Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Old 10-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
What is Scion?
They make cars and sponsor amazing festivals and tours, which are usually free.
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 10-04-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

In the crusty's defense, 90% of crust punk is unbelievably better than most of the bands playing at this thing.
I realize that doesn't effect the bitching at all, but, I feel it should be noted.
Hunx and His Punx played here. Yeah.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
In the crusty's defense, 90% of crust punk is unbelievably better than most of the bands playing at this thing.
I realize that doesn't effect the bitching at all, but, I feel it should be noted.
Hunx and His Punx played here. Yeah.
It's not even fair to lump in the majority of the bands that played the Garage fest with underground crust bands, though. Too different.
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 10-04-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
I hate the street punk scene way more tho. They're just pure fashion and sing about "Oi,up the Punxx,fuck emo,Get bush out of office!" etc. They dont know wtf theyre talkin about. And sadly thats all punk has to offer nowadays besides
lol agreed about the street punk scene. i know a lot of people that are into that scene here and it's lame. thankfully some of my friends from that group are finally getting out of that scene and moving forward with their lives (not dressing like punks anymore, getting jobs, going back to school, not drinking and doing drugs all the time, etc). i know a looot of punks that are 18-21 that have been doing the same thing since they were 15, which is not going to school, going to punk gigs every weekend, drinking 40's of King Cobra almost every day at random spots, and basically not progessing in life at all. and it's sad to say that they all hang out and know a lot of street punks that are doing the same thing when they're 25. the few punk gigs i've been to had a grip of kids that are 15 or so and they were all "street punk'd out" with their clothing and were all really wasted. alot of these punks also hate on music that isn't street punk and talk a lot of shit about mainstream punk bands or mainstream artists in general.

just a random rant i felt like throwing in there. i'm also from LA so you probably know what i'm talking about with the street punk scene. that scene has been huge in the LA county for a good awhile now and i don't see it fading any time soon.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X

Last edited by xStructualDefect; 10-05-2010 at 04:23 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:47 PM
In Search of Truth

I know I shouldn't, but I still completely every time I see the word "crust" referred to as a musical subgenre.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

I was heavily into various genres of punk music for several years (during that time I did shun the majority of other music). However, I never saw the appeal of the "street punk" scene (squatting in run down buildings, drinking and doing drugs is a waste of life). I grew out of only listening to punk and I'm glad I did because I was missing out on so much great music. I'm not surprised the punks are against show since it's sponsor by a corporate entity. My opinion free is free, as long as the company isn't involved in child slavery, genocide, terrorism, animal cruelty, etc it's fine by me.

Last edited by evildeadjedi; 10-04-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:28 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I know I shouldn't, but I still completely every time I see the word "crust" referred to as a musical subgenre.

"Hey man, check this band out! This shit is crusty!"
Old 10-04-2010, 05:46 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

the best genre: trashcore crustgrinders
Old 10-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Face The Slayer

I don't know about you guys, but I've met some pretty open-minded punks in my area. But when you put these "ethos" on paper, they don't sound good.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I've met some pretty open-minded punks in my area. But when you put these "ethos" on paper, they don't sound good.
By all means lets be open minded, but not so open minded our brains fall out. Punks in my area are so "open minded" they experiment with their sexuality. AKA: Engage in gay sex acts even though they consider themselves straight. Not that they get any pleasure out of it. They call it "open sexuality," actually. Not bisexuality. It's like a requirement to be a punk... to "experiment." I actually don't mind the fashion, what pisses me off is their close-mindedness towards music genres outside of punk. Most metal fans listen to different shit. Not punks... at least not in my area.