13. Red Barchetta
14. YYZ
15. Limelight
16. The Camera Eye
17. Witch Hunt
18. Vital Signs
19. Caravan
20. Drum Solo
21. Closer To The Heart (Alex Acoustic Intro)
22. 2112 (Overture/The Temples of Syrinx)
23. Far Cry

24. La Villa Strangiato
25. Working Man

1st Set Time: 7:40-8:47
2nd Set Time: 9.10-10:45

Rush Lineup:

Bass/Keyboards/Vocals: Geddy Lee
Guitar: Alex Lifeson
Drums: Neil Peart

The Charter One Pavilion is one of my least favorite venues. It is loosely constructed on the site of an old air field. All of the seats in the 1st section are just chairs on a flat concrete surface. There is no incline at all. The stage is just like a flatbed with scaffolding. Unfortunately, the place seems to be booking more shows each year, even though it is probably only half the size of a normal outdoor amphitheater. The sound is usually not that great, but luckily it was fairly good for this show. (Maybe the Rush sound techs were able to work their magic, ha ha.)

I was really looking forward to this tour primarily because of the Moving Pictures suite. Rush has played all of the songs from that disc on recent tours except The Camera Eye, which they had not played since the original Moving Pictures tour in the early 80's. I had never seen it played live and since it is one of my favorite songs I was extremely excited to finally get to see it. It was seriously amazing live and fully lived up to my expectations. I am not really sure why they waited so long to play it live again. Maybe one of the guys doesn't like the song or something. I really enjoyed seeing Moving Pictures in it's entirety, even though some of the songs are played on a regular basis. It is one of my all-time favorite discs so it was cool to see it played from start to finish.

It was also cool to see a couple of other rarities thrown into the set. This was the first time that I had seen Presto live and I had not seen Marathon since the Presto tour in 1990. Workin' Them Angels has become one of my favorite songs on Snakes & Arrows, so I was glad to see that remain in the set. It was also great to see the return of La Villa Strangiato. I may be in the minority but I love the two new songs and I thought they sounded excellent live. I can't wait to hear the new disc next year. The first two verses of Working Man were played in a reggae style before breaking into the song as it is normally played. Really my only minor disappointment was the lack of Grace Under Pressure material. This was the 17th time that I had seen Rush and they have been outstanding every time.

Last edited by es156; 11-26-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Concert Veteran

This is the first time anyone has seen Presto live since it's never been played at all until this tour.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
This is the first time anyone has seen Presto live since it's never been played at all until this tour.
I assumed that was the case, but I wasn't sure. I knew that they didn't play it at either of the shows that I saw on the Presto tour.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:41 AM
I can't stop thinking big

Every time I see this set, I get a sad.

Tags
rush