Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014

Old 10-06-2010, 12:11 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
Well, we've seen the "darker" for lack of a better word, egomaniac side of Mike lately, so who knows what's gone on behind closed doors. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they fired him. Doubt it, but you never know. I always assumed he was a cool dude, but the way he's handled this I don't know anymore.
I did too, that's what makes it so hard. I met him 2 years ago and he seemed so gracious. I even have 3 pictures with him and got him to sign his signature snare drum I own. I really hope that we can find out more about what's going on.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:02 PM
That Guy

May or may not about to be banned from MP's forum. Let's see what happens kids.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:00 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
May or may not about to be banned from MP's forum. Let's see what happens kids.
I wanna see what you posted!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:18 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I wanna see what you posted!
I can't paste it here since it was deleted and I can't remember everything I wrote.

But long post short....

I basically told Mike to stop adding fuel to the fire and keep this shit Private. Either tell the full story or don't say anything. Because if you leave something out, it only adds rumors. Alienating fans is only going to make shit worse.

Wey, the administrator then sent me this message:

Quote:
The post was deleted last night for a reason, yet you decide to repost it, knowing full well that itís going to get you banned?
Which I followed with, trying to be as polite and respectful as possible:

Quote:
I re-posted it because I'm a fan of MP and I care about what he does.

I'm not trying to knock Mike at all. He's my favorite musician of all time. I just don't want Mike to be hated anymore then he is. everything that's going on with James LaBrie right now is just adding to the fire. I'm sick of seeing him get the reaction he's getting from everyone on the forum, and all over the internet.

I just want to let him, if he ever reads it, that I'm not taking sides. I don't want to. I want to be able to be a Dt fan and a MP fan without creating frustration between people who do take sides.

Although it's nowhere near the same level since I'm nowhere near as popular of a musician as MP is. I've been through it too. It just happened to me back on Memorial Day weekend this year. I know what he's going though, as little relation as it is.

Just like you, MP, DT, and all those apart of what's going on, I'm sick of this whole shitty situation. Breakups happen. But to have what's going on right now is the wrong way to do it. like what was mentioned in that thread. The professional way to handle it was to talk to James in Private. I get that MP wanted to express his feelings on this and I don't blame him for doing it. but all it's going to do is cause more bashing to happen in the future. Why, as a fan of both sides have to see them fight?

Bottom line. I know what I did. Is it ban-worthy? That's up to you. And I respect your decision on whatever you choose to do. I just want to say it again. I'm not intentionally bashing Mike in any way. If it appears that way, that is not what I'm going for. I just don't want to see my favorite musicians fight anymore. I at least hope Mike and you will understand that from a fan's point of view.

Please don't take this as if I'm trying to tell you or Mike how to do your jobs. I can't even begin to imagine all the shit both of you are going through right now since Mike broke the news. And if either of you took what I said as that, I am sorry. Like everyone else on the forum I'm just a concerned fan.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:14 AM
That Guy

Well unless something changes I'm not Banned. But here's what Mp had to say to a fellow member of the forum:

Quote:
Well this is just absolutely insane...

I have no idea what I said to insult everybody and how I ended up the bad guy here, but all this is EXACTLY why I am declining interview requests at the moment and why this is going to be my last post for a while...

I was totally dreading being misinterepreted, misunderstood and misrepresented...

I am really hurting badly over this....and this surely is not helping....

Smirnoff

Mike,

You have been an influence since my formative years as a drummer. You have bothered to come into House of Drumming and post an "open letter" basically saying "why don't you like me?"

That was many years ago....why bring that up now?????

Smirnoff

Between all that and the threads here lately getting deleted and the feud (which Randy Walker has explained a bit), don't you think that you AT LEAST owe an apology?

I dont know who I owe an apology to, but if you feel I owe you or the fan's one, I'm sorry if I hurt you in any way....

Smirnoff

How do you just press forward with deleting threads and pretending nothing happened?

Well actually, that's how alot of this started.....I DIDN'T "press foward with deleting threads and pretend nothing happened" (although now I kinda wished I did....)
I posted my reason why, and perhaps THAT was a mistake....but I thought I owed it to you guys to explain why the threads disappeared..

Smirnoff

Do you really think you are in the right here?

Honestly, I'm not exactly sure what I did wrong...I've always been very open, honest, genuine and don't beat around the bush or pull punches....

I was hurt that I was removed from the DT site and I was hurt by the "not sad at all" headline I read on Blabbermouth...(granted, I didnt hear the whole interview and was just shocked by the out of context headline...)

So for being duped by the media and speaking out on it, for that I am sorry as well...

Smirnoff

If all this continues, I would have to rethink my association with anyone like you. Sorry, but between your thing at The Drum Pad and what they have done for you

Huh??
I honestly have NO IDEA what you are referring to.....I have always had a GREAT relationship with them and am still great friends with Victor Salazar...if there is some bad blood happening there, I am completely oblivious to it...

Smirnoff

and you treating people like garbage lately, something's gotta give!

I honestly have no idea how I am "treating people like garbage lately" either?????
I have tried to be as respectful, delicate and sensitive as possible....

If anything, I have been the one taking a beating left, right & center...my facebook, twitter and other websites have been completely taken over by angry fans (f*ck A7X, f*ck you, etc etc)...people who have obviously not read my reasons and simply on the attack....

You have NO IDEA how hard it is to watch thousands upon thousand of these posts....when I have given my heart and soul to these "fans" for all these years...and I am more hurt than they are right now....yet still, I bite my lip and try my best to continue to be as respectful, delicate and sensitive as possible....

(I'm treating THEM like garbage lately????? I'm still baffled...)

Smirnoff

Please take a higher road and don't come off so childish and immature and bitter! I don't care if I get banned for saying all this, but you can't justify acting irrationally while saying "this is my site, I say what I want" thing. I have never seen so many people in complete disagreement with something you have said before. Maybe it's a sign to sit back, unplug that internet connection and really think about where you are as a person. Best wishes.

I will indeed do this.....Marlene and I have talked about this and I promised I was going to not read this stuff anymore and let it upset me....or chime in and post anymore either (she's probably gonna kill me for posting this!), but rather than NOT responding to this "open letter" and be perceived as somehow being "immature, bitter or childish", I decided to bite the bullet one last time, respond and properly sign off before disappearing...

Smirnoff

I hope you don't see this as me bashing you on any level. It's the honest assessment of what's been happening lately. I know you said that you hoped it wouldn't turn ugly. YOU started it.

I'm still not sure how *I* started it????
My reaction yesterday was just that....a *RE*action to an action (or two for that matter....even if one was "out of context")
That's not "starting"....that's "reacting"...

Smirnoff

Not anyone else's fault that the DT guys feel a sense of liberation from your controlling ways. Constant Motion, right? They can't win an argument... cause you always win. They should know it. Right?

Hey...this coming only a few sentences after saying you're not "bashing me on any level and an honest assessment of what's been happening lately"....
C'mon, that was a total cheap shot at me and not very nice at all...

Smirnoff

Keep the private matters private. Best of luck.

I do agree there as well....and it's probably nobody's business, but after reading that Blabbermouth headline, I emailed all 4 guys and none of them ever responded....
(and they still havent...)
I would've loved to have kept it private and hoped they would've responded when I reached out to them all, but they never did.....but then again, that's between us, so that's the last I will comment on that...

So being James never responded to me personally and chose to do it "publically", I'd like to publically apologize to him for apparently misunderstanding his quote out of context and deleting those threads...

(although I still cant understand why it's OK for DT.net to delete MP stuff, but not vise-versa....but it's OK....it's also the last I will comment on that as well!)

And on that note, it is time for me to retire from posting for a while....

Contrary to what many people are thinking and saying (both here on my beloved Forum or other places where I am somehow now "the bad guy"), I am indeed hurting over all of this.....contrary to yesterday's Blabbermouth headline, *I* am indeed VERY sad over all of this....

These additional posts have already gone way too far (whether sensationalized by the media or simply read by the fans) and I need the 3 stickied threads (the press release, the Eddie Trunk interview, and my note to Forum) as well as one upcoming exclusive interview witg PROG magazine, to be all I say for a while....

Even in these tough times, I love you all dearly and cherish the relationship that I have developed with you all for all these years....

Please try to understand my situation and know it's been the hardest thing I've ever done....but it does NOT have to change anything between US!!

Over & Out,
MP
Old 10-07-2010, 04:01 AM
Resident old fart

How amazingly retarded is it that he expects his shit to be promoted on dreamtheater.net when he isn't in fucking Dream Theater anymore? You don't see Slash stuff on the GNR site. Mike is delusional.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:41 PM
N00B

What blows my mind is how he expected fans of Dream Theater to approve his leaving yet stay in Avenged Sevenfold (now for the full album cycle). Especially with how a lot of people don't like Avenged in the first place. A lot of fans probably felt betrayed that he left for a mainstream band. But those are just my thoughts.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:53 PM
That Guy

I just read this...

Quote:
Hello
We have been notified that the James LaBrie tour for Nov - Dec has been cancelled
All tickets are being refunded this evening
We apologize for this and was just given the info approx 5 minutes ago
We ask for everyone to be patient as we have over 500 tickets sold and this will take throughout the night into tommorrow and then your credits will appear on your credit card statements sometime soon after
but we can assure you all tickets will be refunded
John
Enterthevault.com
Old 10-28-2010, 05:21 PM
That Guy

From James LaBrie's Twitter:

Quote:
Hey Everyone,
Yes it's unfortunately true. We ran into a big snag with immigration and work visas so at this point we had no option but to cancel. This is a big blow to all of us in the band. I feel sick about this. We have such an in...credible band and there was nothing more we wanted to do than play this for the fans. It's not good no matter how u look at this. I am deeply sorry and will do all I can to make this up to you once we figure it out.
Peace,
James.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:01 PM
I know the songs you're singing saying nothing loud and clear I've heard that song a thousand times

Damn, I was thinking up about going to see him, but hopefully he tour again soon later in 2011.
7/24 - NIN/Soundgarden
8/28 - Linkin Park