1995-07-16

1. Intro
2. The oath
3. Nightmare be thy name
4. The bell witch
5. Curse of the pharaoes
6. Black funeral
7. A dangerous meeting
8. The mad arab (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZfK5ar7yRc)
9. Is that you Melissa
10. Doomed by the living dead
11. Moby Dick
12. Egypt
13. My demon
14. Satans fall
15. Come to the sabbath
16. Evil

You really cant compete with this. My first time seeing Mercyful and the almighty King, and the night lives with me still. Granted, Time wasnt their best effort, and I could have lived without the Moby dick-cover. Still, you CAN NOT compete with this setlist and this band at this point in time. The previous album (In the shadows) is as classic as the old ones, and at this gig Michael Denner was still in the band. The Denner/Shermann-twinlead has always been as important to me as the Murray/Smith-twinlead in Maiden. Theres something magic about those pairs playing together.

And King. My own danish demon.

Ive seen MF three more times after this (setlists can posted at requests) and Ive seen King solo 4 times aswell. Ive never been disappointed, and Ive always left with a hope that I will see them again.

18 is 9.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:56 AM
Concert Veteran

Solid set from them. I have yet to see King Diamond live at all The guy just never seems to come around my area at all since I became a fan of his in the mid 90s.

Anyone heard any updates from King lately? I know he had his issues with his back but I don't know if it's gotten better for him or not. I hope he has it in him to do one more tour. I'll understand if he doesn't though, I have a herniated disc in my back to and it's not fun to deal with sometimes when you're doing physical stuff.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:36 PM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

I haven't seen him either really though, i just recently got into him last year with Mercyful Fate, and im lookin on his solo shit, i fuckin love. any recommendations????
Old 08-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
I haven't seen him either really though, i just recently got into him last year with Mercyful Fate, and im lookin on his solo shit, i fuckin love. any recommendations????
Start with 'Abigail' and 'Them'. If Abigail doesn't hook you on his solo work than nothing will. 'Conspiracy' is also pretty solid and continues the story that was on 'Them'.

The Graveyard, Voodoo and The Puppet Master are also very good. Especially The Puppet Master, the story on it is very cool but also quite demented as well
Old 08-31-2010, 05:24 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Start with 'Abigail' and 'Them'. If Abigail doesn't hook you on his solo work than nothing will. 'Conspiracy' is also pretty solid and continues the story that was on 'Them'.

The Graveyard, Voodoo and The Puppet Master are also very good. Especially The Puppet Master, the story on it is very cool but also quite demented as well
"Them" was what got me hooked.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:45 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

My first King albums were Abigal and The Puppet Master. The puppet master has always been my favorite out of everything he has done. How are his live shows they must be great to see.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post

I've heard a few random songs here and there and I think they're fuckin fantastic, plus i know about some of the story lines, those are pretty badass. But ya i definitely will look that shit up, thanks man
Old 09-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Abigail is definitely an awesome album. I liked Voodoo and House of God alot too.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:37 AM

any albums i should stay away from?
Old 09-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
any albums i should stay away from?
Just go with ones we've mentioned so far like Abigail and Them. Then you can work your way down from there. The only albums that King was off on were The Spiders Lullaby, House Of God (though the story is pretty awesome, the excution of it wasn't there for me) and his most recent Give Me Your Soul, I didn't find to be that great.

Other than that he stays true to his sound and is pretty consistant with writting good to great albums.

Tags
mercyful fate