Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014
Styx -- Peachtree City, GA -- September 27th, 2014

Old 09-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Custom User Title

Fuck Live Nation

Rant below.

So I got tickets to see Slash. Floor tickets. A few days before the concert I get a call saying the venue has been changed. The venue it was changed to sucks. It has horrible sound, pillars on the main floor, and if you are under 18 (like me) you are fenced off to the side of the stage at at ~110 degree angle. I would otherwise get a refund, but one of my friends is a huge fan and I was going with some people I had never gone to a concert with before, so I figured that I'd just suck it up and enjoy myself.

We get there, and are told by security that those under 18 and/or without ID (including some obvious adults) have to watch from the balcony. We go upstairs to the balcony, and are confronted by a huge line. For an hour, we sit in line. Occasionally, people would get tired and leave. By the time the line started moving, the opening band had been on for about twenty minutes. When we get to the end of the line, we ask the ticket takes if the rumors we heard of it being literally impossible to see are true. They tell us no, the view is perfectly fine, and they grab our tickets from our hands and rip them. We go in.

It turns out the rumors were true. We literally had to watch the band from windows at the back of the venue. Most of the windows were so crowded with people it was impossible to see through them. The windows also were detrimental to the sound of the show. Seeing this, we just left in disgust. Now we have ticket stubs and have to bitch at Live Nation until we get some money back. Fuck Live Nation.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:32 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

That actually like one of the worst venues I have ever heard of. Unfortunately, you've no standing whatsoever on getting a refund. Once you attend the concert and your ticket is scanned, short of the band not showing up for the headline performance, or the gig being cancelled, you're not entitled to a refund.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Concert Veteran

You're not getting any money back. The show took place and you went. LiveNation isn't responsible for the venue setup or how they run it so I don't think there is any chance of a refund.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:37 PM
Bobb O)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
That actually like one of the worst venues I have ever heard of. Unfortunately, you've no standing whatsoever on getting a refund. Once you attend the concert and your ticket is scanned, short of the band not showing up for the headline performance, or the gig being cancelled, you're not entitled to a refund.
it's true. i can't believe that though, what the fuck venue is that?
10/4-Melvins
Old 09-29-2010, 05:39 PM
N00B

As much as LiveNation can blow me, sounds like Slash's fault for not selling any tickets.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:41 PM
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt11763 View Post
it's true. i can't believe that though, what the fuck venue is that?
It used to be a bar/club or something I think. Now every metal tour between the size of a club show and the size of somebody like Megadeth gets booked there. The security told me that the setup was Live Nation's specific orders, although they might have been lying to me too.This is it. If you talk to any metal fan in the city of Edmonton, especially one under 18, they will bitch about it to you.

EDIT: I should also add that the place was oversold. People were packed in the floor, other balconies, etc. There were a significant amount of people, especially those under 18, who just left without entering.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:23 PM
I can't stop thinking big

Wow...
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 09-30-2010, 03:40 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

I'd like to see pictures of the stage from the underage section just to see how bad it really is.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Sounds more like the venue's fault than Live Nation's. That's still bullshit, though.