Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014
Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014

Old 09-30-2010, 12:59 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Unhappy TESLA's Recording Studio Destroyed In Fire

Quote:
According to KCRA.com, a fire early this morning (Thursday, September 30) burned the Sacramento recording studio of the rock band TESLA and a residence next door.

The blaze broke out just before 2 a.m. and resulted in the loss of some of the band's memorabilia.

According to KCRA.com, firefighters could be seen carrying musical instruments from the damaged studio, which is run by TESLA's bassist, Brian Wheat.

The cause of the fire is under investigation
SOURCE There's video at the source.

That really sucks big time. I hope they're insured. I would imagine they are.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Wrath!

I once had a dream that this happened to Wintersun. So much fuckrage while sleeping. Hope no unfinished recordings are destroyed for these guys.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Concert Veteran

This makes sense since their career was destroyed by fire in 1995.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:15 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careenifier View Post
I once had a dream that this happened to Wintersun. So much fuckrage while sleeping. Hope no unfinished recordings are destroyed for these guys.
I nearly had a heart attack at the prospect of that happening to Wintersun.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:02 PM
sheds on white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careenifier View Post
Hope no unfinished recordings are destroyed for these guys.
That would fuckin suck for them if there were
Old 09-30-2010, 09:32 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
This makes sense since their career was destroyed by fire in 1995.
Well I just lost a bit of respect for you.

-Into the Now is one of my favorite Tesla records. I rank it above all but the first 2 albums. All things considered it was one HELL of a comeback album.

-They are still great live. Jeff Keith's voice is kinda shot but they make due. I've seen them live six times and every show has been great.

-They are hardly hurting for popularity. They are actually far outranking bands that were much more successful than them back in the day in terms of albums sold for newer albums and tickets moved for shows. The last time i saw them they had sold out a 2,000-capacity venue on their own. Not many bands from their general musical time period and movement can still do what they do. Their career is CERTAINLY far from dead.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:49 PM
sheds on white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post

-Into the Now is one of my favorite Tesla records. I rank it above all but the first 2 albums. All things considered it was one HELL of a comeback album.

-They are still great live. Jeff Keith's voice is kinda shot but they make due. I've seen them live six times and every show has been great.

-They are hardly hurting for popularity. They are actually far outranking bands that were much more successful than them back in the day in terms of albums sold for newer albums and tickets moved for shows. The last time i saw them they had sold out a 2,000-capacity venue on their own. Not many bands from their general musical time period and movement can still do what they do. Their career is CERTAINLY far from dead.
Word. Tesla is very underrated in my opinion.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:59 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post

Well at least you have some respect for me even if it did go down. But I gotta confess that i've paid zero attention to Telsa since their break up in the mid 90s. I looked them up though and I had no idea that they've been back together since 2000 and have released four other albums. I know they've done some touring but I wasn't aware how much they've released since coming back.

I liked their old stuff so i'll give the new material a try.