Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Old 11-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smearCampaign View Post
Well, it would be a pretty big step towards the legalization of the nation's #1 cash crop.
Seriously, the real world just doesn't care. They should just carry on smoking it illegally like everyone else and stop bitching about it.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 11-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Seriously, the real world just doesn't care. They should just carry on smoking it illegally like everyone else and stop bitching about it.
1+
Old 11-02-2010, 08:14 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
the only important vote going on today is prop 19, which better fucking pass
11/14 - Slayer
Old 11-02-2010, 08:23 AM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by smearCampaign View Post
Well, it would be a pretty big step towards the legalization of the nation's #1 cash crop.
You think the US makes more money from marijuana than, say, corn or tomatoes or potatoes?

And once its legal, the price will fall.

Last edited by ChildrenofSodom; 11-02-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Regretting my username

Quote:
You surely don't vote all of those individually? There's no way we'd vote for things like judges here!
Yeah, we vote for those individually. There is a thing called "voter's fatigue" in which candidates at the bottom of the ballot don't get as many voters as the positions higher up because voters get tired halfway through the process and just leave it blank. Good example of how much work direct democracy is and how lazy Americans are.

I don't understand why some places have judges as an elected position. Our federal Supreme Court is appointed, but for some reason our local judges are elected. It's kinda weird.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:27 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Most of the potheads and just about everybody in Humboldt/Mendocino is against it because they're worried about the government controlling it, but I voted yes just so that it's decriminalized and we're not spending money on enforcing it.

But yeah, it's not gonna pass
Old 11-02-2010, 08:42 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

I dont think pot should be legalized, If you live in southern california you would know exactly what I mean. Its pretty much Legal here already. Theres probably over 300 medical marijuana clinics and dispensaries around my area Alone. Not to mention most of these pot clinics are protected by the cops and sherrifs county so the days of Pot Raids are pretty much over with(MIND you im talking about where I live I have no fuckin clue how it works over wher you guys live)...if you want to know HOW LEGAL IT IS HERE.....there is a clinic i always go to and it has a 500 pound cop with tazors/vest/guns/the whole nine yards protecting the place...its like a fucking bank

I have a medical card(I actually suffer a bad case of insomnia, I been taking prescription medication for about 12 years for it because I can LITTERALLY go weeks without sleeping, but i recently had the dr Get me off it cause the side effects where terrible)and going to these clubs is as legal as going to a grocery store to bag on grocery... but instead of bagging on grocery your baggin on the smelly stinky herbs. What would happend if pot becomes Legal? Will all the pot Clinics and despensaries close down?.....since on the news they said if it where legal they would start making grocery store sized Cannibis stores....and since you wouldnt need to have a medical license to carry pot would that basically mean my medical card is worthless soon?

mind you if this becomes legal they said it wouldnt' take into effect untill 2011
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 11-02-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:50 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
mind you if this becomes legal they said it wouldnt' take into effect untill 2011
That's in 2 months breh
Old 11-02-2010, 09:04 AM
...the dead are among us!

Quote:
Well then I guess in turn the opinion of 'real world' means nothing to me personally. It's the nation I live in and a drug that I use, so given the option I would rather not be treated like a criminal for smoking a fucking joint, when some drunk can go to a liquor store and legally buy enough booze to kill himself or get tanked enough to kill someone else. I'm not bitching, we're having a discussion about the topic of elections and voting and it's on the ballot in several states in this country. Legal or not people will use it and the United States spends an inordinate amount of money policing marijuana and prosecuting and imprisoning non-violent offenders.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:06 AM
We're dying on the inside

GOD can we please not act like marijuana matters one fucking bit in a country with an economy in the doldrums, an environment going to shit, and a whole segment of the population without equal rights. You smoke it anyway while it's illegal, you just don't want to possibly get hassled about it. Shut the fuck up and grow the fuck up.