Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Warped Tour -- Auburn Hills, MI -- July 18th, 2014
Megadeth -- Denver, CO -- September 16th, 2007
Queen -- Atlantic City, NJ -- July 26th, 2014
Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014
Machine Head -- Toledo, OH -- July 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 09-08-2010, 05:19 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

It's possible there could be some tension between mike and the rest of Dream Theater right now if he has more fun with the ones in his other bands.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:25 PM
welp

What... the... fuck...?

Well, at least we don't have to deal with his terrible singing anymore
Old 09-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Thrash to Kill

He's gonna have to change his name to something stupid like the douchebags in A7X haha...sad as fuck
Old 09-08-2010, 05:33 PM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
It's possible there could be some tension between mike and the rest of Dream Theater right now if he has more fun with the ones in his other bands.
Yes I was thinking that too. And why do you keep following me? I'm going to drink some water with flouride in it now
Old 09-08-2010, 05:33 PM
N00B

I'm going to have a different opinion against a lot of people on this site, but I just need to get my views out there because this is huge for me.

I'm obviously surprised, but i'm gonna have to tell the truth. After seeing Dream Theater recently twice now, I could kind of see him simply going through the motions. He wasn't really as into it as usual, and he was trying to step it up for Iron Maiden's tour, but he barely got a response from the crowd if you ask me.

I saw him with Avenged Sevenfold this summer, and I gotta tell you, he seemed happier. I've read twitter updates and statuses, and it just seems like he really did have more fun with them. I'll always like Dream Theater more than Avenged Sevenfold, but damn, A7X puts on an unbelievable live performance, especially with him backing them. Believe me, he got a taste of headlining an arena in front of a sold out crowd, and he liked it. I can't blame him one bit. Is Mike Portnoy one of the greatest drummers ever? He's great, but he's not the best. Has he influenced me unbelievably as a drummer? Absolutely.

Dream Theater has always been a great band. But Portnoy is the one who is the soul of the band. Not only is he a talented player, but he is also the one who does the press and planning for the band. If you ask me, Dream Theater won't make it through 2011 without Mike. When I thought of Progressive Nation, I thought Mike Portnoy.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. I'm sure many with disagree with some of what I may believe, but that's my 2 cents.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:34 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaysWithKnives View Post
Yes I was thinking that too. And why do you keep following me? I'm going to drink some water with flouride in it now
I wouldnt recomend fluoride but the choice is yours. Maybe mike drank to much fluoride and thats why he quit.
Also im not following you dream theater is one of my favorite bands so im going to comment when I hear Mike Portnoy left the band.

Last edited by Indestructible; 09-08-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:35 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

I guess he finally realised how boring they were in concert. They have good songs but in concert you need more ...half the crowd is asleep during their shows

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 09-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Altars of Radness

Wow. I really don't understand why he is leaving. Yes, he says his heart isn't with Dream Theater anymore, but why? He has had more breaks than a lot of people in bands get, but wants to go on hiatus? I think this needs a bit more explaining on his part, and possibly the other members. It's just insane to think that after that many years, he's just going to walk away.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame747 View Post
I saw him with Avenged Sevenfold this summer, and I gotta tell you, he seemed happier.
Maybe they make him feel more young and angsty.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:38 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
I guess he finally realised how boring they were in concert. They have good songs but in concert you need more ...half the crowd is asleep during their shows

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Die.