Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 08-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Visualize perfection

Vital Remains -- Tulsa, OK -- August 29th, 2010

Setlist now. Gig report later. I am pooped.

Let The Killing Begin
Dechristianize
Devoured Elysium
Scorned
Savior To None... Failure For All
Where Is Your God Now?
Icons Of Evil
Hammer Down The Nails
Old 08-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Altars of Radness

Their drummer needs to learn the old stuff! However, I love the new material too, so I would have enjoyed this show regardless of what they played. Looking forward to your report, too.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:19 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Last time they played old material was on the 2006 tour when I saw them at Murderfest, unless they have done it recently and I don't know about it. They promised new songs starting on the Summer Slaughter and I have seen nothing of that. We were actually promised a new cd by the beginning of summer and that never happened. They're sets are too predictable, then need to play Entwined by Vengeance someday.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Life Is My Own To Live My Own Way

was this a headlining show? if so thats a bit sad
8/23-Exodus, Malevolent Creation
8/25-Enthroned
10/22-Immolation, Vader
11/8-Nile
Old 08-30-2010, 09:42 AM
Visualize perfection

The first two openers both had some catchy riffs but Cerement, the first band, had 0 solos and their songs seemed to drag on for too long. Divine Heretic was the same, but they had a few cool solos thrown in. Enfuneration from OKC is probably the third best Oklahoma local band I've seen, behind Hardtop For Kennedy and Submerged In Dirt. They are very heavy and have at least one awesome solo in each song they played. Very cool dudes as well.

Vital Remains came on to Let The Killing Begin, facing away from the crowd with their horns in the air. Turned around just in time to start the opening riff to Dechristianize and the front row went crazy. That song is SO FUCKING GOOD live. They teared through their set perfectly. Scott Wily pulled me and a few other people up on stage multiple times to stage dive, which was scary at points because there was only like three rows of people and they always looked pissed off when someone jumped. I screamed my throat out for every song and it felt special being one of the very few people doing so. Scott held the microphone to my mouth twice during Savior To None... Failure For All. The band seemed stoked to be playing to what they called the real death metal fans in Tulsa. Scott told us they would definitely be coming back after the new album releases next year. He also told us they would be playing at least one song from each of their older records. He asked for song titles we wanted to hear and the only person besides me who said anything was some kid who yelled "Dechristianize." They finished their set and were very thankful and cool to all of us. I went and bought a shirt and Scott pointed at me and said "You! You had some fun didn't you?" and I smiled and replied "Eh, a little bit." He laughed, thanked me for coming out, shook my hand, and told me that I need to get The Marquee packed for when they come back next year. They put on a hell of a show for us 30 Oklahomans, and I'll definitely be there when they come back through.

Also, Scott announced they were going to play Forever Underground, but then mockingly said never mind because the drummer didn't know it.

Last edited by Fires Of Sedition; 08-30-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Metal DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fires Of Sedition View Post
Also, Scott announced they were going to play Forever Underground, but then mockingly said never mind because the drummer didn't know it.
Their last drummer knew it...I saw them play "Forever Underground" two nights in a row two years ago.

Tags
vital remains