The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-26-2010, 10:24 PM
D.B.B.

The Iron Maidens -- Santa Fe Springs, CA -- September 25th, 2010

These lady's really need to change their sets! Pretty much the same shit I saw them do the last two times they played this venue. I guess my nagging for them to play more newer songs are being ignored. And no Hallowed?! The fuck?!

Set one
Aces high
2 Minutes to Midnight
Killers
Tailgunner
Can i play with Madness
Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)
Flight of Icarus
The Prisoner
fear of the Dark
22 Acacia Ave.

Set Two
Invaders
Wasted Years
The Wicker man
The Clairvoyant
The Trooper (Feat. Phil Campbell of Motorhead)
Sun and Steel
Children of the Dammed
Running Free
Phantom of the Opera

Set Three
Be Quick or Be Dead
Die with Your Boots on
Sea of Madness
The Number of the Beast
Guitar Solo
Moonchild
Transylvania
Alexander the Great
Murders in the Rue Mourge
The Evil that Men Do
Run to the Hills
Old 09-26-2010, 10:33 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Was John of Warbringer there? I think he's dating the lead singer.
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 09-27-2010, 01:02 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Was John of Warbringer there? I think he's dating the lead singer.
Nah he's on tour right now. He's been with the guitar player for a long while now. I always see them at Warbringer shows or at her (Courtney's her name) band's shows. They even remember me at the shows
Old 09-27-2010, 04:00 AM
N00B

Well at least they played Alexander the Great. If a tribute band can do it then the REAL Iron Maiden can too.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:54 AM
N00B

I agree they should change it up a bit... that set list looks a lot like the same one they played when I last saw them in '08! It's cool that they play the rarer songs like Sea Of Madness and Alexander the Great though. I hope to eventually see the real Maiden play those songs. Sure glad I saw Iced Earth instead. Though I have been meaning to see Maidens again since the last time I saw them Aja Kim was still their vocalist. I especially gotta see them now that there's more hot chicks in the band besides Wanda lol
6/14 Mötley Crüe (Working)
6/24 Children of Bodom
7/22 Soundgarden (Working)
Old 09-27-2010, 08:46 AM
Concert Veteran

Regardless of weather a tribute band of all things needs to change their set, all three sets are still better than the one Maiden gave us this summer
Old 09-27-2010, 08:53 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Regardless of weather a tribute band of all things needs to change their set, all three sets are still better than the one Maiden gave us this summer
For the thousandth time, there was nothing wrong with this past summer's Maiden setlist. I felt really lucky to have seen that show, because we sure as fuck aren't ever getting anything like it again.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
For the thousandth time, there was nothing wrong with this past summer's Maiden setlist. I felt really lucky to have seen that show, because we sure as fuck aren't ever getting anything like it again.
Well I can point out a few things wrong with it but the show I went to I was in the GA pit for and it was very enjoyable. It's just I grew up with the older Maiden stuff and I favor that over the newer materal despite how great some of the reunion material is.

While I enjoyed the show, I still felt there was something missing from it for me and that comes back to the lack of older stuff. I'm not knocking the newer material at all it's just I prefer the old material more.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:30 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Well I can point out a few things wrong with it but the show I went to I was in the GA pit for and it was very enjoyable. It's just I grew up with the older Maiden stuff and I favor that over the newer materal despite how great some of the reunion material is.

While I enjoyed the show, I still felt there was something missing from it for me and that comes back to the lack of older stuff. I'm not knocking the newer material at all it's just I prefer the old material more.
That's what the somewhere back in time tour was for. Did you not go to that tour? I felt the set list was perfect except for Number Of The Beast and Hallowed Be Thy Name... I love those songs but they're a bit overrated. I would've preferred some old rarer songs instead. I also would've liked to see them do both Paschendale and Dance Of Death as opposed to them being rotated. But frankly I don't give a shit, Maiden is my favorite band of all time. I felt so lucky to be so close to them in the pit
6/14 Mötley Crüe (Working)
6/24 Children of Bodom
7/22 Soundgarden (Working)
Old 09-27-2010, 11:19 AM
somebody somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky4502 View Post
That's what the somewhere back in time tour was for. Did you not go to that tour? I felt the set list was perfect except for Number Of The Beast and Hallowed Be Thy Name... I love those songs but they're a bit overrated. I would've preferred some old rarer songs instead. I also would've liked to see them do both Paschendale and Dance Of Death as opposed to them being rotated. But frankly I don't give a shit, Maiden is my favorite band of all time. I felt so lucky to be so close to them in the pit
i agree with sanitarium about my show,i feel the same way.I'm sure he went to the somewhere back in time tour,so did i.i just don't understand why it's one extreme or the other with maidens' set lists.

Tags
the iron maidens