Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Headbanger

Accept -- Baltimore, MD -- September 24th, 2010

At the last minute I got offered a ticket and ride to see Accept and Kings-X at Rams Head in Baltimore and I accepted. My expectations for women and cool people were low but I own a bunch of Accept albums/cd's so why not check them out.

Kings-X were exactly what I expected. Boring and huge with the Dream Theater Crowd. I couldn't have described them better in any way. They suck live and had me yawning until the last song which was so repetative that I actually found myself singing along for 10 seconds so I got exactly that much pleasure out of them. Some people loved them but they're terrible live and boring as fuck. If you're a sheep you will love them. If you have a brain and actually like to be stimutated mentally, get there late. The singer is so cracked out that all I thought about was slamming a cheeseburger down his throat to help him. Sad but true...

Accept killed it. Seriously they killed it! The entire setlist was great but the fact they played Flash Rocking Man and Monsterman made my night. If I had it to do over again I would have set up shop in front of Wolf Hoffman on the right side of the stage but I was front row and really enjoyed the show from that vantage point. Wolf killed it and shredded every solo exactly as I remembered it. Even the new stuff was thick and powerful and all about Wolf shredding his solos.

Overall an incredible show. Accept are unreal even with a Udo clone but the real star is Wolf Hoffman. ALL HAIL!
Old 09-24-2010, 09:35 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post

Kings-X were exactly what I expected. Boring and huge with the Dream Theater Crowd. I couldn't have described them better in any way. They suck live and had me yawning until the last song which was so repetative that I actually found myself singing along for 10 seconds so I got exactly that much pleasure out of them. Some people loved them but they're terrible live and boring as fuck. If you're a sheep you will love them. If you have a brain and actually like to be stimutated mentally, get there late. The singer is so cracked out that all I thought about was slamming a cheeseburger down his throat to help him. Sad but true...

I respect you're opinion, but you are knocking one of my favorite and personal life changing bands I've ever discovered.

Last edited by MPF; 09-24-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:45 PM
In Search of Truth

I don't respect your opinion of King's X. At all. This is exactly what I knew was going to happen when this tour was announced. People who went to this show to see Accept, and thus "METAL!", will NOT appreciate King's X's music. Plain and simple. I'm not saying it's superior, it's just a completely different vibe and a completely different crowd who appreciate it. I'm not really sure what you mean by "if you are a sheep, you will like them", and also - they are fantastic live. You may hate their music either way, but they are great live for what they're trying to do.

Also I can't help but at your notion that King's X is music for people who don't have brains, and Accept is music for people who have brains and like to be stimulated.

I don't WANT to start a fight with you. I honestly hope you don't respond to anything I've said because this argument isn't worth having because no one is going to change their mind. I just NEEDED to say that much.

Edit: Also, I count precisely zero setlists in this thread.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:47 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I don't respect your opinion of King's X. At all. This is exactly what I knew was going to happen when this tour was announced. People who went to this show to see Accept, and thus "METAL!", will NOT appreciate King's X's music. Plain and simple. I'm not saying it's superior, it's just a completely different vibe and a completely different crowd who appreciate it. I'm not really sure what you mean by "if you are a sheep, you will like them", and also - they are fantastic live. You may hate their music either way, but they are great live for what they're trying to do.

Also I can't help but at your notion that King's X is music for people who don't have brains, and Accept is music for people who have brains and like to be stimulated.

I don't WANT to start a fight with you. I honestly hope you don't respond to anything I've said because this argument isn't worth having because no one is going to change their mind. I just NEEDED to say that much.
*Basically everything in a more truthful way of what I wanted to say*
Old 09-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Metal DJ

Quote:

Old 09-25-2010, 04:07 AM
N00B

How about a set list?
Old 09-25-2010, 08:08 AM
Headbanger

That picture was money by the way. My buddy who I call Manowar because he only wears Manowar and Symphony X shirts (actually you know him Maiden) loved Kings X as I knew he would. Lots of people did, I just don't get them. They've been around forever and their music is mind numbing to me. Not sure what their last song was but it was the same basic riff for 6 minutes and had this weird stop/start for the last 2 minutes. I had people cracking up while I screamed "play that same riff again" and they did... for 2 more agonizing minutes. Sorry I just don't get them but didn't mean to put them on blast that bad. I was just fired up from seeing a true rock star last night. My respect for Wolf Hoffman runs deep and last night he killed it. I was very glad I went, I just wish I would have gotten there late.

Here is my best recollection of the setlist. I was so happy to hear those 2 songs I didn't expect to hear that I was in my glory all night after that. I was hoping to hear Son of a Bitch, Turn Me On, Dogs on Leads or Too High to Get it Right but I couldn't complain. 3 songs off Blood of the Nations was cool too.

Starlight
Midnight Mover
Teutonic Terror
Restless & Wild
London Leatherboys
Fast As a Shark
Locked and Loaded
Metal Heart
Breaker
Bulletproof
Neon Nights
Burning
Flash Rocking Man
Living for Tonight
Monsterman
Up To the Limit

Encores:

The Abyss
Princess of the Dawn
Balls to the Wall
Old 09-25-2010, 10:34 PM
In Search of Truth

According to a post on the King's X official Facebook page, this was the setlist - in which case you can count me the fuck in for Friday's show.

01.The Train
02.Alright
03.What Is This?
04.Power Of Love
05.Pray
06.Dogman
07.Pretend
08.Complain
09.Pillow
10.Go Tell Somebody
11.Run
12.Fall On Me
13.Over My Head
14.We Were Born to Be Loved
Old 09-25-2010, 11:44 PM
That Does Not Make Sense!

Quote:
That picture was money by the way. My buddy who I call Manowar because he only wears Manowar and Symphony X shirts (actually you know him Maiden) loved Kings X as I knew he would. Lots of people did, I just don't get them. They've been around forever and their music is mind numbing to me. Not sure what their last song was but it was the same basic riff for 6 minutes and had this weird stop/start for the last 2 minutes. I had people cracking up while I screamed "play that same riff again" and they did... for 2 more agonizing minutes. Sorry I just don't get them but didn't mean to put them on blast that bad. I was just fired up from seeing a true rock star last night. My respect for Wolf Hoffman runs deep and last night he killed it. I was very glad I went, I just wish I would have gotten there late.

Here is my best recollection of the setlist. I was so happy to hear those 2 songs I didn't expect to hear that I was in my glory all night after that. I was hoping to hear Son of a Bitch, Turn Me On, Dogs on Leads or Too High to Get it Right but I couldn't complain. 3 songs off Blood of the Nations was cool too.

Starlight
Midnight Mover
Teutonic Terror
Restless & Wild
London Leatherboys
Fast As a Shark
Locked and Loaded
Metal Heart
Breaker
Bulletproof
Neon Nights
Burning
Flash Rocking Man
Living for Tonight
Monsterman
Up To the Limit

Encores:

The Abyss
Princess of the Dawn
Balls to the Wall
question, how loud/clear were the vocals? I saw Dir En Grey at Rams head earlier this month and the vocals were so low that when there were no instruments playing, and just Kyo singing, you could still barely hear him, so i was just wondering if it was an off night for the sound people, or if its that bad every night.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:29 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
According to a post on the King's X official Facebook page, this was the setlist - in which case you can count me the fuck in for Friday's show.

01.The Train
02.Alright
03.What Is This?
04.Power Of Love
05.Pray
06.Dogman
07.Pretend
08.Complain
09.Pillow
10.Go Tell Somebody
11.Run
12.Fall On Me