Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-24-2010, 03:26 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
I want Testament

Anthrax sucks

Glad you had a good time though. It seemed like people haven't been too fond of Slayer on this tour, so a 10/10 was a nice surprise.
You suck. I also noticed your sig, which leads me to believe that you aren't fond of Megadave, either. So a fine "fuck you" to you, good sir.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:36 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
I hope we get Practice...
i saw them in Montreal and was really disappointed they didnt play it. i dont know much by them, but i do know that song kicks ass, and they didnt play it :[
Old 08-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
I want Testament

Anthrax sucks
1. Anthrax doesnt suck at all.
2.If you lived here,or i lived there i would gladly trade tix with u cause i need to see Anthrax live.

6 days til my Carnage!
10/31-King Diamond
Old 08-24-2010, 11:14 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Damn you beat me to the first post of this!!! Yep couldn't have said it better myself. This was my first Testament experience. Why the hell it took me so long is beyond me but I'm just glad I finally got to see them. Alex Skolnick slayed for sure. After reading about Chuck's mic-stand air guitar it didn't do it just for the amazingness it was.

I probably enjoyed Megadeth the most out of all 3 bands. I forgot alot of those great songs that are on Rust In Peace. The highlight for me was probably "Take No Prisoners" from their set. I've given up getting mad about hearing "Trust" & "A Tout Le Monde" because they are obviously never getting out of the set so I have learned to accept it. Sound was absolutely perfect. Absolutely love the "Black Sabbath" opener they come out to. Ellefson got almost as much applause from the crowd as Dave did when he came out.

I can agree on the disapointment of the Slayer sound at Mayhem last year. Worst sound I had ever heard. Not Slayer's fault but it was just unfortunate. Sound was 100x better last night for sure. The one thing that was slightly disapointing was how Tom's not able to hit some of the higher notes/screams that he used to and he just left them out. I'm not trying to be negative about it b/c they were still amazing last night but some of that was kind of sad. I guess I just can't accept the fact that Slayer is beginning to get older. Maybe I'm the only one who picked up on this or even said anything, I don't know. That was only thing I noticed that bothered me. That being said, I enjoyed all of Season's probably more than I thought. Finally getting to hear "Skeletons Of Society" was pretty great for me. Might have preferred "South Of Heaven" a little more but can't go wrong either way. Show was just amazing top to bottom. Best show I have seen in quite awhile. And thank god for the bootleg t-shirt guy in the parking lot after the show!!!!

Link to pics from the show, some of the best I've taken in awhile. Manks I was on left side as well. Not sure we might have even been fairly close, I don't know: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=4a8f61a553
Cool pics. It's funny seeing someone with a cig hanging out of their face. We've been smoke-free in our venues and bars so long that it actually looks weird to me now.

Testament's backdrop is incredible looking. I've seen them twice recently and haven't seen Anthrax in 10 years so I don't mind Anthrax. I'm just hoping we don't get 3 or 4 covers. If they were playing Among the Living (or most of it) it might even be the highlight of the night for me.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:33 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Cool pics. It's funny seeing someone with a cig hanging out of their face. We've been smoke-free in our venues and bars so long that it actually looks weird to me now.
Kansas and Missouri are 100% smoke-free at indoor places (including venues, bars, and restaurants) but they definitely don't enforce it at outdoor places.
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 08-26-2010, 12:19 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n8ihx3wNzo

"Infamous White Power band Slayer playing their cover of the WWII era classic Angel Of Death at a Ku Klux Klan/NSM unity rally in Bonner Springs Kansas on 8/23/2010"

lol'd hard
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 08-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n8ihx3wNzo

"Infamous White Power band Slayer playing their cover of the WWII era classic Angel Of Death at a Ku Klux Klan/NSM unity rally in Bonner Springs Kansas on 8/23/2010"

lol'd hard
Old 08-26-2010, 12:35 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
You suck. I also noticed your sig, which leads me to believe that you aren't fond of Megadave, either. So a fine "fuck you" to you, good sir.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:51 PM
N00B

Instead of playing Holy Wars a second time, why don't Megadeth just substitute another song in for it? Even if it's just something like Sweating Bullets
Old 08-26-2010, 03:00 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
Instead of playing Holy Wars a second time, why don't Megadeth just substitute another song in for it? Even if it's just something like Sweating Bullets
It's not like they play the whole song, they just play it from Dave's solo.

Tags
megadeth, slayer, testament