Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Lich King -- Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Dillinger Escape Plan -- Brooklyn, NY -- July 31st, 2014
Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991

  #1  
Old 10-29-2010, 12:16 AM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Dream Lamb of God

In my opinion, some of LOG's greatest songs are never played. Ever. This will change:

Ruin -> As the Palaces Burn
A Warning
In the Absence of the Sacred
The Faded Line
Blood of the Scribe
Bloodletting
Ashes of the Wake -> Remorse is for the Dead
Terror and Hubris in the House of Frank Pollard
Confessional
A Devil In God's Country
11th Hour

Encore:
Black Label (duh)

But then... SECOND ENCORE:
VIGIL

Yeah, thats right. Finish with fuckin' Vigil. That song ends PERFECTLY; why they don't close with it baffles me.

You might notice that I did not include any songs from Sacrament or Wrath. Here's how I feel about the songwriting on those albums:

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-29-2010, 02:47 AM
Indestructible's Avatar
Indestructible Indestructible is offline
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
You might notice that I did not include any songs from Sacrament or Wrath. Here's how I feel about the songwriting on those albums:

Sacrament and Wrath are two of LOGS best albums. Way better than anything from New American Gosple and the Burn The Priest days.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-29-2010, 05:08 AM
daimonos's Avatar
daimonos daimonos is offline
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
In my opinion, some of LOG's greatest songs are never played. Ever. This will change:

Ruin -> As the Palaces Burn
A Warning
In the Absence of the Sacred
The Faded Line
Blood of the Scribe
Bloodletting
Ashes of the Wake -> Remorse is for the Dead
Terror and Hubris in the House of Frank Pollard
Confessional
A Devil In God's Country
11th Hour

Encore:
Black Label (duh)

But then... SECOND ENCORE:
VIGIL

Yeah, thats right. Finish with fuckin' Vigil. That song ends PERFECTLY; why they don't close with it baffles me.

You might notice that I did not include any songs from Sacrament or Wrath. Here's how I feel about the songwriting on those albums:

Great set. The early albums definitely are better. I do enjoy Wrath and Sacrament, but Sacrament is their worst album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
Sacrament and Wrath are two of LOGS best albums. Way better than anything from New American Gosple and the Burn The Priest days.
Incorrect.
__________________
I've lost track of just about everything.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-29-2010, 07:16 AM
Nick_to_the_face's Avatar
Nick_to_the_face Nick_to_the_face is offline
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
Sacrament and Wrath are two of LOGS best albums. Way better than anything from New American Gosple and the Burn The Priest days.
No

Anyway here goes:

The Passing/ In Your Words
Again We Will Rise
Hourglass
Laid To Rest
Ruin
Contractor
11th Hour
The Faded Line
Dimera
Pariah
Boot Scraper
Walk With Me in Hell
Beating on Death's Door
Omerta
Bloodletting
Redneck
Grace
Confessional
Terror and Hubris in The House of Frank Pollard

Encore
Reclamation
Lies of Autumn
The Subtle Arts of Murder and Persuasion
Vigil
Black Label

hmmm i dont know, i can do better plus it's unrealistically long..but i wouldnt mind if they played this set
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Indestructible's Avatar
Indestructible Indestructible is offline
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 4,561
Contractor
Again We Rise
Ruin
Set To Fail
Hourglass
As The Palaces Burn
Blacken The Cursed Sun
Now You've got Something To Die For
Laid To Rest
Broken Hands
Terror & Hubris In The House Of Frank Pollard
Omerta
The Faded Line
In Your Words
Foot To Throat
Dead Seeds
An Extra Nail For Your Coffin
Walk With Me In Hell

Encore
Reneck
One Gun
11th Hour
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-29-2010, 10:47 AM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post

The Passing/ In Your Words
Again We Will Rise
Hourglass
Laid To Rest
Ruin
Contractor
11th Hour
The Faded Line
Dimera
Pariah
Boot Scraper
Walk With Me in Hell
Beating on Death's Door
Omerta
Bloodletting
Redneck
Grace
Confessional
Terror and Hubris in The House of Frank Pollard

Encore
Reclamation
Lies of Autumn
The Subtle Arts of Murder and Persuasion
Vigil
Black Label
WWMIH and BODD are great songs off Sacrament, as well as More Time To Kill. Although I find Contractor to be VERY simple in the songwriting, lyrically it is badass.

As for Lies and Dimera...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
Sacrament and Wrath are two of LOGS best albums. Way better than anything from New American Gosple and the Burn The Priest days.
I guess it's just a difference of opinion, but I felt that after Ashes, they just turned to writing songs that fit into the same mold... intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, middle, chorus, etc. Look at something like Vigil, or Bootscraper: the song is constantly evolving, with each section differing from the past ones. Brilliant, imao.

Also, lyically: some Randy's early stuff is just great, poetically. Just look at anything on New American Gospel. After Ashes I just felt that a lot of the songs felt similar and generic with the lyrics. As a whole, I mean; There are songs off Sacrament and Wrath that I like, but overall they are at such a lower par than the early stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-29-2010, 10:50 AM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post

Encore
Reneck
One Gun
11th Hour
Ballsy encore. I like it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Indestructible's Avatar
Indestructible Indestructible is offline
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Also, lyically: some Randy's early stuff is just great, poetically. Just look at anything on New American Gospel.
I can't understand anything he is saying on new american gosple. That's the only reason I don't like it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Nick_to_the_face's Avatar
Nick_to_the_face Nick_to_the_face is offline
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
Contractor
Again We Rise
Ruin
Set To Fail
Hourglass
As The Palaces Burn
Blacken The Cursed Sun
Now You've got Something To Die For
Laid To Rest
Broken Hands
Terror & Hubris In The House Of Frank Pollard
Omerta
The Faded Line
In Your Words
Foot To Throat
Dead Seeds
An Extra Nail For Your Coffin
Walk With Me In Hell

Encore
Reneck
One Gun
11th Hour
An extra nail for your coffin
i forgot about that song, same with Blacken the Cursed Sun

but broken hands, thats one of my least favorite, if not my least favorite off of Wrath, I personally think Reclamation and Grace are the best 2 off of wrath
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Indestructible's Avatar
Indestructible Indestructible is offline
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
An extra nail for your coffin
i forgot about that song, same with Blacken the Cursed Sun

but broken hands, thats one of my least favorite, if not my least favorite off of Wrath, I personally think Reclamation and Grace are the best 2 off of wrath
Broken hands is one of my favorites from wrath. Along With Reclamation,In your words and Contractor.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:48 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008