Ne Obliviscaris -- Sydney, Australia -- November 27th, 2014
Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 08-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Headbanger

The most incredible thing you've ever seen at a show?

Last night I went to see Devildriver. I knew I was going to get in the pit and have a fun night. My buddy had to drop his kid off and caused us to miss Saviours and Skeletonwitch so I was not a happy camper walking into the venue even though I had free tickets. Kataklysm were awesome. I'm not totally familiar with their music but they played 9 or 10 songs and killed it. I was hanging by the merch area and couldn't get over the Skeletonwitch shirt that said EAT SOME FUCKING PUSSY! on the back. Old me would have bought the shirt strictly out of principle. My other buddy said they yelled it on stage before they left and they were great live.

As we got a drink and moved up for Devildriver I saw a black dude with a mohawk in a wheelchair on the edge of the pit. DD have vicious pits so I'm actually concerned that this dude is going to get jakked up or flattened by a circle pit. They open with End of the Line and I look back and dude is gone. He's in the fucking pit going ballsitic in his chair. They start a circle pit and someone grabs him and is firing him along with the crowd at 20 mph. Man it was incredible. Dude fell out of the chair at least 6 times and people picked him up, he readjusted his legs and got back into it. Those pits were vicious. Top 3 most vicious pits I've ever witnessed and he was right there all night.

I've never had more respect for a human being in my life and I'll never forget witnessing that in person. I've been to hundreds of shows and that is by far the #1 most amazing thing I've ever witnessed at a concert or anywhere for that matter.
1/28 - Machine Head
Old 08-24-2010, 07:38 PM
N00B

That guy sounds like a hero

My most amazing thing was looking around for something to kill myself with while sitting through Hammerfall (opening for Death) and seeing Chuck Shuldiner standing next to me watching them. Yes, I went up to him and bothered, i mean talked, to him.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

-Little kids (probably 10 or younger) crowd-surfing at Against Me! and Propagandhi shows.
-A dude who crowd-walked from like half-way back in the crowd to the front in literally two or three strides, then got to the stage, sang a few lines into the mic, and then stage-dived (at an AFI show)
-Didn't see this in person, but two guys from the AFI board got front row for their performance at the VMAs a few years ago, and then stage-dived. They got banned from MTV for life, haha.

Last edited by powerslave_85; 08-24-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:43 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
That guy sounds like a hero

My most amazing thing was looking around for something to kill myself with while sitting through Hammerfall (opening for Death) and seeing Chuck Shuldiner standing next to me watching them. Yes, I went up to him and bothered, i mean talked, to him.
i heard about that bill, talk about some totally opposite bands. (even though i do like some Hammerfall).

most interesting thing was seeing a 30 year old man wasted trying to teach a 4 year old kid how to mosh at a Shinedown concert.....lol was pretty funny
Old 08-24-2010, 07:50 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Seeing some dude try to get through the pit at Aerosmith when they played Graspop in a motorised wheelchair.

Some asian dude who was dressed like he was going to church getting led through the crowd at Ozzy in 2007 by a fat topless dude who looked about 40.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:54 PM
N00B

Another one - during electric eel shock at wacken 07, they had a guy dressed as the flash surfing on a raft
Old 08-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

A pregnant women singing in a grindcore band.
3/27-At The Gates/Converge?
Old 08-24-2010, 10:45 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
A pregnant women singing in a grindcore band.
Yeah I'd say this one too.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Rats off to ya

I've never seen anything too amazing but when I saw Dethklok last year a guy jumped onstage during murmaider and stole the mic from brendon and started singing, then he got his ass kicked by security guards. It was pretty lulzy.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:45 PM
not the mama

when I saw The Cool Kids at All Points West last year there was this guy in the audience randomly holding up this wooden stand up cartoon giraffe thing.