Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, ON -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 10-04-2010, 06:33 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I've played at a lot of venues respectable touring acts play at, most of these places will have local shows all the time. That doesn't mean doing a 20+ city tour of them as a headliner is a good decision.
While that is true. I do believe there is a big enough audience, even without DT playing behind him, for him to pull off this tour. Considering his backing band, I except at least half packed shows throughout most of the tour.

That and tickets are 15 bucks for the Station 4 show. Hell even if I never hear back from the promoter, I'm going if it's only 15 bucks.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:49 PM
N00B

He might be able to pull it off, but I saw LOG play at the ventura theater and its pretty good size. I might be underestimating the DT fanbase.
10/3 Anathema/ Alcest
10/4 Mark Lanegan
11/1 Dax Riggs
11/8 LOG/KSE
12/12 High on Fire
2/22 DT/OG
Old 10-05-2010, 02:47 PM
N00B

Didn't Dream Theater tell Mike Portnoy that they didn't want to take a break which is why he left. Or is this solo tour because Mike Portnoy left DT?
Old 10-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Resident old fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
Didn't Dream Theater tell Mike Portnoy that they didn't want to take a break which is why he left. Or is this solo tour because Mike Portnoy left DT?
DT is starting back up in January. Mike wanted to take a multi-year break, not just a typical working band break.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:17 AM
Resident old fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Portnoy View Post
I'm afraid your eyes are not playing tricks on you....

I was willing to ignore that the DT guys insisted all MP-related stuff be removed from DT.net....but then on Monday, reading the Blabbermouth headlines with James insensitively proclaiming they are "not sad at all" about my departure from DT, I cannot in happy standing "promote" his solo tour....

I am so sad it's come to this, but I am even more shocked and hurt by James' completely disrespectful quote......

MP
This is from mikeportnoy.com. They removed the thread talking about LaBrie's tour dates. What a fucking crybaby. Waa Waa Waa they aren't up at night dreaming of me waa waa waa. Fucking fag. I've about had it with that guy. This whole thing has made me lose respect for him. Not because of what happened, but how he's handled it, with his constant bitchfest.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:38 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
This is from mikeportnoy.com. They removed the thread talking about LaBrie's tour dates. What a fucking crybaby. Waa Waa Waa they aren't up at night dreaming of me waa waa waa. Fucking fag. I've about had it with that guy. This whole thing has made me lose respect for him. Not because of what happened, but how he's handled it, with his constant bitchfest.
I was just about to post this. I didn't know you were on the Forum.

It does suck being thee right now. before all of this MP use to be cool. He would talk in threads that didn't have to do with himself and care about the fans. Now it seems like all he wants is for everyone to deal with the fact that he's staying in A7X *although that's not official...yet!*
Old 10-06-2010, 02:07 AM
Resident old fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I was just about to post this. I didn't know you were on the Forum.

It does suck being thee right now. before all of this MP use to be cool. He would talk in threads that didn't have to do with himself and care about the fans. Now it seems like all he wants is for everyone to deal with the fact that he's staying in A7X *although that's not official...yet!*
I knew someone from here was there besides me because I've seen several posts that were posted verbatim both here and there, but I couldn't remember the usernames.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:18 AM
Resident old fart

Quote:
I knew someone from here was there besides me because I've seen several posts that were posted verbatim both here and there, but I couldn't remember the usernames.
BTW, looks like they removed your last post. Par for the course for that place.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:59 AM
That Guy

Quote:
BTW, looks like they removed your last post. Par for the course for that place.
Yeah, that's Wey for you....

In speaking of my theory...

Ever since Kevin Moore left Dream Theater, Mike Portnoy took over as the leader/tyrant *depending on how you look at it* since 1994. Since that day every descion was made by MP and MP alone. The other guys would occasionally get asked what they thought. JP would handle most vocal duties, everyone else would do as they were told.

Fast forward to 2010. The other guys in the band didn't want to wait around for Mike to go back to Dream Theater "when he felt like it" and more importantly didn't want to be under the tirade anymore of Mike being the leader of the band. So they decided to keep going without him.

Makes sense to me. it's happened in every band I've been apart of in some way. Usually always the singer.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:27 AM
Resident old fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Yeah, that's Wey for you....

In speaking of my theory...

Ever since Kevin Moore left Dream Theater, Mike Portnoy took over as the leader/tyrant *depending on how you look at it* since 1994. Since that day every descion was made by MP and MP alone. The other guys would occasionally get asked what they thought. JP would handle most vocal duties, everyone else would do as they were told.

Fast forward to 2010. The other guys in the band didn't want to wait around for Mike to go back to Dream Theater "when he felt like it" and more importantly didn't want to be under the tirade anymore of Mike being the leader of the band. So they decided to keep going without him.

Makes sense to me. it's happened in every band I've been apart of in some way. Usually always the singer.
Well, we've seen the "darker" for lack of a better word, egomaniac side of Mike lately, so who knows what's gone on behind closed doors. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they fired him. Doubt it, but you never know. I always assumed he was a cool dude, but the way he's handled this I don't know anymore.