KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Visualize perfection

Black Label Society -- Tulsa, OK -- November 3rd, 2010

This year's BLS show...at least 90% > last year's BLS show

2 Cents was better than I expected, had some catchy riffs and what not, but nothing special. Don't know their set except Strength Beyond Strength.

Holy shit. Children Of Bodom were so much better last night than they were the last time I saw them..because Alexi's shoulder wasn't broken. They cut Bodom Beach Terror, which was a disappointment, but the rest of the set brought one of the funnest concert experiences I've had in a long time.

Silent Night, Bodom Night
Hate Me!
Angels Don't Kill
In Your Face
Blooddrunk
Living Dead Beat
Downfall
Hate Crew Deathroll

Clutch took FOREVER to set up, but I didn't mind because a very cute girl slipped between me and my friend Ronnie during the sound check and we talked a little bit. Clutch isn't my thing, but they played some catchy, groovy songs and the crowd was more rowdy for them than any other band on the bill. Don't know their set.

While Black Label Society was setting their equipment up I talked to Cute Girl more, found out she plays guitar in a band with another cute girl (who is related to the drummer for Crooked X, by the way), her favorite band is Alice In Chains, and that she has a puppy named Layne Staley, and other random information. And then Black Label Society finally started to play and she headbanged right along with me for a lot of the songs. The sound was much better this year than it was last year, and they played a very fun set. Seeing In This River played live is a sad but touching experience. In between songs some dude ran from the side of the stage, grabbed a pick off of Zakk's mic stand, jumped off stage, tried to get over the rail, and got snatched up and slammed into a wall by three of the biggest security guards I've ever seen (one of which was on Last One Standing on Discovery Channel). Zakk looked kind of confused and then said "At least he didn't steal my purse." which got a chuckle out of the crowd. The guitar solo, in my opinion, was way too long and contained too much of the same shit. Other than that, it was a good fuckin' show. I also got a pick thrown by John DeServio.

The Beginning... At Last
Crazy Horse
What's in You
The Rose Petalled Garden
Funeral Bell
Overlord
Parade of the Dead
In This River
Fire It Up
Guitar Solo
Godspeed Hellbound
The Blessed Hellride
Suicide Messiah
Concrete Jungle
Stillborn

Met and got a picture with Roope from COB and tried to make conversation, but he was completely wasted and it was difficult to understand what he was saying. In the picture I got with him he has "whiskey fingers"

Oh yeah, I also got CuteGirl's number.

Last edited by Fires Of Sedition; 11-05-2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: OP Request

Tags
black label society, children of bodom, clutch