Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014
Neurosis -- Tucson, AZ -- October 18th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Derelict's Avatar
Derelict Derelict is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,213
The Devin Townsend Project -- West Chester, PA -- October 27th, 2010

So we got there pretty early, as we did the VIP preshow thing. They let us in, and had us go to the upstairs lounge area, and sit down on the couches around Devin. It was just him and his acoustic guitar, and this set was:

Coast
Terminal
Ih-Ah

He answered people's questions between songs, and after the last song, he signed every last piece of merch and took pictures with anyone who requested. We went downstairs to sit at the bar and get dinner and some beers. Tesseract and Periphery performed while we were destroying grilled cheese and bacon and cheese tater tots. My buddy was wearing his SYL Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing shirt, and some guy came up to us and told him how much he loved the shirt...turns out it was Jed Simon, guitarist of SYL. He's married and lives in the area, and he had come out to the show as he's still friends with Devin. Devin's set:

Addicted
Supercrush
Kingdom
Deadhead
Truth
Om
By Your Command
Life
Earth Day
Bad Devil
--------------------(Devin said they were taking a poop break)
Colour Your World
The Greys
Deep Peace
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-27-2010, 10:13 PM
HugeRockStar HugeRockStar is offline
Trainwreck Architect
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Monteal
Posts: 321
Thats very cool I didn't know he performed a little acoustic set for VIP, that totally makes it worth it. Much better than other band's VIP packages of just taking a picture and charging 60$ for it. I wish Ih-Ah was in the main set I'd love to see it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-28-2010, 06:03 AM
Derelict's Avatar
Derelict Derelict is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeRockStar View Post
Thats very cool I didn't know he performed a little acoustic set for VIP, that totally makes it worth it. Much better than other band's VIP packages of just taking a picture and charging 60$ for it. I wish Ih-Ah was in the main set I'd love to see it.
Yeah exactly, I wouldn't do VIP just to meet someone, but the acoustic set/Q&A thing was pretty awesome
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Impaledonafence3 Impaledonafence3 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 102
Awesome show! So glad they played Earth Day. Hopefully next time he will play Seventh Wave and Storm.

Addicted!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JbJr_R5JYc

Supercrush!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzAWGm79Uk8

Deadhead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSSXSENSYv8

Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTb_AHJaJRM

Earth Day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KguD2ihZbtA

Deep Peace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQgvYv4KHHQ
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-28-2010, 02:38 PM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is offline
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,279
That's sweet that Jed came up to you guys. I wish I were going to Devy's show tonight
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-28-2010, 04:32 PM
daimonos's Avatar
daimonos daimonos is offline
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
So we got there pretty early, as we did the VIP preshow thing. They let us in, and had us go to the upstairs lounge area, and sit down on the couches around Devin. It was just him and his acoustic guitar, and this set was:

Coast
Terminal
Ih-Ah

He answered people's questions between songs, and after the last song, he signed every last piece of merch and took pictures with anyone who requested. We went downstairs to sit at the bar and get dinner and some beers. Tesseract and Periphery performed while we were destroying grilled cheese and bacon and cheese tater tots. My buddy was wearing his SYL Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing shirt, and some guy came up to us and told him how much he loved the shirt...turns out it was Jed Simon, guitarist of SYL. He's married and lives in the area, and he had come out to the show as he's still friends with Devin.
That's awesome, I would love to do that.
__________________
I've lost track of just about everything.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-28-2010, 10:49 PM
Northern_Shaman's Avatar
Northern_Shaman Northern_Shaman is offline
Wrath!
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CANADA
Posts: 703
Very jealous that you got to see Ih-Ah! I really wanted to hear that one. Just curious, what are the turnouts like at other cities for this tour? Vancouver show was sold out (800-900 capacity venue) but that's to be expected being the hometown and all.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-29-2010, 07:46 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Anyone know why Devy is terrified to play anything from Synchestra? I know it's "The Devin Townsend Band," but it's not like his current lineup played in the studio on everything he's doing live, so that's a bullshit excuse.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Derelict's Avatar
Derelict Derelict is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Anyone know why Devy is terrified to play anything from Synchestra? I know it's "The Devin Townsend Band," but it's not like his current lineup played in the studio on everything he's doing live, so that's a bullshit excuse.
Pixellate was written on the setlist on the stage, but that was crossed out for Earth Day. Gaia was done on the west coast dates, and also at Tuska.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-29-2010, 08:15 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
Pixellate was written on the setlist on the stage, but that was crossed out for Earth Day. Gaia was done on the west coast dates, and also at Tuska.
Ah, fair enough. Either of those would be great, but if I saw Triumph live I'd shit my pants. I'll never forget seeing Devy back in '06 when he was touring that record. Such an amazing set.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
devin townsend project

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:45 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008