Masked Intruder -- Kansas City, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Machine Head -- Springfield, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Downset -- Albany, NY -- July 24th, 2014
Megadeth -- Tolmin, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-06-2010, 09:41 AM
In Search of Truth

Shadow Gallery -- Tannersville, PA -- September 5th, 2010

last night I was able to witness the first show by legendary Progressive Rock/Metal band Shadow Gallery. It has been 18 years since the release of their debut album, and the band has now finally graced the stage. Given that this area is where all the guys are from, they are hailed as local heroes of sorts, and the show had about as many friends/family as fans. The show took place at Barley Creek Brewing Company, and they had a really nice outdoor stage set up which was amazing on a night like last night. The atmosphere was just perfect. I'd say there were probably about 250 people in attendance, which filled the area the show was held in. I probably knew over 30 people there personally.

Support band Suspyre hit the stage around 7:15, and were pretty fantastic. The sound mix for their set was great aside from the vocals being a tad low in the mix. This band may lack a bit in the stage presence department, but they certainly make up for it with technical chops. They were very, very tight. I was a little disappointed to see they omitted "April in the Fall" from their set, but nevertheless, they were quite good and gave us a sneak peek at material from their next album.

Suspyre Setlist:
01.The Singer
02.last of the Survivors
03.Divided Son (New song)
04.Fire Dancer (New song)
05.Waterburns
06.Cycle (New song)
07.Alterations of the Ivory
08.Evolutions

Shadow Gallery hit the stage around 9:00 and played for a full two hours, and it was quite the show. You could feel the love in the audience, and the admiration for these guys to finally be taking the stage after so many years, especially now with new frontman Brian Ashland, who dazzled many (myself included) by displaying his abilities on guitar and keyboards alike. Actually most of the band were pulling multi-instrumental duties all night, with Gary Wehrkamp bouncing back and forth between guitar and keyboards, like their special live guest Eric Diegert, who actually graduated from my High School just a few years prior to me. Carl Cadden James even played flute on one track, in addition to his great bass playing. Brendt Allman stuck to guitar for the whole show, but was absolutely fantastic, even though his guitar was a bit low in the mix for the first couple of songs. The band pulled off their complex vocal harmonies very well, which is hard to do in the live environment. There were significant technical issues throughout the show, as somewhat expected, but the band powered through them and the audience didn't mind the occasional extra minute of wait for the next song. All in all it was an absolutely fantastic show displaying a ton of amazing musicianship, and much more tightness than I personally was expecting. Not to mention, hands down, one of the best drum solos I've ever seen.

Shadow Gallery setlist:
01.Stiletto in the Sand
02.War for Sale
03.Mystery
04.Deeper Than life
05.Pain
06.Destination Unknown
07.Questions at Hand
08.Ghost of a Chance
09.Digital Ghost (Intro) / Brian Ashland Guitar Solo
10.Strong / Drum Solo
-Gary Wehrkamp Keyboard Solo
11.The Andromeda Strain
12.Crystalline Dream
13.Haunted
Encore:
14.Room V
15.Gold Dust
Old 09-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Altars of Radness

Now THAT sounds like a show.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:44 AM
In Search of Truth

A few of the more decent pics I got... All are from my cell phone so not bad I guess.

Suspyre:

Shadow Gallery:

Tags
shadow gallery, suspyre