Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, ON -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-22-2010, 07:35 PM
N00B

Yeah, I don't know the story. I know for a fact it was NEVER that early before the last year or so. I used to be a regular at HOB as far as concerts and just hanging out there. A LOT changed once Live Nation or whatever bought them out. I think it was Live Nation anyway.

Either way, it's crazy! Jon even made mention of it and the guys at the soundboard scrambled around a bit, checking their watches and the set list constantly. I have to say though that it was THE. BEST. SOUND. EVER. for a HOB show last night. Everything was spot on!
Old 09-22-2010, 07:36 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Also, SOL could've cut two songs off their set so IE could've done a few more. IE is the band selling the tickets after all. You figure they would be informed of the curfew before their set started.
Jon was awfully preachy. He chatted between every song, going on about the government, etc. He had a story between every song. Had he cut that shorter, they could have played more and even IE could have started earlier.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:26 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bringer Of Death View Post
Yeah, I don't know the story. I know for a fact it was NEVER that early before the last year or so. I used to be a regular at HOB as far as concerts and just hanging out there. A LOT changed once Live Nation or whatever bought them out. I think it was Live Nation anyway.
Was there another late night 17+ or 21+ show by a different band that night? The HOB does occasionally host 2 shows a night. If they were hosting a second late night show that very same night that would explain the super early curfew.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:18 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaner666 View Post
Was there another late night 17+ or 21+ show by a different band that night? The HOB does occasionally host 2 shows a night. If they were hosting a second late night show that very same night that would explain the super early curfew.
There might have been. I didn't hear or see anything about it though. That'd at least justify it.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:39 PM
N00B

That curfew was bs, when they went to do an encore, i just though it was a little break for a 2 hour set. It was an amazing set all in all. But...FUCK THE HOUSE OF BLUES!

Tags
iced earth, sons of liberty