Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014
Styx -- Peachtree City, GA -- September 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 09-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
What ever happened to VH1 rock honors? Did that happen last year and I missed it?
Somebody should get a real R&R or Metal hall of fame together and do it right...
The last time they did it it was an entire tribute to the Who, which was completely unnecessary, as they are already in the RNRHOF. Sure so was Queen, but at least they were rounded out with Priest. Vh1 tries to put out a real hard rock awards show every few years or so but it then bombs because they don't draw enough ratings. Back in 2000 I think it was my Vh1 awards.
Metal awards shows just don't bring in ad revenue and ratings.

I don't have anything against the Beastie Boys, but there has to be some artist more influential to hip hop for the time between them and Run DMC. Treacherous Three perhaps? Weren't the Beastie Boys nominated like 3 years ago only for nothing to happen?

Also, I'll be shocked if a) Alice Cooper does makes it, b) Neil Diamond doesn't make it. Those Rolling Stone faggots eat that lame soft rock "honest music" crap up. But then again for some reason Hall & Oates aren't in there either.

In regards to Alice, remember Kiss got nominated and nothing happened, which then precipitated a massive butthurt outrage from Eddie Trunk.

If the Muslims bomb the RNRHOF ceremony, I will personally volunteer to help build the Mosque by ground zero. Shit if they bomb Rolling Stone headquarters, the RNRHOF itself and the ceremony all at the same time, I'll fucking convert to Allah and pray for the death of my infidel Jewish brothers.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:44 PM
In Search of Truth

The biggest reason this is all bullshit is that it's entirely about commercial popularity and whose sold the most albums, not about innovation or who actually deserves the most respect. I won't even touch a lot of these, but are they seriously about to induct Bon Jovi (who I actually legitimately like, on the whole), when Deep fucking Purple still isn't in this thing? Seriously?
Old 09-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
The biggest reason this is all bullshit is that it's entirely about commercial popularity and whose sold the most albums, not about innovation or who actually deserves the most respect. I won't even touch a lot of these, but are they seriously about to induct Bon Jovi (who I actually legitimately like, on the whole), when Deep fucking Purple still isn't in this thing? Seriously?
I kind of agree and disagree. Kiss and Red Hot Chili Peppers were up for it last year, but they didn't get in. Sure, ABBA got in and has sold more albums than them, but I don't think Jimmy Cliff or The Stooges have.
10/05 - Macabre
10/07 - Knuckle Puck
Old 09-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

im LL Cool J all the way.
10/31-King Diamond
Old 09-28-2010, 01:50 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I kind of agree and disagree. Kiss and Red Hot Chili Peppers were up for it last year, but they didn't get in. Sure, ABBA got in and has sold more albums than them, but I don't think Jimmy Cliff or The Stooges have.
I see your point. It seems to me like commercial success only means something when it's metal/hard rock. Other genres of music are generally getting inducted based on influence and innovation.

At this point, given years of eligibility, there's absolutely no reason why all of these bands shouldn't be in:
Deep Purple, Thin Lizzy, UFO, Kiss, Rush, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Motorhead.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:11 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

They are putting LL cool J and The beastie boys for possible inductions but Maiden,Priest and Rush arent even in there yet.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

ahem...

WHERE THE FUCK IS RUSH?!?!

These people who pick this stuff fucking suck.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:19 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
ahem...

WHERE THE FUCK IS RUSH?!?!

These people who pick this stuff fucking suck.
Really
Old 09-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

My local newspaper's blog had a month-long bitchfit that Rush hasn't even been nominated. Rush and Deep Purple are LONG overdue. When Metallica got inducted, they said they wanted Alice Cooper in, so we'll see!
10/05 - Macabre
10/07 - Knuckle Puck
Old 09-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
My local newspaper's blog had a month-long bitchfit that Rush hasn't even been nominated. Rush and Deep Purple are LONG overdue. When Metallica got inducted, they said they wanted Alice Cooper in, so we'll see!
Rush is ranked #3 in the amount of consecutive gold/platinum albums recieved, behind The Beatles and Michael Jackson if I'm not mistaken. You think that the people that pick this would be looking at stupid statistics like that, such as sales, ect.

That kind of makes me wonder what the hell makes an artist "worthy" of the almighty Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.