System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 08-24-2010, 08:17 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgodt View Post
Just for some perspective... when Iron Maiden was about to release No Prayer for the Dying, they were spinning it as a return to the days of Number of the Beast.

Bands always do this... and it's lame.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:10 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post

Queensryche have been lying about their releases for a while now. They're only good post-Empire when they aren't trying to be metal. Whenever they try to get heavy, they suck. That's why Tribe rules. It's chill, relaxing rock and doesn't pretend it isn't.
Mindcrime 2 is still pretty alright by me. The only albums with almost no redeeming features are American Soldier and HITNF.

But yeah, the best post-Empire album IMO is Promised Land (fuck yeah), and that's barely any metal at all.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:41 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
I'm not excited. Though if it legit sounded like that, I would be.
This.

I'm sure it's more overhype, and, just like every other Queensryche record in the past ten years, when it comes out, a whole bunch of fanboys will cry "no really guys, this one is good!" - and then the average person will listen to it and find themself overcome with the same underwhelmingness and disappointment as every Queensryche album post-Promised Land.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:20 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
This.

I'm sure it's more overhype, and, just like every other Queensryche record in the past ten years, when it comes out, a whole bunch of fanboys will cry "no really guys, this one is good!" - and then the average person will listen to it and find themself overcome with the same underwhelmingness and disappointment as every Queensryche album post-Promised Land.
Although to be fair this "average" person has probably been equally underwhelmed by most of Maiden's post 80s output/lots of bands later works
Old 08-24-2010, 07:17 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
This.

Actually, on Queensryche's forum, most members don't like what they've done in the last 10 years. Even Samsara, who owns and runs the forum, complains a lot.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:49 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
Actually, on Queensryche's forum, most members don't like what they've done in the last 10 years. Even Samsara, who owns and runs the forum, complains a lot.
Dude, that's not Queensryche's forum - that's a "fan" forum. Samsara is a completely jaded dude who basically gets his jollies by railing against the band to a choir that preaches it right back at him, because if you disagree you will NOT last long over there (thus why "most members" don't like what Queensryche's done in the last 10 years.)

(I used to be a moderator there.)
Old 08-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
That is not Queensryche's forum. It is just a fan forum run by some guy who likes to complain. A lot.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheese View Post
Dude, that's not Queensryche's forum - that's a "fan" forum. Samsara is a completely jaded dude who basically gets his jollies by railing against the band to a choir that preaches it right back at him, because if you disagree you will NOT last long over there (thus why "most members" don't like what Queensryche's done in the last 10 years.)
Beat me to it, ha ha.

Quote:
(I used to be a moderator there.)
I did not know that.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Somewhere Back In Time

Quote:
Although to be fair this "average" person who happens to have crappy taste in music has probably been equally underwhelmed by most of Maiden's post 80s output/lots of bands later works
Fixed.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:02 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
Beat me to it, ha ha.

I did not know that.

Yeah. I was for quite awhile during the Mindcrime II era, but I just couldn't handle the tone over there. They basically clamp down on anybody not agreeing with their consensus in all sorts of crazy ways...

The reason I was kicked out is because I outed his wife (who at the time wasn't identified as such, but basically agreed with all his posts so he could go, "See!") Other people he's banned include his college roommate (among other friends)

You really can't get a more distorted view of Queensryche "fans" than you can from The Breakdown Room.