. You don't think fans are gonna do whatever possible to see a tour like this? Give me a fuckin break
Im not going to go in depth with my political views like I do on other threads, I just have to say that the economy sucks is not an ecuse, the economy does suck,you may be able to afford to go to shows but some others can't.

I do agree that the economy sucking wont stop the fans from going to this.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:29 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
I like that idea.

I don't see the logic in playing Black Album in its entirety. The show definitely won't sell out if they do that. I mean, most metalheads already bitch when they play anything from that album...
It's Metallica I think they can sell out regardless of the set.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:29 AM
Cowboy From Hell

Something else to consider is that AEG puts on Ozzfest too. AEG doesn't have venues they own compared to Live Nation. Considering Live Nation is partnered with Mayhem Fest, Iron Maiden, Uproar, Cruefest, and that they now own ticketmaster & virtually every large amphitheater, stadium, and the Clear Channell radio market, etc, AEG would have to work with Live Nation for this tour to be as successful as possible. The tour would sell tickets but Live Nation would want the lion's share of the $ and the minute they figure out this tour will likely hurt their own summer tours they will demand even more $ or simply refuse to do business with AEG.

Whenever you look at what AEG owns (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ansch...edirected=true) you can see that a destination event is the easiest and probably most financially secure option for them. If it was a tour Live Nation would leave AEG with little $ after all is said & done because Live Nation would make sure to take enough $ to make up for their losses their own metal tours would receive when trying to compete with the Big 4.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:56 AM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
I don't see the logic in playing Black Album in its entirety. The show definitely won't sell out if they do that. I mean, most metalheads already bitch when they play anything from that album...
I'm sorry, but are you freakin' retarded? No offense or anything, but this is Metallica we're talking about. Considering a fairly big portion of the crowds they bring only know the singles from the self-titled album and that the hardcore fans (such as myself) would be there no matter what, there is absolutely no doubt that they'd sell out. You'd have to be crazy to think otherwise.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:17 AM
N00B

As people have already mentioned, they played Master of Puppets in its entirety already in 2006. So doing that again would be just rehashing old ideas. Plus, while people are complaining about playing the Black Album, think about this: They're already going to play Enter Sandman, Nothing Else Matters, and Sad but true, potentially the worst songs on that album. So if they're going to play those songs anyways, they might as well play some of the best songs from that album like Holier than Thou, Unforgiven, Of Wolf and Man, etc. etc.

Plus, it doesn't matter what competition is out there or how bad the economy is, this tour wouldn't have any problem selling tickets. In fact, any tour with Metallica would sell out in a couple of days anyways. The majority of their Death magnetic 2nd leg US shows sold out within a day of going on sale before any support acts were announced.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
I agree it should be a tour and not a destination event. It should also be a all day event with 2 stages. 1 for other legendary thrash acts & 1 for other cool metal acts. Imagine this:

Thrash Stage:
Testament
Machine Head
Exodus
Overkill

Other Stage:
Mastodon
Down
The Sword
Gojira

Not saying that would happen, but if it did it would make a cool tour even more cool & give it some variety too. Put this tour in 15 football stadiums or Racetracks & everyone has a good time & all the bands will get exposure & make $.
I think you've gotten brainwashed by the amount of festivals there have been in the US over the last decade. This just isn't a good idea at all because it's just too much. It's The Big Four they don't need any other bands to play, I think it's just be those four and that's it. What more do you really need?

When this tour happens they need to focus on the quality of the bands not the quantity.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Iron Maiden isn't touring the USA this summer.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:32 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
I'm sorry, but are you freakin' retarded? No offense or anything, but this is Metallica we're talking about. Considering a fairly big portion of the crowds they bring only know the singles from the self-titled album and that the hardcore fans (such as myself) would be there no matter what, there is absolutely no doubt that they'd sell out. You'd have to be crazy to think otherwise.
None taken. It may still sell out, being that they're Metallica and all, but playing that album would definitely turn a bunch of people off.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:41 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Marlay Park, the big venue bands usually play in Ireland now, has been booked for five days in August and noone knows for what yet, so Im hoping against hope Metallica play there with the big four. The past decade they played at least every two years.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:50 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Am I the only one who thinks this thing is getting a little over hyped? Just about anyone who can call them self a metalhead has seen 3 of the 4 separately, and this tour/show is just gonna be a huge clusterfuck or way too expensive.