Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Dying Fetus -- Merriam, KS -- July 12th, 2014
Phobia -- Tempe, AZ -- July 11th, 2014
Collective Soul -- Woodhaven, MI -- July 11th, 2014
Warped Tour -- Mansfield, MA -- July 10th, 2014
Metallica -- Warsaw, Poland -- July 11th, 2014

Old 09-09-2010, 03:46 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

More Dio releases

After the double DVD in November there will be:

A 180mg vinyl reissue of 'Holy Diver' (November 2010)
The previously announced 16-vinyl/CD box set of albums (2011)
A "The Complete Bootlegs" box set (2011)
And three books. Wendy is finishing off the last bits of Ronnie's autobiography, and there will be an illustrated lyrics book and a photo book. (2011)

Feinstein's new album will also be out soon, which will include the last track Ronnie ever recorded vocals for.

That comes from this interview for Rolling Stone.

11/7 Snakecharmer
20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
Old 09-09-2010, 11:17 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
After the double DVD in November there will be:
And three books. Wendy is finishing off the last bits of Ronnie's autobiography,
So Dio was almost done with his autobiography before he died? Cause I really wanna read that.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:44 PM
N00B

They release all this after he died. Seems kind of exploitive
Old 09-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenmagic View Post
I kind of have to agree. I mean, its in the hands of Wendy who never once seemed like she was exploiting Ronnie, but she's announcing way too much in too little of a span of time.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenmagic View Post
All of this was in the works before he died. Ronnie and Wendy were set to start their own record label. Which these live recordings and boxsets were to be released on, along with future Dio albums. They were to sign other artists to the label as well.

I don't listen to vinyl but that box set sounds like on of the most awesome things ever

Dio has a lot of stuff that was never released before, especially live. There are a ton of boots out there. It's nice to see that a lot of this stuff will be made available. It's just too bad Ronnie couldn't live long enough to see it happen

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 09-12-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:18 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
I kind of have to agree. I mean, its in the hands of Wendy who never once seemed like she was exploiting Ronnie, but she's announcing way too much in too little of a span of time.
I couldn't agree more. Not to mention it's pretty weird to give an interview four months after Dio's death that is basically, "Hey, look at how much Dio stuff we're gonna be offering for sale!"

I kind of doubt this amount of stuff (three books!?) would've been part of Dio's release cycle if he was still around.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheese View Post
I couldn't agree more. Not to mention it's pretty weird to give an interview four months after Dio's death that is basically, "Hey, look at how much Dio stuff we're gonna be offering for sale!"

I kind of doubt this amount of stuff (three books!?) would've been part of Dio's release cycle if he was still around.
Did you not see what I posted above about these releases being in the works before he died? When you look at all the CDs they produced in anticipation of the release, it makes no sense to just have them sit around and not let the fans have a chance to get copies of them.

How as a Dio fan could you not want to have these live recording's on proper CD format now? I think they're releasing a bit too much at once but I don't think it's exploiting his death. If the product is already made and ready to ship you just have to go through with it as planned.

I think all this stuff being made available is a fine tribute to the legacy Dio left behind.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:04 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Did you not see what I posted above about these releases being in the works before he died? When you look at all the CDs they produced in anticipation of the release, it makes no sense to just have them sit around and not let the fans have a chance to get copies of them.

How as a Dio fan could you not want to have these live recording's on proper CD format now? I think they're releasing a bit too much at once but I don't think it's exploiting his death. If the product is already made and ready to ship you just have to go through with it as planned.

I think all this stuff being made available is a fine tribute to the legacy Dio left behind.
I know some of these were "in the works" (like the CDs) but I doubt that every last one of these releases would've either been out, or been out this quick if it weren't for Dio's passing. Also, I sincerely doubt that the original plan was for three Dio books in one year... Since that's about three more Dio books than a normal year tends to bring
Old 09-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

I have to agree about the books. She doesn't have a publishing deal for those yet. She's shopping them around at the moment according to the interview, I agree that it's highly unlikely the original plan was to release the other two alongside his memoir.

The music and DVDs were all planned and I'm very happy with those coming out. When he died I said the best way for him to be remembered would be to release all the shit we don't have, like a collection of all the b-sides and Japanese bonus tracks none of us have on CD, for instance.

11/7 Snakecharmer
20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival