Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-29-2010, 12:23 AM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

Cattle Decapitation -- Seattle, WA -- October 28th, 2010

Got to the venue a bit later than I would've really liked to, so I missed Bloodhunger, Slaughterbox, and Son of Aurelius. SoA was the band besides Cattle that I had come to see, so I was pretty pissed.

Burning the Masses started almost the instant I got into the venue. They were ok I guess. They do have a lot of talent. There was this one HxC dancing kid that was going ape shit during their set, at least during the breakdowns. He was one of those kids that sits around looking all bored during the actual music and stars flailing around like a maniac during the breakdowns. It was pretty embarrassing.

Next was Knights of the Abyss. Pretty generic stuff from them. Even the HxC dancing kid seemed to dislike them, as there weren't enough generic breakdowns for his liking.

Then came the brutal slam masters themselves, Devourment. And honestly coming into the show I really wasn't a fan of their music, but seeing them tonight made me a fan. Everyone was going absolutely ballistic for the entire set. They were fucking awesome. Don't know their first song, but the rest of their set was...

Serial Cocksucker
Fucked to Death
Babykiller
Fed to the Pigs
Choking on Bile

This was my first time seeing Cattle Decap and I was right up front center to witness it. You can't beat having Travis scream like a fucking possessed insane asylum patient while dribbling spit all over himself and spitting water right in your face

Gardeners of Eden
A Body Farm
To Serve Man
I Eat Your Skin
Tooth Enamel and Concrete
The Ripe Beneath the Rind
Total Gore
The Product Alive
Testicular Manslaughter
Karma Bloody Karma
Regret and the Grave
Into the Public Bath

I got a Cattle Decap logo Hoodie for $25.

Last edited by NecroRob; 10-29-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:31 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

That's a great Devourment set. Serial Cocksucker is great and Babykiller is one of the best live songs ever, I can tell!

Awesome Cattle set too. Tooth Ename > Ripe Beneath The Rind is WAY awesome. I love The Harvest Floor, but I think on the next tour, they need to change it up a bit.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:42 AM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Awesome Cattle set too. Tooth Ename > Ripe Beneath The Rind is WAY awesome. I love The Harvest Floor, but I think on the next tour, they need to change it up a bit.
Travis said they probably wouldn't be back for a year or so because they're gonna be at home writing and recording a new album
Old 10-29-2010, 01:09 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

I'm soo fucking pissed Devourment is playing the Hollywood show on this tour I have a fucking Physics midterm the next morning at 10am. I go to school fucking 15 minutes from Hesperia, ughh!!! It's been 4 years since I have seen Devourment. I need another dose of this shit. I'll probably make it anyways.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:32 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
I'm soo fucking pissed Devourment is playing the Hollywood show on this tour I have a fucking Physics midterm the next morning at 10am. I go to school fucking 15 minutes from Hesperia, ughh!!! It's been 4 years since I have seen Devourment. I need another dose of this shit. I'll probably make it anyways.
School? More important than metal? What planet do you live on, I inquire?
Old 10-29-2010, 06:46 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

That's an awesome Cattle set. Wish this tour came through MA, I would have loved to see Cattle again. Also can't wait for the new record.
1/25 August Burns Red
1/31 Machine Head

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 10-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Bobb O)))

yeah this was a great show when i saw it, i felt the same way about devourment going in, but their live show definitely made me a fan. cattle decap was honestly one of the better live bands i've seen, very pleasantly surprised. and i got the "Inhuman Centipede" shirt for $15
10/4-Melvins
Old 10-29-2010, 03:05 PM
That Does Not Make Sense!

There was this one HxC dancing kid that was going ape shit during their set, at least during the breakdowns. He was one of those kids that sits around looking all bored during the actual music and stars flailing around like a maniac during the breakdowns. It was pretty embarrassing.

god i hate those douchebags at shows that feature any band that could be considered "scene" or "Deathcore". Someone should beat the shit out of them
Old 10-29-2010, 03:15 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chewbacca defense View Post
There was this one HxC dancing kid that was going ape shit during their set, at least during the breakdowns. He was one of those kids that sits around looking all bored during the actual music and stars flailing around like a maniac during the breakdowns. It was pretty embarrassing.

god i hate those douchebags at shows that feature any band that could be considered "scene" or "Deathcore". Someone should beat the shit out of them
Its a shame, really. I might get flak for saying this, but there's some deathcore I really like. Winds of Plague, for example- their ability of mold symphonic metal with deathcore is really cool imo. Unfortunately, for the reason you just said, I'm put off to see them live.

Why the fuck do people need to do that? Moshing is fun. Relatively safe. Everybody is out to have a good time and support each other. When you turn that around and are on a powertrip to punch your fellow metal brothers and sisters, it goes against everything this awesome genre of music represents for us. We're all in the same boat here.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Its a shame, really. I might get flak for saying this, but there's some deathcore I really like. Winds of Plague, for example- their ability of mold symphonic metal with deathcore is really cool imo. Unfortunately, for the reason you just said, I'm put off to see them live.

Why the fuck do people need to do that? Moshing is fun. Relatively safe. Everybody is out to have a good time and support each other. When you turn that around and are on a powertrip to punch your fellow metal brothers and sisters, it goes against everything this awesome genre of music represents for us. We're all in the same boat here.
I saw Obituary w/ Unleashed and Carnifex opened up and there was ONE 5 foot scene kid with a bandana over his face hardcore dancing during them. It was pathetic and hilarious at the same time.

Tags
cattle decapitation, devourment