Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014

Old 10-03-2010, 01:14 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Fuck punk ethos.

I dunno. Some post on a stupid website has been eating at me a lot lately.

There's a forum for DIY-type shows in and around Kansas City. Someone posted a link about the Scion Garage Fest, and some people got fucking pissed saying that Scion is a huge corporation and ruining the spirit of DIY/punk shows and will have their ads everywhere during the fest and we should all boycott it and go to other shows.

There were NO SCION AD'S AT ALL last night during the fest. And even if there were, it's not like Scion is some fascist corporation that tests shit on animals or uses sweatshops or something. Shit, they sponsor fantastic music fests/tours of all types and help up-and-coming bands get noticed. I can't speak for the Scion Rock Fest, but there were absolutely no traces of any Scion advertisements at either of the venues I was at.

I just think it's fucking bullshit that if you're a "punk" that you have to believe this certain set of rules and act a certain way. Just because the show is at a legitimate venue instead of a fucking broken-down house with boarded-up windows for free doesn't mean it's "killing the punk spirit." This is why I can't stand crusty's when music is involved at all. They are totally nice people but as soon as their at a concert or any music is brought up, they are straight-up dumbasses.

Go ahead and bring your homemade wine to share with your friends while you bust out every window at the flat the next hardcore show is at, I'll be at a real venue enjoying music without having to worry about douchebags.

tl;dr: Punk music is fine, but the attitude with it is fucking stupid.
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 10-03-2010, 02:44 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
the attitude with it is fucking stupid.
You could have saved yourself some time and just posted this.

20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
Old 10-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Regretting my username

I didn't see any advertisements at Scion Rock Fest, that I remember at least. Shit, I was bombarded with more ads from the different beer companies and shitty upcoming shows featured on the posters around the bar.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Altars of Radness

This reminds me of my friend, who loves the local hardcore scene (as in real hardcore). He once said he hates going to shows with stages because that means the band is getting more popular.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

I hate crustys to the max,i think thats why i cant get into the music. Unpolitical Crust rules. For being peace punks,they bitch about everything. And their politic ideals are stupid and pointless. Scion advertises by giving free shirts. Now thats punk rock. I say we start a crust band and sing about shit theyre against."i love eating meat and wearing fur coats,im a republican,feminist are not hot" etc.
9/12-Samhain/Goatwhore
10/31-King Diamond
Old 10-03-2010, 10:34 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

just replaced punk with metal in your post and also agreed
Old 10-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

The only "punk" ethos I disagree with is the idea that your supposed to hate an artist when they get rich and famous, and I'm pretty sure real punks are wondering how the hell that one slipped into the rulebook.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:50 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

...because it's cool to like bands that nobody else likes?
Which reminds me of this

Last edited by TonyD; 10-03-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
...because it's cool to like bands that nobody else likes?
Bullshit faggot snobbery.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

pssssh when ur first get into punk thats the "Rule" to hate known bands. I hated Rancid,Bad Religion,etc at first. But i was so sure the world had no idea about The Ramones and Sid Vicious. I was in middle skool. By high skool i didnt give a fuck no more. Rancid was one of my(and still is) my all time favorite punk bands. I hate the street punk scene way more tho. They're just pure fashion and sing about "Oi,up the Punxx,fuck emo,Get bush out of office!" etc. They dont know wtf theyre talkin about. And sadly thats all punk has to offer nowadays besides new hardcore which you open minded metalheads seem to know. The punk stereotype towards metalheads was that they were closed minded. And studying the metal scene for like a year and something the metal scene is WAY more open minded and smart. I love punk rock,but the scene is total bullshit. Metal still offers a bunch of generes which is great. The only thing lame is the back yard thrash scene that cover Troops of Doom 3 times and say stupid shit like "Thrash Til Death! and See Ya In The Pit!". I didnt even notice how lame it was til RJ pointed it out. Plus I hardly see fights over stupid shit at any metal shows.
9/12-Samhain/Goatwhore
10/31-King Diamond