Skid Row -- Toronto, ON -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

Old 09-21-2010, 08:56 AM
N00B

Slash -- Atlanta, GA -- September 20th, 2010

here is a quick review of the Slash show in Atlanta.
Venue: Center Stage Theatre. Capacity 1500-2000. Hard to get a count. Sold out. The place is great and looks like a mini arena in it's layout. Trucked on down from Nashville to see this and it turned out to be way more fun then we had thought.
I knew i was going to go to this when Slash finally hit the states so I only ever read a couple of setlists early on before he came home. The reports of Myles Kennedy being a good solid vocalist and being able to pull of all the different singers is really true. He doesn't run around much, instead does a Jim Morrison like approach to his stage presence. the rest of the band played great, did there parts and got out of the way when they were suppose to. Slash was what you would expect him to be and more. he really tore it up, looked like he was having a great time and would occasionally get to the mic and crack some jokes. Setlist was great, good flow to it with a few surprises. Highlights for me were "My Michele", "Sucker Train Blues", "Dr Alibi", "Night Train", and "Slither"
Opening band was called taddy porter. a good band, nothing out of the ordinary for a blues based hard rock band. had a "Free" vibe going on with their sound if I had to compare them with someone. Played about 30 minutes.
Slash came on about 9:30 and played about 1:45 . I wasn't going to get any merch and wanted to go get a good spot since it was general admission. I Didn't price the shirts but my friend said they looked to all be around $40 and hoodies for $60. saw a Slash picture shirt and a Slash solo album cover shirt.
The set is right and in order as it was given to me by Slash's Lighting director.

1. Ghost
2.Mean Bone
3. Night Train
4.Sucker train Blues
5.Back From Cali
6.Civil War......didn't know he was playing this and it sounded great. Added a bit of Voodoo Chile at the end.
7. Rocket Queen
8.Beggars & Hangers On
9. Do it for the Kids
10. Dr Alibi (Bass player sang)
11.Watch this (Myles played third guitar)
12. Starlight
13. Just Like Anything
14.Slash solo / full band jam on Godfather theme
15.Sweet Child o' Mine
16. Rise Today
17. Slither
ENCORE
18. By The Sword
19. My Michele
20. Paradise City
Old 09-21-2010, 09:19 AM
N00B

when did slash start doing my michelle?!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:01 AM
We're dying on the inside

I would so much rather see Slash than Hired Guns n' Rose.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenpriest View Post
when did slash start doing my michelle?!
Since Axl killed his own band.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:13 AM
things are more than just what you see

I wish nothing to say was still in the set.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 09-21-2010, 01:47 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggus View Post
here is a quick review of the Slash show in Atlanta.
Venue: Center Stage Theatre. Capacity 1500-2000. Hard to get a count. Sold out. The place is great and looks like a mini arena in it's layout. Trucked on down from Nashville to see this and it turned out to be way more fun then we had thought.
I knew i was going to go to this when Slash finally hit the states so I only ever read a couple of setlists early on before he came home. The reports of Myles Kennedy being a good solid vocalist and being able to pull of all the different singers is really true. He doesn't run around much, instead does a Jim Morrison like approach to his stage presence. the rest of the band played great, did there parts and got out of the way when they were suppose to. Slash was what you would expect him to be and more. he really tore it up, looked like he was having a great time and would occasionally get to the mic and crack some jokes. Setlist was great, good flow to it with a few surprises. Highlights for me were "My Michele", "Sucker Train Blues", "Dr Alibi", "Night Train", and "Slither"
Opening band was called taddy porter. a good band, nothing out of the ordinary for a blues based hard rock band. had a "Free" vibe going on with their sound if I had to compare them with someone. Played about 30 minutes.
Slash came on about 9:30 and played about 1:45 . I wasn't going to get any merch and wanted to go get a good spot since it was general admission. I Didn't price the shirts but my friend said they looked to all be around $40 and hoodies for $60. saw a Slash picture shirt and a Slash solo album cover shirt.
The set is right and in order as it was given to me by Slash's Lighting director.

1. Ghost
2.Mean Bone
3. Night Train
4.Sucker train Blues
5.Back From Cali
6.Civil War......didn't know he was playing this and it sounded great. Added a bit of Voodoo Chile at the end.
7. Rocket Queen
8.Beggars & Hangers On
9. Do it for the Kids
10. Dr Alibi (Bass player sang)
11.Watch this (Myles played third guitar)
12. Starlight
13. Just Like Anything
14.Slash solo / full band jam on Godfather theme
15.Sweet Child o' Mine
16. Rise Today
17. Slither
ENCORE
18. By The Sword
19. My Michele
20. Paradise City
I love Center Stage. The layout is awesome-- it holds 1100 but it feels so intimate, because the seating is circular and angles towards the stage. I saw Mastodon there, awesome show but sound was awful.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:49 PM
sheds on white

Yeah October 6th is gonna be good
Old 09-21-2010, 02:03 PM
::Metal Nerd::

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
awesome show but sound was awful.
yeh thats right
i could barely hear slash over the other guitar player. but i did get to meet slash before the show and he signed my ticket stub. besides the sound it was an amazing show
9/21 Eluveitie
10/4 Rush Tribute
10/10 MH & COB
10/11 King Diamond
Old 09-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Banned Asshole

Saw him in Norfolk, Va on Saturday. Myles Kennedy had to use lyrics sheets for almost the whole show.... They kept changing them out for him. I was disappointed by that.....

Also, no Welcome to the Jungle was very disappointing.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:35 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magson13 View Post
Saw him in Norfolk, Va on Saturday. Myles Kennedy had to use lyrics sheets for almost the whole show.... They kept changing them out for him. I was disappointed by that.....

Also, no Welcome to the Jungle was very disappointing.
wow, That is strange. He didn't have one in Atlanta that i noticed. Never saw anyone bring lyrics or sheets of paper up during the show. Saw the setlist being taped down before the gig but not anything else.
He played more GnR then I thought. Liked that he didn't play too many hits. rather hear My Michelle and Night Train...but I understand you being bummed. My friend had his hopes up for welcome as well as more Illusion tracks.
as far as sound, i have good custom ear plugs that seem to filter out most of the fuzz crap you hear live and I heard great from where I was. I sat about 6 row behind the front of house board.

Tags
slash