Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014
Destruction -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 14th, 2014
Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
Satan -- Philadelphia, PA -- April 14th, 2014
Dave Mustaine with San Diego Symphony -- San Diego, CA -- April 12th, 2014

Old 11-12-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
They make it sound like people won't go to the big 4 tour if Mayhem, Ozzfest, etc are around.

They won't have any trouble at all selling if it happens.
this.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 11-12-2010, 04:48 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
As everyone knows by now, Metallica is planning on doing some shows where they play the black album in it's entirety due to the 20th anniversary of the album.

I have a friend who works for AEG. He tells me that the band is looking at either a 1 time destination festival with the Big 4 for the summer of 2011 or doing 11 arena shows. This person told me that it is undecided which route they will take. I was told it depended on two things: 1. The availability of the other Big 4 bands during the summer of 2011 and 2. The amount of hard rock metal tours during this summer. We know Mayhem Festival will happen, but if CrueFest, Uproar, and Ozzfest all happen (not to mention possible tours from other acts such as Iron Maiden, other bands who are not bigger tours, etc), that may force them to go with a destination festival due to the bad economy and the overload of other hard rock/metal tours that could be happening.

Summer of 2011 The Big 4 in the US will happen. Its just a matter of how, where and when.
So I was right about the black Album tour then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
I hate to break the news to you but if they do a full album tour it will be the "Black Album". Next year in 2011 will mark the 20th anniversary. Also Its the bands most "accessible" album out of all there albums from the early 80s-early 90s so they would most definitely want to play that. Also I think its just an easy way out for them since a good amount of songs on there set list already consist of Black Album tracks *Enter Sandman, Sad But True, The Unforgiven, Of Wolf and Man, Nothing Else Matters, Where Ever I May Roam* ect...

So its easier for them to quickly rehearse and practice for the concerts...

Take slayer for example. They went and did "Seasons" in its entirety...even though a good amount of songs on there setlist already consisted of too many SITA songs "War Ensemble, Expendable Youth, Dead Skin Mask, Seasons In The Abyss, Spirit in Black"...I think you get what I mean...
2nd off. I posted this a long ass time ago that the big 4 was coming to America. When I saw the jagiermiester tour with slayer/megadeth/anthrax dave mustaine announced that the big 4 was coming to america in 2011. I forgot who, but some douche on these boards kept denying it and saying I was wrong. Hope that fucker is eating out his own words

Plus why the fuck would Dave want to talk out of his ass and make a silly joke like that? ESPECIALLY SOMETHING AS BIG AND IMPORTANT AS THAT!! I remember when he announced it the whole venue was cheering on in joy.

But yeah like i said earlier, When dave announced it at the hollywood jagiermiester show, I dont get why anyone would think he was talking out of his ass and would fuck around with something as important as that.... Some of the people on this board are fuckin' dumbasses
5/11 - Saint Vitus
Old 11-12-2010, 04:53 PM
not the mama

I'd like to see these bands but this full album shit needs to stop!
Old 11-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkguardian50 View Post
Next year is also 25 years for MOP which is their most beloved album and not to mention 25 is a bigger milestone. Why would they do the Black Album instead...

But yay for the Big 4. Next year is the 25th Anniversary of Peace Sells....hint hint.
They did MOP 4 years ago outside of the US.
Me and everybody else would be down with Peace Sells.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Ah, another WOLVERINEKILLS knows a guy who knows a guy thread with no dates. Thanks, buddy.
He's usually right...
Old 11-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Concert Veteran

I seriously doubt that this tour will be a one stop destination show. No matter what Mayhemfest, Ozzfest or whatever other shitty fest is out there next summer will do, they will not put up a lineup that will top the big four playing together. The money a big four tour in the US will generate will be huge and the bands and their management are fools if they don't realize this. I'm sure for that reason alone they will all be able to clear their schedules

Fuck the whole "economy sucks right now" excuse. I've been to enough shows over the last few years to know that doesn't stop the people from coming out. You don't think fans are gonna do whatever possible to see a tour like this? Give me a fuckin break
Old 11-12-2010, 09:17 PM
I can't stop thinking big

I highly doubt they would just play one show....they would sell out every show on the tour.
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 11-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Cowboy From Hell

I agree it should be a tour and not a destination event. It should also be a all day event with 2 stages. 1 for other legendary thrash acts & 1 for other cool metal acts. Imagine this:

Thrash Stage:
Testament
Machine Head
Exodus
Overkill

Other Stage:
Mastodon
Down
The Sword
Gojira

Not saying that would happen, but if it did it would make a cool tour even more cool & give it some variety too. Put this tour in 15 football stadiums or Racetracks & everyone has a good time & all the bands will get exposure & make $.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I seriously doubt that this tour will be a one stop destination show. No matter what Mayhemfest, Ozzfest or whatever other shitty fest is out there next summer will do, they will not put up a lineup that will top the big four playing together. The money a big four tour in the US will generate will be huge and the bands and their management are fools if they don't realize this. I'm sure for that reason alone they will all be able to clear their schedules

Fuck the whole "economy sucks right now" excuse. I've been to enough shows over the last few years to know that doesn't stop the people from coming out. You don't think fans are gonna do whatever possible to see a tour like this? Give me a fuckin break
Exactly. Ozzfest and Mayhem should fear this tour, not the other way around. No matter what, they will sell out every show, and will be very very very lucrative. Ozzfest and Mayhem would see a decrease in sales, not the big 4.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:08 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

I think it's pretty certain there will be a Big Four tour at some point. Members of all of the bands have said it's all being looked into, but I think it will happen on a large scale in 2012 due to availabilities etc.

So I can see them taking the festival option in 2011.

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Old 11-13-2010, 06:54 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
I agree it should be a tour and not a destination event. It should also be a all day event with 2 stages. 1 for other legendary thrash acts & 1 for other cool metal acts. Imagine this:

Thrash Stage:
Testament
Machine Head
Exodus
Overkill

Other Stage:
Mastodon
Down
The Sword
Gojira

Not saying that would happen, but if it did it would make a cool tour even more cool & give it some variety too. Put this tour in 15 football stadiums or Racetracks & everyone has a good time & all the bands will get exposure & make $.
I like that idea.

I don't see the logic in playing Black Album in its entirety. The show definitely won't sell out if they do that. I mean, most metalheads already bitch when they play anything from that album...