Alter Bridge -- Atlanta, GA -- April 19th, 2014
Megadeth -- Las Vegas, NV -- April 17th, 2014
Gotthard -- Zürich, Switzerland -- April 11th, 2014
Ghost -- St. Louis, MO -- April 20th, 2014

Old 09-27-2010, 03:01 AM
The time has come for all to see the men behind the curtain cast into disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by xskizzelzx90x View Post
honestly, I love disturbed I really do (give me all the shit you want on that, Ive just always loved their cds). but live...theyve always struck me as a HUGE disappointment. theyre just BORING.
You think so? I've seen them twice and they were great both times. They aren't exactly the most energetic band live, but they still put on a pretty good show. They always sound spot on.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:00 AM
N00B

I'm assuming "brief stints" means not a full fledged tour. They've toured with Korn twice: Korn's Pop Sux Tour in 02 when Disturbed was the direct support, and Ozzfest 2003. They already co-headlined with Slipknot on Mayhem 2008, SOAD on Ozzfest 2006.

Also, they haven't even finished the Uproar tour and they're already discussing MAAW V for next year. Meh. Point is, this other band better be someone massive or special since i've seen Disturbed 3 times since 2008, and they've become quite predictable. If I knew about this I wouldn't have shelled out the money for the Uproar show.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:00 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
My girlfriend is like in love with them, so I have to pretend I don't kinda hate them around her. It gets pretty difficult.
Why? Is she 12 or something?

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Old 09-27-2010, 08:03 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
but live...theyve always struck me as a HUGE disappointment. theyre just BORING
Agree completely with this. I don't hate them. I don't love them either, but their CDs are OK. I was expecting a high-energy show when I saw them a couple of years back but they were so dull the next time I had the chance to see them, for free, I left after the support act (Shinedown, who were OK).

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Old 09-27-2010, 08:07 AM
not a N00B

Do not want.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:31 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
honestly, I love disturbed I really do (give me all the shit you want on that, Ive just always loved their cds). but live...theyve always struck me as a HUGE disappointment. theyre just BORING. Ive been to a fair amount of shows and Ive seen SO much more energy (while still sounding great) from bands that I dont like anywhere near as much
I hate to repeat this like a 3rd or 4th time, but Im mostly curious about this "MAJOR CO-HEADLINER". Im still praying draiman actually said this, too
First of all welcome to the board. Hopefully being one of the few female posters on here won't scare you off like it's done for some others. Speaking of which does anyone know what happened to The Green And Black? She posted on here pretty regularly for a bit then just disappeared.

Anyways, as for Disturbed's performances being boring live and the band lacking energy I kind of agree. Did you ever see them in a small/medium sized place though? I saw them play a venue last tour where the capacity was about 5-6 thousand and it was a really good show. Maybe in those types of places they are more comfortable in than the bigger amphitheaters and arenas.

As to who the major co-headliner is? Who really knows? Drainman is very overdramatic whenever he talks so I wouldn't worry too much about how he's building this up. When they annouce it, they announce it, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it at all.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:52 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Why? Is she 12 or something?
18, will soon be 19. :P
Old 09-27-2010, 08:52 AM
I can't stop thinking big

Yay, some other people visit the Mayhem boards.

Anyway, I love Disturbed live. Last time I saw them at MAAW it was an awesome show, and I'm looking forward to seeing them in an even smaller venue in three weeks.
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 09-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Bobb O)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
You think so? I've seen them twice and they were great both times. They aren't exactly the most energetic band live, but they still put on a pretty good show. They always sound spot on.
yeah, i totally agree actually. i've only seen them on mayhem 08, but i thought they were great.
10/4-Melvins
Old 09-27-2010, 09:56 AM
N00B

I dont feel like quoting everyone that said something to me, hahaha so Ill just sum this up all in one. or, at least do the best I can
I mean disturbed DOES sound good live, they do. I was just expecting more, I guess? I dunno, theyve always just bored me live for some reason. first time I saw em was in '05 when I was like 15, and it was them headlining an x-fest that year at a place with probably 20,000. it was...good, but not as good as Id hoped. second time wasnt any better, but honestly thats probably because slipknot came on after them. and slipknots live show at mayhem fest '08 was AWESOME
sanitarium78, thanks for the welcome-ness. this is the first post Ive put on here, but I still come here from time to time anyways. I just hide really? as I said above, only saw em play at two pretty damn big places. and I was just disappointed. maybe they are one of those bands that are better in smaller venues. papa roach sure is, HA