Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014
Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014

  #1  
Old 09-16-2010, 06:14 AM
idrinkwine732's Avatar
idrinkwine732 idrinkwine732 is offline
Pursue happiness with diligence
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 4,413
Godspeed You! Black Emperor Tour

Godspeed You! Black Emperor will be touring North America in February and March 2011. The following dates have surfaced thus far:

2/16 Vancouver, British Columbia @ Vogue Theatre
2/17 Seattle, WA @ Showbox at the Market
2/18 Portland, OR @ Crystal Ballroom
2/20 San Francisco, CA @ Great American Music Hall
2/21 San Francisco, CA @ Great American Music Hall
2/23 Los Angeles, CA @ Music Box at the Henry Fonda
3/16 Brooklyn, NY @ Masonic Temple
3/17 New York, NY @ Church of St. Paul the Apostle
3/19 Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
3/20 Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
3/22 Athens, GA @ 40 Watt Club
3/24 Nashville, TN @ Cannery Ballroom
3/26 Chicago, IL @ Metro
3/27 Chicago, IL @ Metro
3/29 Detroit, MI @ Majestic Theatre

and TWO dates at the Great American Music Hall. I'm soooooo excited
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,832
I would love to see this. Any word on openers? I'm really busy at work today and don't have time to look.

BTW, the gig closest to me is the last date on the tour (Detroit). That's a tasty possibility because if I were to go it would mean a trip to the poker room at MGM afterward, most likely.


EDIT: Aw, fuck it. That's a Tuesday night. No can do - my wife works Tuesday nights and I watch the kids. The two shows in Chicago are on the weekend - maybe that could work out. Perhaps I can convince her to go visit her family in Northwest Indiana and accompany me to the show. We'll see.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?

Last edited by Natrlhi; 09-16-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-16-2010, 10:32 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,830
Blog Entries: 19
Godspeed You! Fonzy...
__________________
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-16-2010, 11:15 AM
JLRedWing13's Avatar
JLRedWing13 JLRedWing13 is offline
I can't stop thinking big
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 1,554
Last date of the tour....problem is I haven't listened to them yet. I guess this gives me a reason to now...
__________________
5/6 - Rammstein
5/16 - Meshuggah/Baroness
5/18-5/20 - Rock On The Range
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-16-2010, 11:32 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,830
Blog Entries: 19
I actually have a tape from this band, but I can't find it anywhere to listen to online nor do I have a tape player.
__________________
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-16-2010, 12:01 PM
idrinkwine732's Avatar
idrinkwine732 idrinkwine732 is offline
Pursue happiness with diligence
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 4,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I would love to see this. Any word on openers? I'm really busy at work today and don't have time to look.

BTW, the gig closest to me is the last date on the tour (Detroit). That's a tasty possibility because if I were to go it would mean a trip to the poker room at MGM afterward, most likely.


EDIT: Aw, fuck it. That's a Tuesday night. No can do - my wife works Tuesday nights and I watch the kids. The two shows in Chicago are on the weekend - maybe that could work out. Perhaps I can convince her to go visit her family in Northwest Indiana and accompany me to the show. We'll see.
I'll tell you how it is
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-16-2010, 12:31 PM
bt11763's Avatar
bt11763 bt11763 is offline
Bobb O)))
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,186
i don't know this band but anyone who plays the masonic temple is worth checking out in my book. what style do they play?
__________________
9/1-POTR
9/5-Altar of Plagues
9/25-St. Vitus
10/4-Melvins
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by bt11763 View Post
i don't know this band but anyone who plays the masonic temple is worth checking out in my book. what style do they play?
They play instrumental post-rock using a lot of unique instrumentation such as strings (violin and cello) and samples and such. They are a large group (membership runs around eight or nine people at any given time, plus or minus a few), and they tend to use a lot of graphic art in their live performences. I guess you could say they are somewhat like Neurosis, only a whole lot mellower and more orchestral. Their music sounds a lot like soundtrack music, and in fact one of their songs was used in the movie "28 Days Later" (although it was pretty heavily modified for the movie soundtrack).

They're not for everybody - that's for sure - but I think they'd be amazing to see live.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-16-2010, 12:54 PM
bt11763's Avatar
bt11763 bt11763 is offline
Bobb O)))
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
They play instrumental post-rock using a lot of unique instrumentation such as strings (violin and cello) and samples and such. They are a large group (membership runs around eight or nine people at any given time, plus or minus a few), and they tend to use a lot of graphic art in their live performences. I guess you could say they are somewhat like Neurosis, only a whole lot mellower and more orchestral. Their music sounds a lot like soundtrack music, and in fact one of their songs was used in the movie "28 Days Later" (although it was pretty heavily modified for the movie soundtrack).

They're not for everybody - that's for sure - but I think they'd be amazing to see live.
sounds pretty interesting, i'll definitely check them out
__________________
9/1-POTR
9/5-Altar of Plagues
9/25-St. Vitus
10/4-Melvins
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-16-2010, 02:54 PM
NecroRob's Avatar
NecroRob NecroRob is offline
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle-ish
Posts: 1,028
I'll go to this if I can.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:08 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008