Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014
Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Old 06-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Congrats to Dirk and the Mavs. Dirk was long overdue (as well as Kidd).
Old 06-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

Congrats to Dirk and the Mavs!
Old 06-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Regretting my username

I'm glad the Mavs won and Lebron lost, but the burt hurt-fueled jubilation radiating out of Cleveland and Ohio in general is getting really annoying.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
I'm glad the Mavs won and Lebron lost, but the burt hurt-fueled jubilation radiating out of Cleveland and Ohio in general is getting really annoying.
Hey, Fuckface asked for it. He took out a full one-hour special to go on (inter?)national television to tell the world that his decision was to shit all over the fans who supported him without reservation for seven years.

Yeah, we're a bit butthurt, dude.

If you still hear folks celebrating about it on a daily basis in a few weeks, then maybe that's overkill - but for now, let us take some comfort from the fact that The Lyin' King's glorious plan for world domination has blown up in his fucking face. We who have been shat upon deserve at least that much indulgence.

So anyway, what I came here to say was:

STILL NO RING FOR THE LYIN' KING! AWWW!!!

PLEASE JOIN ME NOW IN A MOMENT OF ... ...

Also, congrats to Dirk and the Mavs.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
He took out a full one-hour special to go on (inter?)national television to tell the world that his decision was to shit all over the fans who supported him without reservation for seven years.
Apparently, according to the new tell-all book about ESPN, the whole thing was the network's idea, not LeBron's. Sure, he agreed to it, but he's not the one who came up with it.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:22 PM
We're dying on the inside

I'm completely over hearing about how LeBron James and Chris Bosh are bad people for taking control of their own destinies while the immediate championship-winning Big Three Boston made in 2008 is okay because old white owners traded those players to the Celtics. Sports has a lot of racist undertones that I stomach because I love the games, but this is really starting to bother me. If Dan Gilbert sent LeBron to Miami in a trade that was totally the front office's idea, no one would hate LBJ and the Heat's championship would be somehow legitimate should they have won it. LeBron decides to go of his own volition? FUCK HIM, TRAITOR! Jesse Jackson wasn't wrong, and it took me a while to realize it, but Christ almighty, it's been a year.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Play it loud, don't play it low

http://deadspin.com/5811396/lebron-j...l-a-cocksucker
Old 06-15-2011, 02:00 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I'm completely over hearing about how LeBron James and Chris Bosh are bad people for taking control of their own destinies while the immediate championship-winning Big Three Boston made in 2008 is okay because old white owners traded those players to the Celtics. Sports has a lot of racist undertones that I stomach because I love the games, but this is really starting to bother me. If Dan Gilbert sent LeBron to Miami in a trade that was totally the front office's idea, no one would hate LBJ and the Heat's championship would be somehow legitimate should they have won it. LeBron decides to go of his own volition? FUCK HIM, TRAITOR! Jesse Jackson wasn't wrong, and it took me a while to realize it, but Christ almighty, it's been a year.
That's retarded. Race has absolutely nothing to do with why Lebron (and to a much lesser extent, Bosh) is hated. He drew it out and let Cleveland fans think he might be coming back. The TV special was just fucking ridiculous, I don't care if it was ESPN's idea or not. The man showed absolutely no class in his decisions, and I think he deserves the hatred from the Cavs faithful. I'd hate him if I were a Cavs fan.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:15 AM
We're dying on the inside

Why was Kevin Garnett not hated in Minnesota when he was traded? Why was Ray Allen not hated in Seattle/OKC? I was angry too when LeBron left because I think loyalty to a team is important and like to see guys stick with a club for as long as possible, but LeBron retweeted enough racist shit after the Decision that I say good for you, take your destiny in your hands.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Why was Kevin Garnett not hated in Minnesota when he was traded? Why was Ray Allen not hated in Seattle/OKC? I was angry too when LeBron left because I think loyalty to a team is important and like to see guys stick with a club for as long as possible, but LeBron retweeted enough racist shit after the Decision that I say good for you, take your destiny in your hands.
Clearly you and I are never going to see eye to eye on this issue, so I won't even bother trying to win you over. I do have to say, though, that I'm mighty surprised that a person as observant and astute as you can't see how classlessly James handled the whole situation. It's not that he left - which is the part that you're fixated on in your comparisons to other players leaving their teams in order to win championships - that part I totally get, and frankly, I was expecting it all along.

The real issue is that it's like El Gordo said...he led the entire Cavs fan base on a pipe-dream fairy-tale goose chase that he might actually return, when in fact he CLEARLY (now that we know what really happened, that is) had no intention of staying. That's just a shitbag way to handle your business, I don't care how you try to spin it.

That's like a chick announcing on national television that she's going to leave you for a guy with a bigger wallet (or bigger whatever), and then - as if the pure embarrassment and shame of that weren't enough - you find out that she was sleeping with the guy while you were still together.

You can't see the problem with that?!? C'mon.

Sure, the chick in the example above is taking control of her own destiny, and I guess you can't blame her for it - but did she have to announce it to the world in such an attention-seeking manner? And what aboiut the part where you never had a fucking chance of keeping her around, but she teased you along and let you believe that things were just fine? Really? You wouldn't be a little butthurt about that? I find that incomprehensible.

I know you're getting sick of hearing about it, and so am I. It sounds like so much whining, I know - and the problem is, that a significant number of the whiners don't even know why the situation is so bad...they're just bandwagon whining. I'd like to think I'm seeing things clearly for what they are, though, and I can't help but feel mighty betrayed that after all the love we showed that guy, he'd turn around and handle his business so shabbily.

Sorry, but I can't cosign that bullshit. It's Grade A shitball behavior, and not the least bit excusable to me.

[/rant]