Arsis -- West Springfield, VA -- September 1st, 2014
Deep Purple -- Orlando, FL -- August 30th, 2014
Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30th, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014
Morbid Saint -- Riverview, MI -- August 30th, 2014

Old 10-08-2010, 01:57 PM
N00B

Immolation -- Milwaukee, WI -- October 7th, 2010

I got to the Rave at about 6:15 and the doors were not open. Blue October were also playing that night so there was a huge line. Then the doors opened for Immolation a few minutes later and I'm pretty sure I was the first one in. At about 7:15 Pathology came on and played for 30 minutes. They were an okay band, pretty generic technical death metal as far I could tell.

Next were Lecherous Nocturne who I also saw in April with Cannibal Corpse. They must have a new bassist because the guy playing for them was definitely not the same bassist from April. I wasn't crazy about them last time and I'm still not. They played for 30 minutes.

Abigail Williams played next and they actually weren't terrible. The vocalist/guitarist sucked, but the lead guitar play was really good and played some awesome riffs and leads. They also played 30 minutes.

Vader were next and had the largest crowd of about 100 people (pathetic). They played 45 minutes and ripped right through their set with barely any talking between songs. I can't get a setlist right now, but I know for certain they played Sothis and Blood of Kingu.

Immolation were next and about half of the crowd left, leaving an embarrassingly small crowd. But I guess it wasn't that bad because I didn't have to deal with any pushing/moshing. They destroyed, probably the best show I've seen all year (so far). They played 75 minutes and here is their set...

Intro
The Purge
Majesty and Decay
Once Ordained
Father, You're Not A Father
Hate's Plague
Close To A World Below
Nailed To Gold
A Glorious Epoch
Of Martyrs And Men
Interlude
A Thunderous Consequence
Those Left Behind
Away From God
Power And Shame
---
Harnessing Ruin

Great set, although it would have cool to hear Higher Coward or Lost Passion. But whatever, I heard Nailed To Gold and CTAWB.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Life Is My Own To Live My Own Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochen View Post
Blood of Kingu
Those Left Behind
Fuckin awesome, I wanna go to this Immolation is so good live!!!
8/23-Exodus, Malevolent Creation
8/25-Enthroned
10/22-Immolation, Vader
11/8-Nile
Old 10-08-2010, 08:02 PM
All Go, No Slow!

looks the same from when they played here, cept they played Immolation as a second encore for us
11/08 - Backslider
17/08 - The Sword.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:24 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Saw the same tour in Toronto this past Monday, Oct.1st. Immolation and Vader were awesome (in my opinion Vader should've headlined, they got a massive reception and half the crowd left after them at that show too), but the band I want to talk about is Abigail Williams.

I first saw them in January 2007 when they toured with Dark Funeral and Enslaved, and I couldn't belive it was the same band. Back then it was their black metalcore stage and I thought they were pretty good, now they came across as an Immortal tribute band. Totally different sound, attitude and look. I didn't even know it was them until the singer said it was, and they got ZERO crowd reaction. I know there's a lot of haters out there so I was expecting some boo's or catcalls, but nothing. They seemed really out of place on the bill with two death metal bands going on before and after. If anything, this incarnation of Abigail Williams would've probably worked better on the Dark Funeral tour.

There were about 200 people for Vader, about 100-150 for Immolation.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Altars of Radness

I'm really excited for this show! I've been dying to see Vader for a long time (I kept missing their numerous tours) and Immolation is great too. Now, while I do like Vader more than Immolation, I think it's stupid to leave before they play. I honestly don't get why you would leave unless you had to. Immolation and Vader are both great death metal bands, so why would you only see one and just go home? It just seems like a waste of money.

So if you're going to this show and you leave before Immolation, you're an idiot.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Face The Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I'm really excited for this show! I've been dying to see Vader for a long time (I kept missing their numerous tours) and Immolation is great too. Now, while I do like Vader more than Immolation, I think it's stupid to leave before they play. I honestly don't get why you would leave unless you had to. Immolation and Vader are both great death metal bands, so why would you only see one and just go home? It just seems like a waste of money.

So if you're going to this show and you leave before Immolation, you're an idiot.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:02 PM
We're dying on the inside

Vader was my first "true" death metal show back in 2006, I'd love to see them again but I think this tour hits Indy on a Wednesday night and I have to work late on Wednesdays. Ah well, I've seen both Immo and Vader before, and Abigail Williams and Lecherous Nocturne are of no interest to me.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

Quote:

Yeah pretty much this. I'll be going to this show tomorrow night and although I'm a much bigger Vader fan, there's absolutely no way in hell I'll miss Immolation. It doesn't seem like there should be THAT many Vader fans that don't like Immolation enough to even stay for their set.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:50 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:

Exactly how I thought when I saw them in Chicago. Vader definitely should have headlined, I would say 75% at that show were there to see just them (including me). I definitely wanted to get my money's worth though. Immolation is still a sick band. It was weird; a huge pit was going for all of Vader and it was nonexistant for Immolation

I was up front on the rail the whole time so I didn't care. Both bands killed it; felt that I enjoyed Vader much more though. First time seeing them, they did not disappoint.

Tags
immolation