Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 09-28-2010, 05:35 PM
MY LEG!!

Iron Maiden to tour in 2011.

Source: Iron Maiden Fan Club Magazine Issue 87

"Next year's tour promises to be out of this world. No pun intended!" - Laz

"We will be back on tour sometime in 2011, looking forward to playing some songs from the new album live for the first time." - Steve Harris

I hope they play a lot of stuff off The X Factor and Virtual XI!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:40 PM
We're dying on the inside

See you in London if it's summer and Cleveland/Chicago if it's not!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

At least its "some" this time. Here's hoping those assholes learned their lesson.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

AMOLAD tour > your family.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 09-28-2010, 05:51 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
At least its "some" this time. Here's hoping those assholes learned their lesson.

I am actually very upset they're not doing the full album. Mostly because I am pretty fucking sure they'll drop the ball setlist wise if they don't. All of the tracks on the new album are good enough that they deserve to be played live once, so only choosing to do 6 period is stupid. Now, if Maiden were other bands, they would do 4 of the same tunes every night and leave 2 or 3 spots to rotate the rest around so they could play them all. But they won't. They'll do 6 new songs and that will be it - tough titty for the other 4.

Also, I'm sorry but again, this is Maiden, not other bands. Consider what we're getting if they DON'T play new songs on an album tour... I'd much rather see Starblind or Isle of Avalon for the first (and only) time than 2 Minutes to Midnight or Wrathchild for the who-knows-what at this point. Especially because let's face it, Maiden will do at least one straight hits tour before retirement, those songs ALWAYS have more chances to be played live.

Now, if instead of the whole album, Maiden decides to play great songs they haven't played to death over the past ten years, that'd be great. But they won't. The set will most likely look something like this:

01.The Final Frontier
02.El Dorado
03.Wrathchild
04.2 Minutes to Midnight
05.The Trooper
06.Mother of Mercy
07.Coming Home
08.The Evil That Men Do
09.Brave New World
10.The Clairvoyant
11.When the Wild Wind Blows (because it's Steve's song, so let's face it, they're gonna do it)
12.Fear of the Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.Number of the Beast
15.Run to the Hills
16.Hallowed Be Thy Name
Old 09-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Now, if Maiden were other bands, they would do 4 of the same tunes every night and leave 2 or 3 spots to rotate the rest around so they could play them all. But they won't. They'll do 6 new songs and that will be it - tough titty for the other 4.
I actually think that's a good idea.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:59 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
I actually think that's a good idea.
Which do you think is a good idea? A rotation or only arbitrarily playing 6 of the 10 songs?
Old 09-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Bruce can stick the mic up his asshole and Steve can dropkick him in the stomach over and over again and I'd still go as long as it came to KC.
09/26 - Black Cobra
09/29 - Interpol
Old 09-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Bobb O)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Bruce can stick the mic up his asshole and Steve can dropkick him in the stomach over and over again and I'd still go as long as it came to KC.
i literally lol'd
10/4-Melvins
Old 09-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post

I am actually very upset they're not doing the full album. Mostly because I am pretty fucking sure they'll drop the ball setlist wise if they don't. All of the tracks on the new album are good enough that they deserve to be played live once, so only choosing to do 6 period is stupid. Now, if Maiden were other bands, they would do 4 of the same tunes every night and leave 2 or 3 spots to rotate the rest around so they could play them all. But they won't. They'll do 6 new songs and that will be it - tough titty for the other 4.

Also, I'm sorry but again, this is Maiden, not other bands. Consider what we're getting if they DON'T play new songs on an album tour... I'd much rather see Starblind or Isle of Avalon for the first (and only) time than 2 Minutes to Midnight or Wrathchild for the who-knows-what at this point. Especially because let's face it, Maiden will do at least one straight hits tour before retirement, those songs ALWAYS have more chances to be played live.

Now, if instead of the whole album, Maiden decides to play great songs they haven't played to death over the past ten years, that'd be great. But they won't. The set will most likely look something like this:

01.The Final Frontier
02.El Dorado
03.Wrathchild
04.2 Minutes to Midnight
05.The Trooper
06.Mother of Mercy
07.Coming Home
08.The Evil That Men Do
09.Brave New World
10.The Clairvoyant
11.When the Wild Wind Blows (because it's Steve's song, so let's face it, they're gonna do it)
12.Fear of the Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.Number of the Beast
15.Run to the Hills
16.Hallowed Be Thy Name
I like the set you've come up with here. Mainly because POM, PS and SSOASS are represented. That was the main thing that was missing for me with this summer's set. I don't give a fuck if they've played the songs over and over as long as those albums make an appearance in the set i'm fine with whatever they do off them.

Also, there is nothing wrong with WTWWB. I think it's a very good epic. I think Starblind needs to be in the set to. You're right this would be the better album to do in full live. The only reunion album I like better is BNW.

I still don't understand how they are not bored to death with Wrathchild by now