The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-15-2010, 07:42 PM
Sworn

Fast forward to the 4 minute 30 second mark of the following video while keeping your attention to the right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPnrYIhK9eQ
Old 11-15-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplinterMech View Post
Fast forward to the 4 minute 30 second mark of the following video while keeping your attention to the right.

Well there ya go.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplinterMech View Post

lame. i wouldn't support a band that hits their fans while they're trying to have fun during a show. if a fan was starting shit with the band then then okay it's probably understandable, but the guy was crowd surfing and trying to have fun.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 11-15-2010, 08:27 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Was that posted here or elsewhere? I didn't hear about it.

And loganarchy, I don't know if you read my last post of advice for you (forgot what topic it was in), but I'll repeat myself a little in the case that you didn't. Plan as far ahead as you can. Lighting, exposure, how to arrange them, any props, etc. that way you can finish it as quickly as possible. I assume they won't be very excited about having to take the time to have photos taken, so the faster you get it over with, the better the situation for you.
I probably read it before, I think I've been going on nonstop about it for months

that sounds like a good plan. I don't want to piss them off or anything so I'll get the pics over with as quickly as possible.

Wizz, I'm the complete opposite of physically intimidating so I definitely couldn't hold my own in a fight.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:24 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Not condoning Watain beating crowd surfers, but really, you're crowd surfing at Watain?
No kidding. People need to understand that Watain take their music and live performances, or 'rituals' as they call them, very seriously. I would never dare to disrespect them by jumping on stage and disrupting their set.

About taking pictures, definitely just get in and out! Rad you have a pass though, I was taking photos with my SLR against the railing and in front of the mosh pit and got some pretty sweet pictures (which I will upload and edit upon arriving home) AND battle wounds.

In hindsight, I guess it's good that my camera died.. I wouldn't want to irritate them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careenifier View Post
What was the turnout like? Some friends of mine (one who somewhat works with the promoters) were saying that about 200 people were there, and it was the same night as Ozzy... So... Well done to them, if so. Interesting tidbit about the stage presence though. Personally, I'm a big fan of music, but I don't really take ideals/lyrics very seriously...
Yeah it was a pretty decent turn out! I would say about 175 people maybe?

The dude that got beat up in the video commented on the youtube page. He sounds like a butt hurt douche-bag, and is clearly the one who knows nothing about Watain. He disrupted their ritual, every blow he received was deserved!

Quote:
alright obviously you assholes know nothing of black metal, its based on hatred and darkness and death. i was flipping him off and yelling at him like i always do at shows like this. i just happened to get crowd surfed this time. and he didnt actually hit me that hard. he got me once in the eyebrow and once in the side. i dont really consider that getting my ass kicked. go change your tampon if you do.

Last edited by Xivienne; 11-15-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Rich Haagen Dazs farts

Man they're like born again Christians only they're Satanists.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandodavis View Post
Man they're like born again Christians only they're Satanists.
So true.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xivienne View Post
The dude that got beat up in the video commented on the youtube page. He sounds like a butt hurt douche-bag, and is clearly the one who knows nothing about Watain. He disrupted their ritual, every blow he received was deserved!
I'm not sure if I'd go that far, but I will say that the theatrical aspects of the performance are a major, if not the biggest, part of their live show and this guy is an ass for interfering with those. This is totally not the band to mosh to.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:09 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
lame. i wouldn't support a band that hits their fans while they're trying to have fun during a show. if a fan was starting shit with the band then then okay it's probably understandable, but the guy was crowd surfing and trying to have fun.
But I'm trying to have fun as well and have no tolerance for crowd surfing. I wish more bands would employ this method - maybe it would make jack-offs think before launching themselves onto the heads and necks and backs of people enjoying the show (moshing, head-banging, etc). I hate having to spend more time on the lookout for crowd surfers than watching the band.
If you want to crowd surf, go to a fucking Pearl Jam show.

I saw the Watain show at Studio 7 in Seattle (fucking awesome btw) and noticed the two fools who decided to crowd surf get soundly kicked by band members.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemor View Post
But I'm trying to have fun as well and have no tolerance for crowd surfing. I wish more bands would employ this method - maybe it would make jack-offs think before launching themselves onto the heads and necks and backs of people enjoying the show (moshing, head-banging, etc). I hate having to spend more time on the lookout for crowd surfers than watching the band.
If you want to crowd surf, go to a fucking Pearl Jam show.

I saw the Watain show at Studio 7 in Seattle (fucking awesome btw) and noticed the two fools who decided to crowd surf get soundly kicked by band members.
Agreed 100%.

Tags
goatwhore, watain