Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014

Old 06-18-2011, 07:33 AM
In Search of Truth

All this series did was prove that at this point in the NHL, you goalie is EVERYTHING. Goalies aside, the Canucks were twice the team the Bruins were - it just so happened Tim Thomas is the best in the world right now and Luongo completely shit the bed.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:20 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern_Shaman View Post
There was no purpose. The riot wasn't really started by hockey fans, I don't think. There were people with ski-masks and balaclavas ready w/ tools at the start of the 3rd period. Using the insane crowds to get it started, really. And then a lot of people joined in once they saw others. I imagine similar things would've happened, but the loss probably pissed a few people off.

Doubt any of them were at the GNR riot. Most recent was actually in 1994, also over a Stanley Cup loss, but again, most of the people rioting were young kids back then. Mostly young people if you look at the pictures.

Irresponsible mayhem, no doubt. I'm glad I went downtown though, just so that I can say I was there when all of this went down. One of many observers.
I'm never one to promote violence but that douchetool of a couple making out in the street while it was going on should have been Flashbanged just for being worthless fucking humans. I hate shit like that and people who promote it like it was something special. Those are the same people who go to dance studios and practice their 1st dance at their weeding and slap it on youtube. Idiotic Hipster Sheep.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:36 AM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
, the Canucks were twice the team the Bruins were - .

not in my book. We dominated them in Boston and we were pretty even in game 2 and 5. Dominated them again in game 7. They were on top of us only in game 1 imho. Agree that goaltending is really the most most important part of the game though...

that aside I just took my morning to watch the parade thanks to my NHL.Center ice package. i cried like a little girl

Go Bruins Go !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 06-18-2011, 11:50 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
not in my book. We dominated them in Boston and we were pretty even in game 2 and 5. Dominated them again in game 7. They were on top of us only in game 1 imho. Agree that goaltending is really the most most important part of the game though...

that aside I just took my morning to watch the parade thanks to my NHL.Center ice package. i cried like a little girl

Go Bruins Go !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
I don't see how the B's dominated the Canucks in Game 7. Frankly I felt Vancouver outplayed them offensively, hence why they had almost twice as many shots on goal. I don't know if I've ever seen a hockey game where the score so poorly reflected the over play of the game itself. If it wasn't for Luongo's massive failure and Thomas's godlike performance, I think it would've easily been a one-goal game either way.

Last edited by Maiden33; 06-18-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:22 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I don't see how the B's dominated the Canucks in Game 7. Frankly I felt Vancouver outplayed them offensively, hence why they had almost twice as many shots on goal. I don't know if I've ever seen a hockey game where the score so poorly reflected the over play of the game itself. If it wasn't for Luongo's massive failure and Thomas's godlike performance, I think it would've easily been a one-goal game either way.
yeah you're maybe right for the first period but still there was no Canucks domination in that series, in fact to me it was the other way around where the best offence & power play of the season was shut down to almost nothing all series long

great victory for my Bruins !

finally I might add !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 06-18-2011, 09:58 PM
I can't stop thinking big

Vancouver was clearly the better team in terms of speed and skill, but Boston's players were physical and grinding enough to wear them down and take them off their game. All in all though, Tim Thomas is far and away the main reason the Bruins have the Cup. Congrats to them.
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 06-19-2011, 06:04 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLRedWing13 View Post
Vancouver was clearly the better team in terms of speed and skill, but Boston's players were physical and grinding enough to wear them down and take them off their game. All in all though, Tim Thomas is far and away the main reason the Bruins have the Cup. Congrats to them.
Basically this. Grit and toughness is just as important to being a great hockey team as skill and speed though. If Vancouver had spent less time whining and diving and more time crashing, banging and playing solid defensive hockey, the series may have turned out differently.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Wrath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I'm never one to promote violence but that douchetool of a couple making out in the street while it was going on should have been Flashbanged just for being worthless fucking humans. I hate shit like that and people who promote it like it was something special. Those are the same people who go to dance studios and practice their 1st dance at their weeding and slap it on youtube. Idiotic Hipster Sheep.
Aaaand you get the award for passing judgment on something without knowing the story at all. Is the hype over the photo retarded? Yes. Is your post about the couple also retarded? Yes. The scumbag riot police actually hit the girl down to the ground and raised their batons to hit her when her boyfriend covered her to try and prevent her from being hurt. I was on the street as it happened. There was no rioting happening on that street. After being trampled by the police, she wasn't exactly able to hop up right away. And no, they didn't stay in the street making out. They kissed once after the police passed over and then he and someone else carried her off.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...ng-couple.html

And as for the game itself? Once again, GO BRUINS GO. People can say that Vancouver (my city) had a better team, but that's simply untrue. They might have had faster players, but Boston had a lot of attributes that Vancouver lacked. Solid hits and goaltending matter too.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:11 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Aaaand you get the award for passing judgment on something without knowing the story at all. Is the hype over the photo retarded? Yes. Is your post about the couple also retarded? Yes. The scumbag riot police actually hit the girl down to the ground and raised their batons to hit her when her boyfriend covered her to try and prevent her from being hurt. I was on the street as it happened. There was no rioting happening on that street. After being trampled by the police, she wasn't exactly able to hop up right away. And no, they didn't stay in the street making out. They kissed once after the police passed over and then he and someone else carried her off.
Indeed. It was well documented like the next day that those two weren't just a couple of hammered sex-fiends, but that the dude was just comforting his girlfriend. Knowing the full story before saying something silly is good.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:54 AM
Headbanger

Quote:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...ng-couple.html

And as for the game itself? Once again, GO BRUINS GO. People can say that Vancouver (my city) had a better team, but that's simply untrue. They might have had faster players, but Boston had a lot of attributes that Vancouver lacked. Solid hits and goaltending matter too.
I've seen them on 4 shows now discussing this and how natural it was. Seriously? Sheep! I don't give a fuck what the story was it was not a heat of the moment moment it was a let's get on Dr. Phil moment and it worked masterfully because people are naive sheep. Don't be fooled Dude. Who does that? Seriously think about it. Would you help your girlfriend up or pick her up and get the fuck out of there or would you look up, see cameras and make a kodak moment? Do you really think they didn't know cameras were there? Really Dude?

As far as the series Vancouver totally dominated in my eyes. They has so many chances to score and anything but the best goalie on the planet lets up at least 3 goals that last game. Thomas was amazing and if he wasn't on a whole nother level, vancouver wins that series all day. He was other worldly! One of the best goaltending performances I've ever seen. My respect level for that guy couldn't possibly be higher right now.