It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014

Old 11-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Life Is My Own To Live My Own Way

Incantation -- Chicago, IL -- November 19th, 2010

I pretty much had been shitting my pants ever since I heard this show was going to happen. Onward To Golgotha is my favorite death metal album ever made so to see it performed in its entirety was just about the best thing i could ask for as far as concerts go. However i almost was not able to see it. Me and my friend got there around 15 minutes before the doors opened and we were chilling with a few others in the music store next to the venue, when the head security dude came out and announced that the show was 17+, which was total bullshit because on their website and on the fucking ticket it said all ages....and Im 16, so i started flippin shit, if there was any show that i would miss, i really didnt want it to be this one. So when they were checking IDs going in i acted all surprised, told them that they never said anything about it so I left my wallet at my house to avoid it getting stolen and that i was 18. The dude told me that its a good idea to always have an ID with me, but that he'd let me in this time. I didnt think i would be able to pull it off but i did and Im really glad, because it was the best concert Ive ever been to.

Ezurate 8/10- A local black metal band opened and it was the perfect way to start off the night. Not much to say, they played straight up black metal and kicked ass.

Im not even going to rate the next band Bloodstream Parade. They really didnt fit the bill at all and reminded me of DevilDriver kind of. Some parts of their songs were bad and some were alright, but i honestly didnt mind them (I was probably the only dude there...). I was chilling on the rail during their set, the only one as everyone else was a good 20 feet behind me . I enjoyed them for the most part, they were really cool dudes and totally got that they were the odd band of the night. The singer said that they got on the show and then looked at the line-up and realized that theyre the "Justin Beiber of the night", and he kept thanking the crowd for the little response that they got because he was sure that there would be none and I respected that a lot. I was talking to the singer for a good while afterwards and he thanked me for the support. Im sure Ill get a ton of shit for this from anyone who was at the show but oh well Im at a concert to enjoy myself and thats what I did.

Cardiac Arrest 10/10- HOLY SHIT i saw these guys on the Enthroned tour and they were the shit! Theyre from Chicago and Im not quite sure how big they are, but they played as if they could have been headlining the show. I dont have a set because a lot of songs they played were from an album that hasnt been released yet, and Im not too familiar with their music.

Im short on time so Ill review Funerus and Fatalist later but.....

INCANTATION 100000/10- Incantation was absolutly wonderful, definitely the best live band Ive ever seen! They did an extensive sound check at it all sounded perfect, and ended up going on at midnight. I think they were filming because they had cameras around the stage and some dude moving around filming it all like it was very important, so hopefully it will be on a release or something! Ill do a more in depth review later on. My friend who was driving was pretty much falling asleep because it was so late, so we left a little early. I would have loved to stay, but id rather not have him fall asleep driving home . It still was a killer set (duh) from what i saw. We left around 1:10 and my friend said they ended at 1:30ish and played 3 or 4 more songs after we left, so if anyone knows what they are Id appreciate it.

Golgotha
Devoured Death
Blasphemous Cremation
Rotting Spiritual Embodiment
Unholy Massacre
Entrantment of Evil
Christening The Afterbirth
Immortal Cessation
Profanation
Deliverance of Horrific Prophecies
Eternal Torture
--------------Kyle went up to the mic and was talking the the crowd
New Song
Dying Divinity
The Ibex Moon

If anyone knows what they played after The Ibex Moon that would be awesome
8/23-Exodus, Malevolent Creation
8/25-Enthroned
10/22-Immolation, Vader
11/8-Nile
Old 11-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Altars of Radness

I'm dying to see Incantation. This only makes me want to see them more.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:58 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmasta257 View Post
I would have loved to stay, but id rather not have him fall asleep driving home . It still was a killer set (duh) from what i saw.
Dude, they invented 5-hour-energy for a reason.

Great review, btw. Sounds like it was awesome!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:44 AM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Dude, they invented 5-hour-energy for a reason.

Great review, btw. Sounds like it was awesome!
I was his friend that came with, and I had 2 Jolts before the show because I was running on 4 hours of sleep the night before, so it was pretty damn hard to stay awake. I was lucky that once Incantation came on I went from "eh I'm tired" to "HOLY FUCK" A lot of people actually left early, I didn't even expect it to go that late. Believe me, I really didn't want to leave early.

But yeah, this was a very good show, Incantation is definitely up there for best bands I've seen live now!

Tags
cardiac arrest, incantation