Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-19-2014, 01:34 AM
N00B

Carcass -- Orlando, FL -- March 18th, 2014

I interviewed Luc Lemay from Gorguts after their set, you can check it out here - http://riseabovetheanchor.com/interv...lemay-gorguts/

-
We arrived at the Beacham in Orlando, FL for one of my most anticipated concerts of 2014, I was looking forward to every band, which seems rare with most tour packages nowadays.

Up first were FL natives, Maruta. I were pleasantly surprised to see so many people get to the show early to see this band, and after seeing their set I can see why. I was absolutely blown away by Maruta, they brought such a raw intensity to their live performance, their vocalist reminded me of Tomas Lindberg from At The Gates. Maruta were so impressive, that they deserve to be on the entire tour. The band were recently signed to Relapse Records, and it’s clear why, I can’t wait to see them again at Maryland Deathfest.

Up next were the first band on the tour packed, Noisem. The one thing that obviously stands out about this band is how incredibly young they are, all are between 15 and 20 years old, which is mind-blowing in itself. But there is a reason why this band are able to get on tours like this, Noisem were incredibly solid live, the only thing that somewhat irritated me was at the repetitive drumming, but it definitely fit the style, so it’s not big enough to keep you from enjoying their set.

Now it was time for the band that I was most excited to see, the legendary Gorguts. Gorguts are hugely influential in my taste and style of playing, their musicianship and technically is impeccable, not to mention they are some of the nicest people I’ve ever talked too. I was able to interview Luc after their set, and he informed me that this was in fact Gorguts’ very first show ever in Orlando, so it was a very special show for them, as well as the crowd. Gorguts’ performance was incredible to say the least, my only complaint was the incredibly short set, only 5 songs, I look forward to seeing them perform a longer set at Maryland Deathfest.

At this point in the show it was time for The Black Dahlia Murder. This was my third time seeing this band in the last eight months, and it definitely never gets old. The Beacham generally have a “no moshing rule”, which almost defeats the purpose of going to metal shows, I heard people in the crowd shout to the bands, “Tell these guys to let us mosh!” on multiple occasions, but once The Black Dahlia Murder kicked into “In Hell Is Where She Waits For Me”, there was no stopping the chaos that was about to ensue. This band somehow seems to get tighter and more energetic live every time I see them, it’s always good to see Trevor and the rest of the band fist pumping, and getting the crowd riled up, they are masters at working the crowd. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing this band’s set, I’ll definitely go out to any of their future tours that hit this area.

And now, it was time for one of the most important bands in extreme metal history, the legendary Carcass. As soon as the intro track “1985″ started up, the crowd roared, and started cheering “Carcass! Carcass!”, and when the band walked on stage and kicked into “Buried Dreams”, chaos ensued. I’m pretty certain I have never seen an indoor pit as intense as the one that took place during “Heartwork”, which I still consider as one of the greatest melodic death metal songs ever written. My absolute favorite part of the evening was getting to see Jeff Walker in person, he is undoubtedly one of the finest and most distinctive vocalists in metal, and he was pretty funny at times as well. As great as every band up until this point were, Carcass quickly showed why they are considered the legends that they are, everything about their set I can only describe as “perfection”.

The Decibel Magazine tour is easily the metal tour of the year so far, and I can’t imagine anything could possibly top it. If this tour comes near you, I heavily recommend you attend, don’t think about it, just go.
-

Carcass setlist

1)1985
2)Buried Dreams
3)Incarnation Solvent
4)Congealed Clot Of Blood
5)Cadaver Pouch Conveyor System
6)Carnal Forge
7)No Love Lost
8)Edge Of Darkness
9)This Mortal Coil
10)Reek Of Putrefaction
11)Unfit For Human Consumption
12)Genital Grinder
13)Pyosisified (Rotten To The Gore)
14)Exhume To Consume
15)Captive Bolt Pistol
16)Corporal Jigsore Quandary
17)Black Star
18)Keep On Rotting In The Free World
19)Ruptured In Purulence
20)Heartwork
21)Carneous Cacoffiny

The Black Dahlia Murder’s setlist

1)In Hell Is Where She Waits For Me
2)Moonlight Equilibrium
3)On Stirring Seas Of Salted Blood
4)Their Beloved Absentee
5)Statutory Ape
6)Phantom Limb Masturbation
7)What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
8)I Will Return

Gorguts’ setlist

1)Le Toit Du Monde
2)An Ocean Of Wisdom
3)Colored Sands
4)Reduced To Silence
5)Obscura
-

Merch wise

Carcass - shirts for $20, Surgical Steel on Vinyl($20), cassette($10) and CD($15), signed drum heads $25, flag for $20

Gorguts - Shirts for $20, Obscura($25) and From Wisdom To Hate($15) on vinyl, Colored Sands CDs for $15.

TBDM - Shirts for $20, Ritual on vinyl for $20, Everblack and Ritual on CD for $10, vinyl slip mats for $5, posters for $1.

Noisem - shirts for $15, CDs for $6, vinyl for $12.

Decibel Tour shirts, and screen print posters for $20 each.

Last edited by TheNobleFaceHumper; 03-21-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:35 AM
N00B

Can the mods fix the title to "Decibel" ?
Old 03-19-2014, 03:09 AM
Altars of Radness

Kind of a bummer that Carcass dropped Lavaging Expectorate of Lysergide Composition. I was hoping they would bring back Inpropagation or another older song, but I didn't expect them to. It's still a nice setlist, but without any big changes and the show in September still fresh in my memory, I'm not sure I feel the need to see them again just yet.

As for the Gorguts set, it is good, but I think a lot of people will be disappointed that it's so heavy on new material. I was really impressed with Colored Sands, but I don't think it's necessary to play that much from it given the amount of the time they have to play. A lot of areas this tour is hitting are places they haven't been to since they toured for From Wisdom to Hate, so a lot of fans have probably never seen them before and will be disappointed they're not playing a more diverse setlist.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:46 AM
N00B

I'm honestly not 100% on "An Ocean Of Wisdom", I really wasn't sure what song was played in that spot, that's just what someone else told me it was.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:47 AM
Metal-Setlistcore

Those are pretty good prices on the Gorguts vinyl, especially since they're a pain in the ass to find.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:21 AM
N00B

looks fun to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 03-19-2014, 12:31 PM
I know the songs you're singing saying nothing loud and clear I've heard that song a thousand times

Tomorrow Belongs to Nobody and Embodiment is needed to be perfect but still can't wait for it in two weeks.
7/24 - NIN/Soundgarden
8/28 - Linkin Park
Old 03-19-2014, 03:14 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNobleFaceHumper View Post
Can the mods fix the title to "Decibel" ?
Changed it to Carcass.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:22 PM

This show happened last year?

Old 03-19-2014, 04:29 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
Changed it to Carcass.
That works too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
This show happened last year?