6. Floorshaker
7. a bao a qu
8. 16:47:52
9. Akirame Flower
10. Pink
11. Korosu
12. 1970
13. Untitled (last track of Smile)

I can't really think of a witty/smart way to do this review because I'm still recovering from the mindshattering awesomeness that is Boris.

I'm so glad they still have Michio Kurihara with them, the dude is a genius. Better Boris collaborator than Merzbow, if I do say so myself. As it was the last time I saw them, his earth-shattering solo on Rainbow was a highlight. It just comes out of nowhere during one of the most relaxing songs of all time and just smacks you in the crotch with a frozen sledgehammer over and over again.

The sound wasn't as loud as I remember, but still one of the loudest shows I've ever seen. Also, after Akirame Flower, the band had to pause and just do reverb for about 10 minutes because something was messed up with Wata's peddles. But it just made what came after it that much sweeter. So happy they threw in Korosu and 1970 which are even better live than on tape. And Floorshaker > A Bao A Qu was probably the best part of the show. I still get chills thinking about it. Concert of the year.

Russian Circles was pretty good as well; really surprising. For an instrumental progressive/post-rock band, they had some awesome heavy parts. Even when the guitarist's pedal's messed up, they used that time to joke around with the crowd. I did recognize "Death Rides A Horse" as the second-to-last song they played.

Opening the show was KC's "Life And Times". They are a standard shoegaze/post-whatever band that fit in with Russian Circles perfectly. Heavy in spots and their bass player was awesome.

Boris: 10/10
Russian Circles: 8/10
Life And Times: 7.5/10
07/25 - Masked Intruder
07/31 - Warped
Old 08-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Wrath!

I just recently started listening to these guys. Sounds like they really deliver in a live setting, as I expected. They're playing an hour away from me next week. Even though I'm not big into their music, and probably couldn't recognize most songs in a set... Should I try to go? =P.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:17 AM
N00B

Saw BORIS in 08, ear shattering concert.

Cant wait for the Vancouver show next sunday!!!

Farewell is my fav track off "Pink"
Old 08-16-2010, 11:10 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careenifier View Post
I just recently started listening to these guys. Sounds like they really deliver in a live setting, as I expected. They're playing an hour away from me next week. Even though I'm not big into their music, and probably couldn't recognize most songs in a set... Should I try to go? =P.
Only go if you want your ears to ring and your neck to be sore the day after.

AKA: Yes.
07/25 - Masked Intruder
07/31 - Warped
Old 08-16-2010, 11:53 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careenifier View Post
you probably wouldnt recognize most of these songs because most of them are off of singles, and 7 "s but dont fucking miss this show! you will completely regret it. so fucking go and get ready to get your ears and brain smashed by the awesomeness of what is boris with michio kurihara!
Old 08-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

A frog was hopping around the stage during the latter half of the show.

In the liner notes for Amplifier Worship (which has a frog on the cover), it says something about how a frog symbolizes Satan in Japanese culture.

Truly, Satan was at that show.
07/25 - Masked Intruder
07/31 - Warped

Tags
boris