Death Angel -- San Francisco, CA -- December 27th, 2014
Protest the Hero -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 27th, 2014
Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 11-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Cowboy From Hell

BIG 4 USA tour 2011

EDIT on 12-04-10: The Big 4 will tour the US, UK & Europe in the summer of 2011. Announcement coming soon...

As everyone knows by now, Metallica is planning on doing some shows where they play the black album in it's entirety due to the 20th anniversary of the album.

I have a friend who works for AEG. He tells me that the band is looking at either a 1 time destination festival with the Big 4 for the summer of 2011 or doing 11 arena shows. This person told me that it is undecided which route they will take. I was told it depended on two things: 1. The availability of the other Big 4 bands during the summer of 2011 and 2. The amount of hard rock metal tours during this summer. We know Mayhem Festival will happen, but if CrueFest, Uproar, and Ozzfest all happen (not to mention possible tours from other acts such as Iron Maiden, other bands who are not bigger tours, etc), that may force them to go with a destination festival due to the bad economy and the overload of other hard rock/metal tours that could be happening.

Summer of 2011 The Big 4 in the US will happen. Its just a matter of how, where and when.

Last edited by WOLVERINEKILLS; 12-04-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Homebrewing Metalhead

Meh, I'd much rather hear Justice, MOP or RTL in their entirity. I don't even own the Black album. This doesn't even really make sense. Next year is also 25 years for MOP which is their most beloved album and not to mention 25 is a bigger milestone. Why would they do the Black Album instead...

But yay for the Big 4. Next year is the 25th Anniversary of Peace Sells....hint hint.

We miss you Ronnie...
Old 11-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Awesome, I really hope it'll be 11 shows instead of 1.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 11-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Close your eyes forget your name

While the black album is good I'd rather hear MOP because it is much more of a milestone in metal, and it is in my top 5 of favorite albums of all time; If they did MOP in full plus the other big 3 I would go anywhere if it didn't come to Denver, even if it is a one show thing; As said above it is also 25 for Peace Sells (and also 25 for Reign in Blood but they have done that enough) As much as I would love to see those albums in full I think just coming off doing RIP and Seasons Megadeth and Slayer I would think rather (and they should) focus more on Endgame and WPB....

I am hoping that they lean more toward the 11 show count (maybe a few more then that come to Denver PLEASE) I agree that the economy is bad and they would have to compete with a least a few other tours like Mayhem; but since it would be an historical moment in North America I doubt they would have problems selling out at least a basketball/hockey arena; hell if promoted right they could get big numbers at Stadiums. Either way I am very excited about this and can't wait for the news. Like I said even if this doesn't come to my neck of the woods I am more than willing to travel even on my budget

Last edited by DisposableJustice; 11-12-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:22 PM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

The big 4 should do a full blown tour. Screw the economy. These crap festivals get worse and worse every year, and still get tons of people. Metallica and the rest wouldent have a problem. I'm pretty sure it would out sell those other shows. Hopefully Metallica does MOP in full for its 25th. They'll most likely do the Black album though. Its also Peace Sells 25th. You reading this Dave
Old 11-12-2010, 02:40 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkguardian50 View Post
Meh, I'd much rather hear Justice, MOP or RTL in their entirity. I don't even own the Black album. This doesn't even really make sense. Next year is also 25 years for MOP which is their most beloved album and not to mention 25 is a bigger milestone. Why would they do the Black Album instead...
The 20th anniversary of their biggest album? Yup no sense whatsoever.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:50 PM

even though The Black Album is their biggest album, i would imagine a much bigger response from fans if they had played Master of Puppets in it's entirely.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 11-12-2010, 03:19 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
even though The Black Album is their biggest album, i would imagine a much bigger response from fans if they had played Master of Puppets in it's entirely.
I agree, as MOP is my favorite album of all time. But I think it's more likely that they'll do the self-titled album because it made them superstars and they already did MOP's 20th. Now, if they did MOP and TBA back to back...

Also, as previously mentioned, 2011 is also the 25th for Peace Sells, as well as Reign In Blood. Too bad Anthrax didn't have anything out in '86, though ATL is pretty damn close. Oh well I'm not really expecting full albums from those guys anyway.

Last edited by makethemsuffer12; 11-12-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:23 PM
We're dying on the inside

Ah, another WOLVERINEKILLS knows a guy who knows a guy thread with no dates. Thanks, buddy.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

They make it sound like people won't go to the big 4 tour if Mayhem, Ozzfest, etc are around.

They won't have any trouble at all selling if it happens.